tamiya monkey

Stadium blitzer wheel and tyre suggestions

Hi all my daughter got her first rc this christmas, a re-re staduim blitzer, its had its first run today, but the tyres have taken a battering im not sure how long they will last, so im looking for some alternate wheels and tyres that we can swap over when on hard surfaces.

Stock wheels with Proline Dirt Hawgs. Wear like iron and have good traction on pavement and dirt. NOT race quality and don't have that much grip on tracks, but for general bashing they can't be beat. Look good on this model too. There is a TC member who did one up recently in boxart colors with Prolines on all four corners and it is a knockout. Check recent showroom entries. :(

As you discovered the stock rear tyres don't last very long - 5 minutes of 'drifting' in my garage ont he concrete floor saw a brand new set down to half way, if not more !

A few suggestions on wheels:

- Tamiya 50452 is a pair of original Stadium Blitzer rear wheels -- these are still available at Tower and Tamiya USA.

- Tamiya 50451 is a pair of original Stadium Blitzer front wheels -- these seem to be discontinued.

- Tamiya 19335110 is a set with one front and one rear Stadium Blitzer wheel -- you need two sets to get a complete set of four for the vehicle.

- HPI 2100, 2105, and 2125 is a pair of white/black/chrome 5-spoke front truck wheels.

- HPI 2135, 2140, and 2160 is a pair of white/black/chrome 5-spoke rear truck wheels.

All of the wheels listed above are 2.2" (56mm) diameter. The Tamiya wheels are different widths depending on whether they are front (43 mm) or rear (50 mm). The HPI wheels are the same width regardless of whether they are front or rear (50 mm). Also, I know from experience that the Blitzer rear wheels are the same offset as the HPI rear wheels.

If you decide to go with HPI wheels, then it's pretty easy to shop for a set of 4 truck tires -- they'll all match. But if you go with the Blitzer wheels, then you'll be looking for a truck tire for the rear and a rear buggy tire for the front to fit the wheels properly.

Generally Pro-Line is a good place to get truck tires; they have a selection and they come with foam inserts:

- Pro-Line 1060-00 Road Hawg II (street use)

- Pro-Line 1062-00 Road Rage II (street use)

- Pro-Line 1070-00 Dirt Hawg II (all terrain)

- Pro-Line 1072-00 Dirt Works (all terrain)

- Pro-Line 1080-00 Speed Hawg II (street use)

Pro-Line also has Caliber, Holeshot, and Suburbs truck tires, but they come in relatively soft compounds and probably won't wear as well as the other truck tires. The only reason why I mention these three truck tires is that they have equivalents for buggies, so you can get these tires in 50 mm widths for trucks and ~43 mm widths for buggies (or front Blitzer wheels).

The suggestion to go with Dirt Hawgs is a good one for general street/dirt use. I've also used Dirt Works and have been happy with them as well. If you're going to be playing mostly on pavement, though, consider some Speed Hawgs or Road Rages for better grip and less tire squirm. I've used the Speed Hawgs and they do a nice job on asphalt.

-Paul

• Like 2

Sorry to open up an old thread. 

Which dirt hawg tires front and rear fit the stadium thunder. 

On 08/01/2012 at 11:52 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

- Tamiya 50452 is a pair of original Stadium Blitzer rear wheels -- these are still available at Tower and Tamiya USA.

- Tamiya 50451 is a pair of original Stadium Blitzer front wheels -- these seem to be discontinued.

- Tamiya 19335110 is a set with one front and one rear Stadium Blitzer wheel -- you need two sets to get a complete set of four for the vehicle.

- HPI 2100, 2105, and 2125 is a pair of white/black/chrome 5-spoke front truck wheels.

- HPI 2135, 2140, and 2160 is a pair of white/black/chrome 5-spoke rear truck wheels.

All of the wheels listed above are 2.2" (56mm) diameter. The Tamiya wheels are different widths depending on whether they are front (43 mm) or rear (50 mm). The HPI wheels are the same width regardless of whether they are front or rear (50 mm). Also, I know from experience that the Blitzer rear wheels are the same offset as the HPI rear wheels.

If you decide to go with HPI wheels, then it's pretty easy to shop for a set of 4 truck tires -- they'll all match. But if you go with the Blitzer wheels, then you'll be looking for a truck tire for the rear and a rear buggy tire for the front to fit the wheels properly.

Generally Pro-Line is a good place to get truck tires; they have a selection and they come with foam inserts:

Pro-Line also has Caliber, Holeshot, and Suburbs truck tires, but they come in relatively soft compounds and probably won't wear as well as the other truck tires. The only reason why I mention these three truck tires is that they have equivalents for buggies, so you can get these tires in 50 mm widths for trucks and ~43 mm widths for buggies (or front Blitzer wheels).

The suggestion to go with Dirt Hawgs is a good one for general street/dirt use. I've also used Dirt Works and have been happy with them as well. If you're going to be playing mostly on pavement, though, consider some Speed Hawgs or Road Rages for better grip and less tire squirm. I've used the Speed Hawgs and they do a nice job on asphalt.

-Paul

Sorry to open up an old thread. 

Which dirt hawg tires front and rear fit the stadium thunder. 

Just got me a set of Dirt Hawk I buggy find them a tat to small (44mm) for the rear wheels.

On 1/8/2012 at 6:52 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

-Paul

Will the Dirt Hawg fit both front and rear Tamiya Blitzer wheels?  7mm is not exactly a small difference.