Sign in to follow this  
crazychimpjimbo

Fighter RX

Hi All

First post so a big hello!!!

I have take on a fighter RX build, the one I brought needs some work, come cheap enough so thought why not! Im looking to try some different and at the moment I want to fit a Pumpkin shell to it but off course thats not made for the chassis, has anyone tried this or similar?

have done pretty much everything to my fighter buggy. lol

Ran 3980kb bl and 3s for a while and it coped just fine. Good strong buggy. What is urs gunna be powered by?

The Pumpkin body might be a touch short for the DT01 chassis. Body is ~205mm wheelbase and the chassis is ~255mm wheelbase.

There's Lexan truck bodies, like the F150 truck or Stadium Blitzer, that will fit nicely onto the wheelbase of the DT01. You'll need to make up some custom body mounts to fit a truck body.

The available gear ratios are suitable to use upto 4600Kv brushless when using the buggy sized wheels. Lower Kv brushless when using the larger sized truck wheels (like Stadium Blitzer wheels).

I have take on a fighter RX build, the one I brought needs some work, come cheap enough so thought why not! Im looking to try some different and at the moment I want to fit a Pumpkin shell to it but off course thats not made for the chassis, has anyone tried this or similar?

Welcome to Tamiyaclub!

The Mad Fighter and Mad Bull shells will fit perfectly as they were made for the same chassis, however you may need their related body mount posts as well.