Clodbuster 3, and it will be on the Wild Dagger chassis (Bush Devil body kit, of course. The Clod Chevy would match the wheelbase of the chassis, and you can't have that) with twin RS380's in the TRF Shark Jumper edition.

All 1st run export models will come with three bonus 850 bearings.

King Clodbuster?

They could use the clod chassi & tires and put on a new van body to create a 1/10 Lunchbox :D with chromed shocks and gold wheels

I reckon it be called the collosal clod buster lol

nah I wish they would do another chassis similar to jugg but with a more different body like grave digger hehe!

Super Duper Clodbuster ?

Could easily just be another metallic version with red wheels and body - let's hope not ! Brushless is where is needs to be but with the abortion that is the Vajra i doubt they'd want another 'truck' model on brushless at that price level. These days i think most kids want speed and the Traxxas, HPI and others do it so much beter for that audience.

I really can't buy that they only had one mold. That would mean one machine making one tyre at a time, and any down time for that machine would bring production to a stand still. No mass production company would put all it's eggs in one basket like that.

I reckon it be called the collosal clod buster lol

nah I wish they would do another chassis similar to jugg but with a more different body like grave digger hehe!

Short wheelbase TXT-1 (same wheelbase as the Jugg2) with a clod or tundra shell that you can put a full working light kit in (Like the F350), and room for the F350 MFU Sound equipment.

Would have to be the TXT-2 :lol:

Short wheelbase TXT-1 (same wheelbase as the Jugg2) with a clod or tundra shell that you can put a full working light kit in (Like the F350), and room for the F350 MFU Sound equipment.

Would have to be the TXT-2 :lol:

That sounds suspiciously like a Jugg2 with holes cut in the chassis plates :lol:

I must add to your list, the Jugg tires. Those spherical, beach-bally things are a big part of why I decided I needed a Jugg in the first place.

I always prefered the Jugg because it looked more like real monster truck, but guess was not the best handling or durability! The whole motor on axle debate to as well is tricky.

I must dust off my Jugg 1 from garage and make sure tyres etc are ok as its been standing a long time.

That sounds suspiciously like a Jugg2 with holes cut in the chassis plates :lol:

I must add to your list, the Jugg tires. Those spherical, beach-bally things are a big part of why I decided I needed a Jugg in the first place.

I'd want the 4 link suspension of the TXT, as well as the axle guard for the front I can mount a massive steering servo on, instead of the little one up the side of the gearbox. Also the TXT can easily fit a 7 cell battery pack.

The jugg leaf springs look good, but the suspension is too hard and all the mounting hardware adds up to a lot of weight and complexity. The TXT system is a lot simpler, but I would ditch the cantilevers and go for a nice 8 shocks direct mount system. I used to think the Jugg tyres looked a lot better and would give better grip, but then I did this:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...011231430_2.jpg

and like it a lot more... :lol:

I'd want the 4 link suspension of the TXT, as well as the axle guard for the front I can mount a massive steering servo on, instead of the little one up the side of the gearbox. Also the TXT can easily fit a 7 cell battery pack.

The jugg leaf springs look good, but the suspension is too hard and all the mounting hardware adds up to a lot of weight and complexity. The TXT system is a lot simpler, but I would ditch the cantilevers and go for a nice 8 shocks direct mount system. I used to think the Jugg tyres looked a lot better and would give better grip, but then I did this:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...011231430_2.jpg

and like it a lot more... :)

That looks pretty sweet in Yellow. I went for a more standard box art look.

I rather like the overly complex leaf springy goodness of the Jugg as opposed to the direct mount system, but I'm fully aware that that's based on looks rather than functionality (like my love for the tires).

That looks pretty sweet in Yellow. I went for a more standard box art look.

I rather like the overly complex leaf springy goodness of the Jugg as opposed to the direct mount system, but I'm fully aware that that's based on looks rather than functionality (like my love for the tires).

That's what originally made me want one too ! (The tyres, and the scale look suspension). The tyres have ended up on my TXT-1, hence the TXT tyres on the Jugg. Did you notice the F350 Hi-Lift shocks fitted on it. I think they look much better than the standard pogo sticks, and the bag they come in also has all the mounting hardware you need to fit them. (You just need 2 bags worth). They're much cheaper than the official oil shocks, and look more realistic without the external coil springs.

I'd still like to see a short wheelbase TXT (Minus the chassis bumpers) with a detailed hard body fitted on it, and a MFU would be the icing on the cake. Perhaps even a smaller transfer case in the centre of the chassis, and a heavy duty 3 speed gearbox suitable for a chunky brushless system. fitted up front under the bonnet :D

Looks like it'll be called Super Clod Buster

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58518

The Super Clod Buster is back! This monster truck features a body that was inspired by classic pick-up trucks from the 1980's, giving it a realistic appearance. The front grille, air intake and roll bar are recreated with metal-plated parts. The truck also features a twin-motor dual gearbox 4WD drivetrain, 8 coil spring dampers and massive 165mm diameter tires, as well as a 4-wheel drive steering system to help the model navigate tight corners.

Specs and Features

• 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
  • The Super Clod Buster body has been reproduced in injection-molded plastic.
  • Highly-durable bathtub type monocoque chassis frame.
  • Front/rear trailing arm suspension with 8 coil spring dampers.
  • Front/rear sealed gearboxes are equipped with differential gears.
  • Kit includes TEU-103BK ESC. (Original kit included a mechanical speed controller)
  • Two 540 motors included.
  • Sticker sheet included.

Await the pictures, but on papaer this doesn't sound any different tot he last one ?

Perhaps they just suspended manufacture until they resolved the supposed tyre issue

The last version was the metallic special; I'm hoping this release is less expensive and more within reach... If it turns out to be identical to 58321 for $300-$350 MSRP ($200-$230 Tower), then I'll probably pick one up and do some sort of mod Clod project with it...

-Paul

So basically they pulled it from the shelves, added the twin motor esc and stuck it back up? :)

Actually, the metallic special also had a dual motor ESC. The way I see it, 58518 = 58423 minus the metallic bling = 58321 swapping the resistor speed control for a dual motor ESC.

-Paul

Yeah that's exactly what has happened by the looks, I remember somebody (possibly Joe?) saying the Clod was the last tamiya with a mechanical speed control

and that it was a safety hazard or something, so it made sense.

I was under the impression the F parts would change colour again at least! :)

It's great that Clod parts are going to be back in stock, I dont usually break clod stuff (apart from the dreaded B2)

but clod bits were starting to go up in price!

I cant believe they actually discontinued it for a short while, the should have just phased in the esc model, the Clod was tamiya's longest running kit! :)