Sign in to follow this  
Mad Ax

HPI Super Star Monster Truck Wheels help

Hi all,

I'm looking for a part number for a discontinued HPI wheel set. I have a set of Super Star rear wheels in black, I believe the part number 2140. I've had them for yonks and they've been in my parts bin for ages.

I'm starting a new project and want to get the front wheels to match - but it looks like they're discontinued. Websearching reveals the part numbers for the front wheels in white and chrome, but not in black.

If anyone has the part number, or even a set of Super Star Monster Truck front wheels in black that you wouldn't mind trading, I'd be really glad to hear from you!

Thanks in advance all :)

US ebay item number 380392409665

Wheelspin Models normally have a good stock of black HPI 'truck' wheels.

Be careful with fitments, i got a set of Rush front wheels (5 spoke, gunmetal) with rib tyres with the intention of fitting to a Blitzer Beetle ...

hpi-3043-type-f5-truck-wheel-front-gun-metal--8665-p.jpg

..only to find the axle diameters/bearings are not standard 1150 bearings - no doubt imperial but not had time to find a simple solution yet.

Be careful with fitments, i got a set of Rush front wheels (5 spoke, gunmetal) with rib tyres with the intention of fitting to a Blitzer Beetle ...

hpi-3043-type-f5-truck-wheel-front-gun-metal--8665-p.jpg

..only to find the axle diameters/bearings are not standard 1150 bearings - no doubt imperial but not had time to find a simple solution yet.

You might want to have a look at HPI part #6115, they are a set of bearing adaptors for the Monster SS front wheels, but form memory work with several truck sized fronts.

Them's the chickens! Cheers Paul, that's exactly what I was after ;)

They are discontinued according to HPIEurope website and I can't find them in any UK stockist (although I once bought a full set, I'm sure I had them on my King Blackfoot). In fact the HPIEurope site denies all knowledge of the black ones and says they were only ever available in white or chrome.

I'll check with Tower if their stock list is accurate and see if there's anything else I need while I'm placing an overseas order :huh:

Percy - most HPI wheels come with an adaptor set that converts them to fit a variety of different bearings. If your wheels didn't come with them then HPI always used to sell an adaptor set seperately, although I don't know if they still do. I have various parts of the adaptor set still in my parts bin somewhere. If you measure what diameter of the bearing recess in your wheel and PM it to me I'll see if I can find the adaptor set and check if I have anything to convert from your wheel size to standard bearing size.

Thanks again for all your help peeps ;)