Sign in to follow this  
dan12

4500kv bl combo in my fighter buggy

hey guys

Long time no speak and all. lol

been bussy with 1/8 nitro stuff the last few months, but hope you all are well !!

So then....just ordered a 4500kv bl combo for my fighter buggy rx. As you might remember i have tried many combo's in it lol ....most ending up costing loads and catching fire. haha

So any idea on how to get it more stable and get power down ?? Its gunna be used on-road only. So i have lowered the back with freakin pricey shocks.

What wheels and tyres should i buy for her? buggy wheels with street tyres? Need maximum traction.

Thanks

dan

When you say on road, is that asphalt or what? What voltage are you running and what gear ratio would help.

When you say on road, is that asphalt or what? What voltage are you running and what gear ratio would help.

tarmac running. 7cell and 6 cell nimh and sometimes 2s lipo. no choice on gearing really either 17t or 19t. thanks

Ok, I'd stiffen it up as much as possible and go with a reinforced slick of soft compound for the cooler weather. The slick actually does better on asphalt than a treaded tire, but dust and dirt mess you up either way. If the suspension is soft then your power goes into the suspension instead of the road.

Ok, I'd stiffen it up as much as possible and go with a reinforced slick of soft compound for the cooler weather. The slick actually does better on asphalt than a treaded tire, but dust and dirt mess you up either way. If the suspension is soft then your power goes into the suspension instead of the road.

Okay cool, road slicks it will be on the rear. Got to think about weighing the front down a little.

How do you think the gearvox will last??

Dan, get a set of Ansmann road wheels/tires. There's post of it somewhere around. They are cheap, and they provide excellent grip.

002.jpg

yeah i will get ansmann ones mate, they have proven to be good with nitro's.

Any particular ones? Also should i just get rears or not? Btw nice dt02 mike0