calicool

What Did Santa Bring You? Christmas 2011

bought my daughter the Shark. Bought a tank of helium too.

Going to put it together this afternoon. My wife owns a hair salon which has a high-ish roof so we are taking it down there later for a test swim :D

Sounds great buddy,,,,,,,,,,,and dont forget some photos :D

One for the tc'ers across the old to shake their head at I suspect :D A signed copy of "Notes from a twelve man: a truly biased history of the Seattle Seahawks" (I know, someone has to support them :D ). Not rc but very chuffed.

Did get a few parts arrive in the post, and going to order a Lunchy body set with some of the wedge of cash I got for my birthday (boxing day).

Merry Xmas to all TC members!

@GregM: That's a really nice Lego Technic set (#8070)! My wife gave me #8880 Super Car ( http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8880-1 ) back in the 90s, and it was a fun build. Your car looks more realistic and sleek.

-Paul

Thanks :D Well, your 8880 has great looks too (yeah, it's a bit blocky, but that was just the style in that day, and I prefer the look of most older technic models over the new ones) and does have interesting features like 4-wheel-steering, lowerable headlights and a functioning gear-shift knob (which the 8070 is lacking, I think - still have to build it, please correct me if I made a mistake)

Hi Chaps!

I got a great surprise from my girlfriend .

The tiny boxes under the tree were socks , mini electric volcano , Jurassic park boxed set ( blu ) and a new wallet .

Inside the wallet was a lottery ticket ( no didn't win )and a note saying " look in the storage cupboard "....

A SWEET CC-01 landcruiser that I had been looking at a month ago...... Nice one Lynda !!!

Spent Christmas day in HEAVEN building , drinking , eating and driving my new ride around.

I needed some paint so popped out to the local hobby shop on boxing day and got a great deal on a Subaru brat in the sales too

Santa was a bit late, but bringing me this nice package, he is completely forgiven

dec28_11004.jpg

It is being fitted with ball bearings, oil shocks, a steel pinion, and a new receiver (for my normal transmitter) even before it has run a single meter.

I'm also very tempted to fit a small, 70gr, 200W brushless motor to go lightweight from the start...

Lots of stuff.

None of it RC related.

That's OK though. Having a bit of a break from the hobby anyway.

on the first page of this thread i listed what i got myself for christmas, my wife alos got me:

hakko tip cleaner (the brass egg thing)

2 sets of tamiya "low friction" dampers for m03 mini

1 pair of alloy front knuckles for m03 mini

no one got the hakko fx888 soldering iron that was on my list so i ordered that today, my old iron is rubbish.

Exactly how isolated in Canada are you? :lol:

Lol even after being told it's a camera, it's still not immediately apparent.

Santa brought me a second hand TRF201 for a project of mine: Link

Yup... FF Buggy based off a TRF201 :lol: It was on my wishlist for a long time to do this! Thanks Santa for the donor car, and thanks to Grahoo, BloodClod and many other members and people for inspiring me to develop and build one myself!

I didn't get many exciting things for Christmas - mostly random little things that will likely be put away somewhere and forgot about! But I did get £80 worth of vouchers for my local hobby shop and £50 in cash!!

I called my LHS yesterday to order something with my vouchers, but they're low on good Tamiya kits right now so instead I called up Time Tunnel and ordered a Blitzer Beetle that will hopefully be here in time for a buildfest on New Year's Eve.

Still got my LHS vouchers, so maybe in a month or two I'll get the LHS to order me in an M05 Monte Carlo Cooper or an FAV or maybe one of the other great re-res that we're expecting in 2012!

Lol even after being told it's a camera, it's still not immediately apparent.
The GoPro Hero camera is the definitive small nearly indestructible HD Video camera for sports,cars,underwater,Film/TV production crews,obviously RC of all types and tons of other use's...full HD version with still capability and a cool time laps feature. GoPro Hero 2 is the latest version... Company based about 40mi away from me in Half Moon Bay California. Hope this sheds some light on the subject lol

Ah, it's just a cheap "Mall" heli, the ones with 2 opposite rotating blades...

It does hover quite nice, but is more of a small house toy, something to play with xmas day.

The Knight hauler is an entirely different story! Boy do I have to get ordering some stuff to build that monster!

Happy Holidays all,

Skottoman

They're still great fun and very stable, I crashed the tail of my smallest one into the living room door, which knocked the tail rotor off the motor, as I had an audience, I left it hovering and put down the controller, picked up the tail rotor and reatteched it while self-hovering, then carried on flying, much to everyones delight.

Good luck with the hauler!

Hi Guys A Newbie Here Well I Got A Tamiya Nissan Drift Spec Gtr,, This Will Be My First Build In Over 20yrs Arghhhh So I know I have Came To Right Place For Help

post-38589-1325246781_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys A Newbie Here Well I Got A Tamiya Nissan Drift Spec Gtr,, This Will Be My First Build In Over 20yrs Arghhhh So I know I have Came To Right Place For Help

Welcome mate to world of reality :)

sure u will get the utmost help and information.

U r in the right place, right time and with right people ;)

Enjoy

Didn't get any tamiya this Christmas. So instead bought myself a Porsche RSR on the GT-01 chassis. Cant wait for it to arrive :-)

The Christmas Knight Hauler HAUL! (I bought the accessories myself, wife got me the Knight Hauler)...

Just need to set up a time to start the build, and modify the 4YF to self center the left stick... WOOHOO!

hauler_haul.jpg

The Christmas Knight Hauler HAUL! (I bought the accessories myself, wife got me the Knight Hauler)...

Just need to set up a time to start the build, and modify the 4YF to self center the left stick... WOOHOO!

Looking good man...Looks like a fun build.Modifying the 4YF to self center will be the Quickest part of the Build.