GTodd

Hows the Avante holding up?

hey RS2RSR

The gold spring adjusters on your HL shocks, are they standard or aftermarket?

thanks

**Edit

ahh you're the guy who suggested the durango bits would fit my trf buggy shocks, i asked overdose about their spring adjusters, they said that they didnt fit buggy shocks, only the touring car trf shocks, i have to assume they know what theyre talking about

hey RS2RSR

The gold spring adjusters on your HL shocks, are they standard or aftermarket?

thanks

**Edit

ahh you're the guy who suggested the durango bits would fit my trf buggy shocks, i asked overdose about their spring adjusters, they said that they didnt fit buggy shocks, only the touring car trf shocks, i have to assume they know what theyre talking about

Hi !

Yes I`m using the Durango adjusters on my HL shocks.

I just tried the original HL adjusters on some TRF shocks that came with the TA04R chassis and they fit, no problem.

So I think you can use the Overdose adjusters on the HL shocks

Hi !

Yes I`m using the Durango adjusters on my HL shocks.

I just tried the original HL adjusters on some TRF shocks that came with the TA04R chassis and they fit, no problem.

So I think you can use the Overdose adjusters on the HL shocks

Thanks so much for going to the effort, thats good news that the HL adusters fit on the TRF on road shocks, i'll get the overdose stuff

I love my Avante 2011. I just purchased a new 35c lipo. The geartrain is holding up great with the Transpeed 8.5T.

cool. Post some pics of that electronics setup!

Here it is: Tamiya Transpeed 8.5t motor, Hobbywing Xerun 2.1 60A sensored esc, BlueBird digital buggy servo, 35C 7.4V 5200mah lipo

post-19358-1335423616_thumb.jpg

Ill be able to chime in soon, I jusy finished building my Avante Black, Im using a the Novak 8.5 from my Evo. Once I get some Black pain the weekend and a receiver Ill be able to tun it and report back.

Any updates? Has anyone done double or triple jumps with the Avante? Has anyone run their Avante in their local non-vintage races?

I found a YouTube on the Vajra driven pretty hard. I think the Avante chassis looks durable. It also has good ground clearance.

The Vajra does have those larger tires, however; with 2.2" wheels the ground clearance is less impressive.

My Avante is run almost regularly, driving hard on all occasions. I can say that the re-release chassis is fairly durable, as is the bodywork, though the rear wing will take some serious damage in a flip. On heavy frontal impacts the metal ball ends at the very front can strip and the ones on the lower arms behind them can break. That was one full-speed impact, though it was fitted with a GT-Tuned 25T and a TEU-104BK. With a brushless system, I imagine a frontal impact would have more severe consequences.

I do have yet to get onto a track, though there is a club not too far from where I am right now. If I ever get a chance to make it there, I can report on its performance.

Cool vid. The thing that always gives away an Avante series chassis is how the front tires bobble every which way over rough surfaces. My Vanquish with ball-race steering & a high-torque servo saver still does the exact same thing. Hilarious.

Found interesting YouTube on the Avante 2011 posted by a DoctorMosfet. Wonder if he is a member here.

It is great to see the Avante clearing double jumps

He also posted YouTubes on the pre & post running mods.

Can't wait to see if his updates improves the performance.

I think the Avante is unstable in that track due to his stiff shocks & short wheelbase.

I believe Egress has addressed these deficiencies.

Incidentally he also has YouTube postings on his Egress.

Great to see that video, as I could be taking my Avante out for some track work soon. While it still looks a bit tricky to keep the car stable after jumps and the car itself is not stock, at least the chassis can handle it.

I have an 88 vintage Avante that I use as a runner. Things I've had problems with is the 3rd diff which has gotten loose a few times, and the rear arms snapping (this has not happened since I replaced them with re-re ones, so I'll blame it on the 25 year old plastic). The screws holding the rear arms to the hubs also have gotten loose and I've lost 2 of them, though I'm not sure if the re-re uses them. It has a 16 turn Trinity vintage brushed motor and runs well. The suspension just cannot compare to my Kyosho Lazer ZX5, so I dont plan on racing with it. I replaced the front uprights with vintage reinforced ones as the stock ones would break very often, I know the re-re has them in alloy and seems like nobody has complained about them yet. Still not my favorite car, but a marvel to look at!

Necro post number #2! So I'm back in the Avante chassis game with an Egress. I sold off the Avante Black a few years ago. I have access to two amazing tracks, and I plan on running the Egress on them. So over the years since the Avante and Egress were re-released has any one part become a new known failure? What spares should I purchase to support a few years worth of running? One track is an indoor clay track and the other is like the outdoor track in the video posted above.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, GTodd said:

Necro post number #2! So I'm back in the Avante chassis game with an Egress. I sold off the Avante Black a few years ago. I have access to two amazing tracks, and I plan on running the Egress on them. So over the years since the Avante and Egress were re-released has any one part become a new known failure? What spares should I purchase to support a few years worth of running? One track is an indoor clay track and the other is like the outdoor track in the video posted above.

I haven't driven my Avante yet but I have thrashed my Egress 2013 out on the track. So far that things that have broke are the wing mount (the u-shaped wire) and the front carbon damper stay. I have the Yeah Racing alloy knuckles on it