Sign in to follow this  
njmlondon

Wide wheels...

I ahve recently bought a set of the 2-piece 5-spoke wide wheels for my TA03RS chassis Porsche GT2. The only problem is that the 31mm wheels only stick out the same distance as the normal 26mm ones, so in effect the width of the car does not change. It seems that all of the extra width is carried near the chassis rather than away from it. The only way to rectify this is to put the spokes on in reverse so that they are in the middle of the wheel rather than against the rim.... but then they look a bit silly!.

All I want is nice fat tires and the rear wheel arches filled!

Any tips????

I know Tamiya offers some offset (longer) hexagon wheel adapters, but I just can't find their item number. I'm pretty sure that they are also offered with the Toe-In rear uprights for the TL01 & M03 Chassis, as parts of the plastic parts tree.

Sorry that I cannot offer any further help[:)]

The wheels you have can have the centres mounted on either side of the rim. To make a deep or shallow offset.

For the PIAA Porsche mount them on the deep side and then put short axles in the back. You can keep the long axles but it does make it look a bit too wide.

If you check out my Porsche in my showroom you can see the Kawada wheels, these are the business so you could try and get some. The offset of the rears is the same as your Tamiya wheels when mounted on the deeper side of the rim. I have used the shorter axles here and you can see that it looks about right.