IBIFTKH

Willys Wheeler project

I think the (much delayed, sorry!) answer to your question is 'It looks ok in the car'

DSCF1445

DSCF1446

DSCF1448

DSCF1450

And a short vid of testing the lights - link

cheers,

Rob

• Like 1

Just watched your video, am liking the lights. Nice work.

Though am feeling a bit sad, does this mean you've now finished your Wheeler, as I've been enjoying the updates.

;)

Sorry bud, but yeah it's nearly finished :-(

I need to repaint the roof where I filled in the holes. I'm going to add some bling - knuckles, C-hubs etc but it's basically done. And I need some tyres from somewhere - hoping the Street Rover ones will fit - because the current ones have dried up and have no grip at all! There was a thread on here a while ago about reviving old tyres but I can't find it now...

That's the one, thanks mate. Hmm, I've got some eardrops that says it's peanut oil, wonder if the would work? The fronts are reasonable, it's the rear tyres that are the problem.

And I need some tyres from somewhere - hoping the Street Rover ones will fit - because the current ones have dried up and have no grip at all!

eTamiya still have the Voltec front & rear tires listed as in stock.

Tamiya (#50761) - Tamiya RC Boy's 4WD Front Slicks (1 Pair)

50761.jpg

Tamiya (#50762) - Tamiya RC Boy's 4WD Rear Slicks (1Pair)

50762.jpg

I suggest roughing up the surface of the tires, new they have a very slick shiny surface to them. Easiest way is just to thrash the chassis around a smooth Asphalt car park for a couple of batteries, depending on the amount of negitive camber your chassis has, you may need to take the tires off the rims and flip them around to get and even finish. Once they are broken in they give a lot more grip.

Tamiya make foam inserts for them, but I'm not sure if they will help grip. Tamiya (#53318) - Tamiya RC Boy's 4WD Inner Sponge Set - Front , Tamiya (#53319) - Tamiya RC Boy's 4WD Inner Sponge Set - Rear

The wheels look great in white, I presume they didn't just come up looking like that when you stripped the chrome, I'm guessing you paint them, correct ?

I wish I had half you skill, I still have no idea how I going to paint my Willy's Wheeler 4WD project now that it's basically finished.

Thanks for the links, new rear tyres on the way :-)

Yes, the wheels were painted after stripping the chrome. It's just auto primer and gloss white, nothing complicated. My 'skill' is questionable! There's lots of painting advice on the forum, just don't rush it.

cheers,

Rob

I'm still really annoyed at Photobucket, but on the plus side it's been quite nice to work through some old threads and revisit old favourites like this one.

DSCF8433

DSCF8430

cheers,

Rob

• Like 2

Those wheels are awesome.

Who you posting pics with? 

I need to do a full model audit and get myself inspired again.

• Like 1

I'm using Flickr. Took a little bit of time to get my head round it but happy so far - multiple uploads, albums, easy tags, easy links, no ads, no ransom demands (yet!), it's all good.

• Like 1