Sign in to follow this  
Katan

RC4WD Trailfinder 2 kit

That looks very interesting. Is the body completely new or part theirs, part Tamiya?

That looks very interesting. Is the body completely new or part theirs, part Tamiya?

No Tamiya or any other manufacturers parts used, all RC4WD parts.

I like it, but why did they model the exact same truck as Tamiya? Why not do the next-generation Toyota truck (so I could do a model of my '88), or something else entirely?

Wow. That is definitely "scale" and looks rock solid.

Looks rock solid but is made by RC4WD so isn't rock solid. I can definitely vouch for the nylon punnisher shafts it uses exploding in about the first five minutes of use.

I think this is completely awesome.

RC4WD Mojave

$399.99 is a little steep, but I am getting one!

I love how they left the tailgail free of the embossed 'TOYOTA" badge just like the actual special edition Hilux Mojave they sold in the US.

I really like RC4WD scale parts and beadlock wheels. I have used them on a lot of my builds.

RC4WD Mojave

I love how they left the tailgail free of the embossed 'TOYOTA" badge just like the actual special edition Hilux Mojave they sold in the US.

I really like RC4WD scale parts and beadlock wheels. I have used them on a lot of my builds.

Fair do's that is very nice indeed.

2-3 hours building time though? I think they might be being rather optimistic there!

Fair do's that is very nice indeed.

2-3 hours building time though? I think they might be being rather optimistic there!

:) and 100 hours to paint and detail

RC4WD Mojave

this thread will get moved soon :) i did the same thing when i saw it and posted in this forum, the already exsisting thread is in the other makes forum :blink:

I like it, but why did they model the exact same truck as Tamiya? Why not do the next-generation Toyota truck (so I could do a model of my '88), or something else entirely?

i wouldnt say excact same truck, it has a different front end and possibly a dropped bed, not 100% on the drop bed though :) although i am with you the hilux with the squarer front arches would be great!

wow... this looks incredible at a very good price I think.

I don't own anything by RC4WD but I thought the general understanding is that they make high quality parts. Should I be concerned about the quality of this kit?

EDIT: Just performed a very disappointing search online about alleged RC4WD quality :)

I understand that if you look hard enough, you'll find anything you want to read online, but I can't abide poor quality parts. I'd like to hold and feel this kit before I buy it!

I don't own anything by RC4WD but I thought the general understanding is that they make high quality parts. Should I be concerned about the quality of this kit?

EDIT: Just performed a very disappointing search online about alleged RC4WD quality :o

I understand that if you look hard enough, you'll find anything you want to read online, but I can't abide poor quality parts. I'd like to hold and feel this kit before I buy it!

Yes, the legendary RC4WD quality issue. . . . . . . . . I have the RC4WD Boyer Truggy and am afraid to actually run it . . . . . . . . in fear that it will self destruct.

None the less , I will be getting one of these as a second chance for them to prove me wrong :D.

EDIT: Just performed a very disappointing search online about alleged RC4WD quality :D

Their stuff looks great so for a shelf queen its fine, running it though is a different matter. I've heard people say their kits are ok but anything they make which is RTR or semi built should be entirely stripped down and built from scratch again before running. They have lots of metal parts and don't thread lock anything so things shake apart very easily upon first use. What annoys me about them is they seem to have very bad R&D. They'll release something it'll break easily and then they'll announce a new and improved version of it. Why release the duff version in the first place?