Sign in to follow this  
kaiser

ABC genetic

i recently started racing my m03 mini cooper at the local hooby shops indoor carpet track, it's been a ton of fun.

they also have a 4wd mini class that up until now was only traxxas 1/16 rally cars. there are a few other brands that fit in with these, hpi cup racers and ABC genetics are two of them.

first i tried the cup racer, which in my opinion is over engineered (a fun build though) and very fragile. i race the cup racer for 2 weeks and then got tired of it constantly breaking.

my next choice was the ABC genetic, it's the first "roller" i've ever owned. i preffer kits, but i must say the build quality is excellent. i outfitted the car with a hobbywing 60am xerun sensored esc and my very old novak 17.5 ss motor and a turnigy 4000mah 30c lipo.

out of the box the car is almost perfect. i'm running laps over a second faster then the traxxas cars (that in some cases have alot more power then i do).

it's a pure joy to drive.

i opted for the austin mini pickup version:

MiniPickup1.jpg

Geneticleft.jpg

if you are interested in 4wd mini racing this car is an excellent option, it was cheap too $140 us dollars shipped.

not that anyone reads these "other makes" forums, but i like the car so much i figured i'd give a little update.

my ABC genetic is holding it's own very well against the "indestructable" traxass rally cars, so well infact that it's managed to break a couple of those cars. lol

so far one part broke, the diff screw. turns out they know it's an issue because they have a hardened upgrade available. other then that the car has taken and given beatings.

it's very easy to drive, almost too easy. the box stock setup has been spot on at our small carpet track. i have a set of yeah racing 26 shore/deg foam tirs on it, same ones i run on my m03.