Sign in to follow this  
charlie787b

Tamiya 787b longer front axle?

Hello again Folk's,

I'm coming to the end of my 787b project and i dont like the way the front wheel's sit in board of the body. <_<

If i put a metal bearing on to the shaft before the wheel goes on then that space's it out nicely looks far far better.

The shaft is 17mm long and the bearing is 4mm wide so a shaft of 21mm should be perfect,it's only a shelf queen and shouldnt matter that i cant do the wheel nut up tight but......well you know :unsure:

So does any body know of a shaft that fit's the chassis and is long enough?

Perhaps i should mention i cheated and bought a merc group c chassis?there the same axle's though arnt they?

Anyway,Picy......

Picture016.jpg

You have to wait to see the whole thing :)

Thank's

Lunch box steering knuckles will fit, and have a longer axle.

Good shout,I had a lunchbox when i was a lad,it was ace, in fact my mate has one now,i wonder if he would take it to bits for me <_<

Good shout,I had a lunchbox when i was a lad,it was ace, in fact my mate has one now,i wonder if he would take it to bits for me <_<

Got some lunchbox knuckles some where, can dig them out if you like.

I make it 26 mm from knuckle body to end of shaft.

That was quick thank you! I think 26mm is too long,if i space the inside of the wheel that extra 5mm then the wheel will stick outside of the shell...not good,and if i space the nut side an extra 5mm then that would look odd too i think.

A trip to local model shop might be in order to see what we can match up <_<

Thank's for your help though. :unsure:

If you have no luck, I may have a pair of fighter buggy knuckles in the garage some where.

If its for a shelf queen, you could knock the shaft out of the lunchbox knuckle and either trim it down, make your own or elongate the hole and have the shaft protruding inside slightly.

If you want the LB + FB(if I find them) knuckles PM me your address and you can have them.

If you have no luck, I may have a pair of fighter buggy knuckles in the garage some where.

If its for a shelf queen, you could knock the shaft out of the lunchbox knuckle and either trim it down, make your own or elongate the hole and have the shaft protruding inside slightly.

If you want the LB + FB(if I find them) knuckles PM me your address and you can have them.

Great Idea and a very kind offer ;) , I will have a think over to see what i'm going to do. ;)