Sayer

A CC01 Question

With the advent of the CC01's popularity in scale circles, why have none of the manufacturers (Junfac etc.) started making bolt-on brush guards or push bars? They make them for the Hi-lift, and that chassis already comes with one in the box (sorta).

Did you try asking Junfac :lol:

The brush guards for the Hi-Lift bolt onto rails already there, which run parallel to the brush guard brackets, so the brackets can be made (simply and cheaply) out of flat alu

As far as I can remember, the CC01 front end doesn't have flat mounting surfaces parallel to the brackets, so it'd be a more complex part to make in alu.

I reckon

Did you try asking Junfac :lol:

The brush guards for the Hi-Lift bolt onto rails already there, which run parallel to the brush guard brackets, so the brackets can be made (simply and cheaply) out of flat alu

As far as I can remember, the CC01 front end doesn't have flat mounting surfaces parallel to the brackets, so it'd be a more complex part to make in alu.

I reckon

LOL well I didn't want to be that customer.

Actually, the "brick" makes for a pretty good mounting surface (assuming they wouldn't just use the stock bumper mounts like they did for their front skid plate) I've actually flimsily (because I'm a novice) mounted a Hi-lift pushbar to the front of a CC01 Pajero. The vertical plates are too close together in the stock configuration, so I had to add bolts on either side of the crossbars on the inside of the plates as spacers. Definately doable if you've got machining tools and unlike me "know what you're doing"

Get some pics up then!

I can soon draw you up a bracket for you in CAD and you can get 'em made and sell them

Get some pics up then!

I can soon draw you up a bracket for you in CAD and you can get 'em made and sell them

I'll get some pics up tonight (but it's really quite bad)

Someone else did something similar on TC already for a MU

Right Here

Hmm it looks well made but it seriously cuts down the angle of attack at the front doesn't it.

Hmm it looks well made but it seriously cuts down the angle of attack at the front doesn't it.

I think that would depend on how you mount it. My inspiration (before I found that TC showroom) was this pic:

Hf99198.jpg

As you can see, it's got a body lift and the angle of attack is no worse than just the "brick"

That looks pretty sweet

What about the shells themselves - if they're all different lengths in the front that might be why no-one's made a 'universal' one yet

Having said that, the Paj and Wrangler are probably the two most likely shells to fit a bull bar to, although there's a lot of Land Rovers about too

That looks pretty sweet

What about the shells themselves - if they're all different lengths in the front that might be why no-one's made a 'universal' one yet

Having said that, the Paj and Wrangler are probably the two most likely shells to fit a bull bar to, although there's a lot of Land Rovers about too

I've only got a Pajero and a MU and those are pretty comparable front-end wise (though the Pajero sits a bit higher) The Land Rover pics I've seen lead me to believe their bodyshells sit further back on the chassis than the hardbodies.

Edit: Took your advice and asked Junfac. We'll see what they say.

We've got some stock looking bumpers being made at the moment, along the lines of a Land Rover Defender type. Leave it with me and I'll get something proto'd :rolleyes:

We've got some stock looking bumpers being made at the moment, along the lines of a Land Rover Defender type. Leave it with me and I'll get something proto'd :rolleyes:

I'm buying 2 if you do :) (well as long as they're not a million dollars each... then I'll only buy one)