Sign in to follow this  
sgt.barnes

F350/Hilux Diff Case Abuse

Hi Guys

I have just got my first modern 3 speed (f-350) and I love it. Its a fun to drive, but after a darn good running this week on and off road I noticed I had cracked the silver diff case cover on the front and chunks where missing from the edges of it. :D Oopps. I obviously have clonked it a few times whilst " lightly running it" over "small" obstacles ;) My Bruiser has a pressed steel scale guard on it and try as I might it protects the diff well. Does anyone know of an aftermarket diff protector or under body pan for the front of the new 3 speeders ? or a homemade mod that works ? I am not really interested in spending £25000,000,000 on upgrade front axles as the factory one works well and.. well it gets used not shelved so it would be a waste.

Cheers in advance

Mark

Mark dremel the outer case lip off the cover you dont get the chipping problems then was a 1st mod used on them yrs ago an looked better, no need for diff gaurds they just get in the way

like i did on this one you can spray them silver again or red to be diffrent

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp...008120522_6.jpg

Hi Caddyshack

Thanks for that. Looks like a plan. I like your shell. I defiantly need to lock the diffs as it suffers on obstacles. Is there a kit available or is it just another hot glue gun job ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Caddyshack

Thanks for that. Looks like a plan. I like your shell. I defiantly need to lock the diffs as it suffers on obstacles. Is there a kit available or is it just another hot glue gun job ?

Thanks

Mark

There should be pins in the F350 kit to lock the diffs without resorting to glue. Check out the manual, there's detail on it in there .....

#Great stuff will do

Thanks

cheers was one i built when they 1st came out, it now sits in rallybaz collection. yes as mad i says locking pins i think they only came with one in the kit well i know the hilux did, you remove the outer cover you have cracked an theres a hole behind id turn the diff an you will see where the locking pin goes ive only ever locked the rear's never both but ive seen them with both locked an go well. think about changing your tires to a more softer compound an better trail tread if running stock tyres there not the best may even go for 2.2 tyres bit more ground clearance..

happy trailing