Sign in to follow this  
Nugget

When i was a younger, my bedroom was like a shop. Pics.

LJCJan2012017.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but i thought i would share some images of my youth. Happy days, i loved anything with Tamiya written on it! Had some nice stuff.

LJCJan2012011.jpg

LJCJan2012012.jpg

LJCJan2012014.jpg

Had two astutes, one i used to race and the other to pamper. Still got the race one.

LJCJan2012010.jpg

Falcon i took to Liverpool for the Tamiya Beaties challenge, remember that?

LJCJan2012013.jpg

Thats me on the far right (fat kid!)

LJCJan2012016.jpg

LJCJan2012006.jpg

LJCJan2012027.jpg

Wish u still had the Avante, it had a CPR unit and o1r Dynatech power, loved it.

LJCJan2012006.jpg

LJCJan2012005.jpg

Still got the hat

LJCJan2012026.jpg

Anyone else want to share?

Thats really a great sharing mate...............( u just sent me baaaack to my childhood , ohhh,,,wat a lovely days.. :o )

so r these boxes and RC still there or.... :)

cheers

Thats really a great sharing mate...............( u just sent me baaaack to my childhood , ohhh,,,wat a lovely days.. :o )

so r these boxes and RC still there or.... :)

cheers

Good question! Did you keep all of these or get rid of them over the years?

OSR

Cheers, i sold the Avante to someone on here about four years ago on ebay. I only realised that it is now with a Tamiyaclub member was when i was just scrolling through the gallery (as you do ) and recognised it! I contacted the Greek owner and confirmed that it was once mine! The scorcher is gone as is the hotshot and the porsche 959 and one of the Astutes. I regret selling all of these but hey , what can i do about it now. The astute was nice, full hop up options- cpr unit, o2h dynatech, hi caps all round and totally mint. The scorcher was really nice, i sold it in the days before the re re after i had restored it totally in about 1988 after buying it from my mate. He used and abused it for years and i bought a wreck. After buying a load of parts from RIKO including the last body set they had in stock i restored it to near mint condition.

Sold the lot for a motorbike! Nevermind, over the last couple of years i have been collecting NIB kits and have a nice little collection inc an original black bumper scorcher, superchamp ,Hilux etc. I just love Tamiya stuff , there is just something about them, maybe its the box art or maybe its just my childhood. They take me back, sad i know! Ive saved and worked hard for these and intend to keep.

LJCJan2012019.jpg

LJCJan2012020.jpg

Lyndonssept11052.jpg

Great photos thanks for sharing! I know what you mean though there is something that just takes you back to your childhood. As a kid i used to love going in the local Beatties with my dad and asking the man behind the counter to get out the Lunchbox and drive it up and down the shop which he would duly do for me everytime lol.

Rigga

Hey man! I think we all are in the same boat. Sometimes these things have to take a backseat to real life and in the end we realize what we did we kick ourselves! Looks like you got a nice little replacement collection going for you now!

OSR

Superb pics from back in the day, I was lucky to get one kit every Christmas.

You had loads, it must have cost a fortune, even back then...

You were and are now a lucky guy... those NIB's you have are great..

ENJOY>>>>

Great pics and boy did you have some nice stuff, and a heck of a lot of it too!!!!!! How did you afford all that lot as a kid???? It used to take me 6 months just to save enough for a Dynatech motor!

I worked every summer holidays just to round up some cash to spend on parts/kits. I used to really look after them too, washing tyres in the sink and stripping them down to clean and lube virtually every time i ran them!

very understanding parents i think. lol Nice stuff you had there mate.

What an amazing collection! What kits did you not have? You were one lucky kid.Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that room has more stuff in it that most collectors do in there showroom - you had quite the childhood <_<

I did buy a few of them second hand cheap and used to keep every box etc . The Astute i used to race was bought of the same mate who abused the scorcher i restored. The Astute needed a total rebuild even in about 1990, it was trashed. Its got a reedy 14t motor with a nosram tomahawk speed controller which was **** and is still got a set of hi caps fitted. I also modified all of the suspension for madcap parts , mainly to rid off the Astutes weak toe adjustable rear. It worked too, together with using schumacher tyres , it went and handled well and used to get in A finals (but never win!).

I did buy a few of them second hand cheap and used to keep every box etc . The Astute i used to race was bought of the same mate who abused the scorcher i restored. The Astute needed a total rebuild even in about 1990, it was trashed. Its got a reedy 14t motor with a nosram tomahawk speed controller which was **** and is still got a set of hi caps fitted. I also modified all of the suspension for madcap parts , mainly to rid off the Astutes weak toe adjustable rear. It worked too, together with using schumacher tyres , it went and handled well and used to get in A finals (but never win!).

a very great Rc life history..........<_<

I dug the HiLux Monster racer from the loft last weekend and its still mint! I need a bigger house.

[url="http://LJCJan2012018.jpg

You can just see the scorcher i rebuilt in the corner. I remember taking it out for its maiden blast after its full resto an losing one of the headlamp glasses , i was gutted and remember these were the days before the internet , so part finding was alot harder even in 1987. I think a mate came up trumps when he found a second hand headlamp glass. After that i ran the car ( not often as it had the tendancy to light its speed controller up) with an old tatty body to save the mint new one.

[url="http://LJCJan2012015.jpg

You had one heck of a summer job, and some very generous parents - great memories and the fact you've still got some of them is fantatsic. Plenty of people would take years to colelct that lot these days, even with the itnernet !

You had one heck of a summer job, and some very generous parents - great memories and the fact you've still got some of them is fantatsic. Plenty of people would take years to colelct that lot these days, even with the itnernet !

You are right , i did have generous parents but i was made to work for them too. Obcourse Christmas was always a gooood time though! I found the recipt for the Avante for £80 from Otley Modelsport. I remember giving them a ring when i saw the advert in a Radio Control Car magazine and asking the bloke why they were selling them so cheap! He said that they were having a stock clearence! Thats true.

You are right , i did have generous parents but i was made to work for them too. Obcourse Christmas was always a gooood time though! I found the recipt for the Avante for £80 from Otley Modelsport. I remember giving them a ring when i saw the advert in a Radio Control Car magazine and asking the bloke why they were selling them so cheap! He said that they were having a stock clearence! Thats true.

They'd have one heck of a stock clearance now if they sold them for £80 - first caller would buy the lot <_<