Sign in to follow this  
Krock1598

HORNET re-release to HOP UP

I'm looking for a YELLOW bumper for my Hornet Hop Up/MOD project . . . seen 2 on ebay as part of larger auctions . . . need a web site to buy one direct???

Here is the beginning pic . . . after running it one time - then break down & clean up - and I switched out the worn down spike tires for new paddle ones . . . let the fun begin (this all started after buying my 9-year old a Plasma Edge - I had to relive my first RC kit!)

post-38672-1327130643_thumb.jpg

Always loves the Hop-Up ....Keep hunting these treasures as one day you will come by and feels how they r sooo valuable than anything else :)

Part of my Hop Up is redoing the front suspension/stearing of the Hornet that has always been really bad . . . I bought CRP's FX-10 A-arm suspension kit and the hardware . . . it looks good so far, but . . . . QUESTION: is there any way to install this without cutting off the original arms/tower off the chassis? I have the Dremel ready, but thought maybe one of you would have another idea . . . .

Thanks!

CRP used to make an alloy mount kit, but it still required you to cut the shock towers off. the fx10 kit is better in many ways, it makes the front track wider and greatly reduces bump steer.

CRP used to make an alloy mount kit, but it still required you to cut the shock towers off. the fx10 kit is better in many ways, it makes the front track wider and greatly reduces bump steer.

do you have any pics of what the mount looked like after you cut/installed the CRP? I'm a little leery about where and how much to cut

CRP FX10 installed . . . steering is next - wheels turned out a little more angled out than I had planned . . . hope the steering lines up - I have a new system to install - not the standard ball/cup connector . . . pics to follow:)

The CRP FX10 upper links are too long for the Hornet. They will cause positive camber. You will need to make up your own upper links using ball screws, ball cups and threaded rod/turnbuckles.

Here's mine:

img20319_04032011150149_2.jpg

The CRP FX10 upper links are too long for the Hornet. They will cause positive camber. You will need to make up your own upper links using ball screws, ball cups and threaded rod/turnbuckles.

Here's mine:

img20319_04032011150149_2.jpg

Do you have any pics of the inside or under the body . . . my chassis just cracked . . . UGH! Too much dremeling . . .