Sign in to follow this  
Racing Master

Best Tamiya slogans

KBF - Mountain Slayer - when I was building my KBF, i nearly didnt use the Mountain Slayer decal for the window. Dont know about you guys, but it just says "80's heavy metal band" to me.

quote:Originally posted by pauljmuk

KBF - Mountain Slayer - when I was building my KBF, i nearly didnt use the Mountain Slayer decal for the window. Dont know about you guys, but it just says "80's heavy metal band" to me.

id="quote">id="quote">

Whats even more scary is that MOUTAIN were a dodgy 70's hippy band! uk folk may remember the theme tune to Weekend World (which I quite like) was by Mountain & called Nantucket Sleigh Ride [8)]

I sense a moshy hippy at Tamiya [:o)]

Thundershot - keep it down, bullit benny, and what about Willy [:I] surely the most famous driver of em all, eeer no slogan though... except 'dont try and turn this quickly, unless you wanna a new bodyshell'[:I]

the clod driver's name was klem klubfoot, and the boomerang driver was "eager" ted edwards.I always kinda thought that one had a nice sound to it! the boomerang also had an owner listed. His name was H Robbins. did any other cars list owners?

• Like 1

what about VANESSAS lunchbox "vibrant vannie"

Burgers,dogs,soft drinks & munchiesid="red"> is written on the back.

The only female driver in the tamiya line up?

She even includes her phone number [?]

PH:619-753-5415id="black">

Not true there is a female driver on the new toureg [:D] well i am one - havent got my name on any tho[:I]

I cant believe no one has said the midnight pumpkin drivers name yet...

E.T. Everett

The side decals say "Midnight Pumpkin for Cindy"

quote:Originally posted by pauljmuk

Lowgear - isnt the driver for the Baja Champ "Fabulous Frey"?

id="quote">id="quote">

Im not sure? Though I added it [:)]

quote:Originally posted by Sjoerd

The Super Champ driver is Al Ernat, and he is actually quite famous too. [;)]

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=10626&id=34

On another note, can anyone think of a nice slogan to put on my Blazing Star? Something seems to be missing on that buggy... [;)]

id="quote">id="quote">

Wow [xx(] I never knew that! Talk about being in the right spot at the right time! I added that name too.

Apparently "Barf n' Barry" is quite famous: he drives my Dyna Storm too!

(the re-release version, not the original one)

A kind of cool rewrite of the old frog slogan "No Guts No Glory!" would might be "Go Nuts No Worry!" I guess that would apply to some of the vintage car drivers at Snetterton :P

Thanks sjoerd for pointing out my Super Champ. has anybody made a comprehensive list of all the vehicles driver names? obviously most are made up but some are real. It would be interesting to see the history behind some of them.

Jim

Your welcome Jim. I'm sure if I wouldn't have shown it, you'd be very eager to post that link yourself anyway. [:P]

Now could anyone think of a nice slogan for a Tamiya car? Just imagine that if it's nice enough, that Tamiya would put it on the Neo Shot and release it (at last). Now show me your creativity. [;)]

Thread from the dead time!

I've brought this back because I've just been chatting to an old school mate that I haven't seen for about 15 years. Found him through Facebook we got to talking about Tamiyas. I got my Madcap from doing a trade with him and he reminded me that on the bus on the way to school we used to look at the Tamiya book and decide which cars we were going to get next (yeah, on our pocket money!) He also reminded me of something brilliant that I'd forgotten - we used to come up with our own wing slogans!

As soon as he mentioned it the memories came flooding back. Bewtween us we could only remember three but I do remember making a whole list of them on the bus.

Here's our Pulitzer award winning slogans ...

Eat Dust

Buggy Boy

and (my personal favourite) New Nitro!

Ha ha, when you look at some of Tamiyas efforts ours weren't actually that bad :rolleyes: