commiedoor

kit # 58004 ....the XR311

So how is this kit to build? Really simple and quick like a Grasshopper?

The use of metal parts intrigues me, but I'm not convinced it's the car for me. Never been a fan of military RC.

But the uniqueness of the chassis design makes me want one.

do what i did ! splash out and buy one and find out ! :D . i have started a collection of millitery vehicals , the FAV , a modified wild willy , a humvee , a custom buildt WW1 half track truck and now the xr311 . its just a different direction to go i spose ..

ok , its been finished for a while but i have been too slack to fit the 6 decals ..lol all done now ! and just for size comparison with the tamiya humvee

008.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

012.jpg

I have an original release XR-311 that has barely been used. It was assembled back in 1982, painted in camo. I ran it a few times. I've been thinking about selling it but have no idea what it's worth these days after the re releases.

I'm fortunate enough to have an XR-311 full size version here where I live. Neat little vehicle. Joint Base Lewis Mchord Museum. I've honestly thought about replicating that specimen or doing an FAV from the 9th Infantry Division ca. 1989.

Here are a few shots of my XR-311. It's a pretty difficult kit actually. The body is not like normal R/C car bodies, it's actually a detailed scale model that has many parts that need to glued together. This one was all built in 1982 and is mostly holding togther. A few pieces need to be reglued. I didn't put the body on all the way here because you have to pretty careful with it. Also, the torsion bars have no tension on them, to keep them from fatiguing over time.

xr311-1.jpg

xr311-2.jpg

xr311-back.jpg