Wandy

How much is your collection worth?

Naaaaa!! There are many others on here where it really is worth to give them a short visit. :) But certainly not me.

yeaa,, hahahah.......

at the end i will choose the richest collector and do the visit too :)

hey guys reading this is a little worrying as i have just spent a lot of money on a collection of old tamiya some older that others. some are

HOTSHOT

F-150 RANGER

GROUP B CELICA

HOTSHOT II

BOOMERANG

BEARHAWK

STADIUM BLITZER

SUPERCHAMP

SAND SCORCHER

WILD WILLY M38

CASTROL CELICA

CHEVY S10-

FORD F-150

TA01 ROAD CAR

SUBARU BRAT

BLITZER BEETLE

i didn't buy them make money i bought them cause i had a lot of them about 20 years ago, and they will all look really cool sitting in a cabinet togehter i did think that it would be an investment and if i sold them in 10-20 years i might get my money back but seems you guys are saying other wise.

Having over 100 Tamiya models (58001 - 58050 new builds and some 50+ scathered amongst the next 100), I still find myself buying the new re-releases.

- I got myself the re-released Renault 5, FAV, TomsTom 84C, will get the Briuser (if/when it comes out).

- I am sure the value of my collection has decreased over the years, but then I don't care as it's a hobby and it will give me plently of enjoyment in my retired years.

I recently gave my wife a 2nd daughter (something she has always wanted to give our first daughter). This keeps me out of trouble of what I spend on my hobby.

Whenever she complains about me spending money, I remind her of today's costs of raising a child. It seems to do the trick, and she goes quiet.

Besides, I can sell all my collection at some stage in the future, and get some money back - you can't do that to your daughter.

So there you go chaps, with a few moments in bed, you can solve your on-going issues (if she wants more children). It's worked for me !!!

I'd be scared to add it up honestly... or worse, my wife could find out. I used to keep an excel spreadsheet which listed everything until she found it and there was over $30k spent then.

What I've spent would be a scary figure when you start adding in models like the Baja 5B SS, Limited Edition Savage 3 speed, or F350 High-Lift with MFC, not to mention what I've spent in hopup parts and modifications for each model (~AU$1,600 on my Blazing Star to build it). I know I can add up easily more than $3000 just in Castle brushless systems alone. $200 in each model for a R603FS receiver and a S9351 digital servo.

What they are worth now as resale though would be considerably less than what I spent as all my models are well used. I didn't buy them to make a profit on or to sell them. All bought to drive the wheels off them, build them up again and drive the wheels off them again!

Rather Not Say what I have exactly .

Around 20 Shelf Queens in Vintage. Than between 40 to 50 pristine runners ( All fitted with brushless combo's Good Digital servos, and 2.4 Rx and battery) 4 complete radios for them all. Most of my cars are moded to my taste.

About half is Tamiya's while i have Kyosho's, PB's , Losi's , Mauri, and Schumachers.

Than I have my racing Kyosho Mp 9 Nitro out fit ...

I am insured for $40,000 and really need to look into that more.

I Don't smoke or drink so iI should have a good collection as i have been doing r/c since I was 13.

I used to keep an excel spreadsheet which listed everything

I still do! Password protected! I'd rather not have a look at the total at the bottom of the spreadsheet all the same!

I just added new security measures around my property in light of this recent thread...

P.

I just added new security measures around my property in light of this recent thread...

P.

Built an 8ft wall out of NIB Tamiya boxes ringfencing your house? ;)

Bruiser boxes only...

Thing is, with you that is not as unbelievable as it sounds. :lol: