TomEG

Bruiser could it really be IT?

Wowzers wonder how true this is, and how much like original it will be. I better start a saving fund its got to be £600+

Sure looks like IT!

Hope they switch out the white plastic parts! sorry to be picky,and I know I'll be in the minority here... but this is my least favorite 3 speed in stock box art form... but WTH... I will get one if this is true!

If it is the real deal, ie same metal chassis etc, box art & blisters then this is it...the pinnacle of the re-release era. It can't get any bigger than this. Of course there will be many, many other golden oldies to come back but none will have the shock and awe factor like this one. Assuming it is what we all hope of course. :)

Well if Tamiya follw the 2 model per chassi route then i guess that mean the mountaineer will be the other model - bad news if you were waiting for a Blazer :)

Well if Tamiya follw the 2 model per chassi route then i guess that mean the mountaineer will be the other model - bad news if you were waiting for a Blazer :)

Yeah if it's the original Bruiser then the Mounty is almost certain to get a re-re too.

The Hilux & Blazer are probably just too antiquated to bring back...a bit like the original Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover.

Ohhhh... Nooooo... I who want's the Hilux/Blazer chssie!!!

Badboy

Sucks to be a RC "investor" these days LOL.

A real collector/enthusiast shouldn't care about re-releases - just be happy because the investors start dumping their portfolios... :)

Ohhhh... Nooooo... I who want's the Hilux/Blazer chssie!!!

Badboy

Me too, Badboy! Of all of the Tamiya kits, I wanted a honest re-release of the original 4x4 HiLux 58028.

Ok, let the speculation begin! Just for some fun while we wait one week for the real thing!

I'll speculate:

1. It will be the original metal chassis with leaf springs, rails, cross members, and plastic bumpers like the original.

2. The gearbox will be the original metal one with 3 speeds, not the plastic one from the High-Lift. (I might be wrong about this, though)

3. The motor will be the RS-750SH like the original. (It will be an RS-540SH like the High-Lift, though, if I'm wrong about #2).

4. The shocks will be "updated" and "leak free" <snicker>. There will be no springs internally like the High-Lift series.

5. The leaf springs will be taken from the High-Lift series, not the flatter style like the originals from the Bruiser/Mountaineer. (Might be wrong about this due to ride height)

6. The front body will be the Toyota High-Lift with holes for lights, unlike the original body with molded side indicators, etc.

7. The rear body will have holes added for the side and rear indicators to match the front (like the High-Lift bed).

8. The 4000mAh battery holder will not come back, but will be like the Mountaineer (7.2V size) instead.

9. The axles will be like the original, with no diffs, but the pins on the ends won't be installed at the factory. Instead, they will slide in like most other axles, which means installing ball bearings is a heck of a lot easier.

10. The wheels and tires will be like the original.

11. The driveshafts will be the same as the High-Lift ones which are close to original, just using chrome universals rather than brass.

12. The radio box will be the same as original.

13. A TEU-104BK will be included (in the US, at least) (hmm.. for a RS-750? Maybe a slightly better ESC is needed. Another reason why I think it might be a 540 not a 750.)

14. The decals will be different from the original in some way. I can't imagine changing the iconic Hog Heaven logo, but it seems that Tamiya likes to change them.

Whew!! That's my list. So, what do you think will be the same and what will be different?

Have I got it all wrong and it's really based on a WR-01 chassis?!

as long as its not on a high lift chassis i would buy one to set beside my original. my guess is smoked glass no interior and hilux mirrors with springs lots of other minor changes if it ever happens. i see there are repo mirrors now guess everything is gettin re re now lol

Ok, let the speculation begin! Just for some fun while we wait one week for the real thing!

I'll speculate:

1. It will be the original metal chassis with leaf springs, rails, cross members, and plastic bumpers like the original.

2. The gearbox will be the original metal one with 3 speeds, not the plastic one from the High-Lift. (I might be wrong about this, though)

3. The motor will be the RS-750SH like the original. (It will be an RS-540SH like the High-Lift, though, if I'm wrong about #2).

4. The shocks will be "updated" and "leak free" <snicker>. There will be no springs internally like the High-Lift series.

5. The leaf springs will be taken from the High-Lift series, not the flatter style like the originals from the Bruiser/Mountaineer. (Might be wrong about this due to ride height)

6. The front body will be the Toyota High-Lift with holes for lights, unlike the original body with molded side indicators, etc.

7. The rear body will have holes added for the side and rear indicators to match the front (like the High-Lift bed).

8. The 4000mAh battery holder will not come back, but will be like the Mountaineer (7.2V size) instead.

9. The axles will be like the original, with no diffs, but the pins on the ends won't be installed at the factory. Instead, they will slide in like most other axles, which means installing ball bearings is a heck of a lot easier.

10. The wheels and tires will be like the original.

11. The driveshafts will be the same as the High-Lift ones which are close to original, just using chrome universals rather than brass.

12. The radio box will be the same as original.

13. A TEU-104BK will be included (in the US, at least) (hmm.. for a RS-750? Maybe a slightly better ESC is needed. Another reason why I think it might be a 540 not a 750.)

14. The decals will be different from the original in some way. I can't imagine changing the iconic Hog Heaven logo, but it seems that Tamiya likes to change them.

Whew!! That's my list. So, what do you think will be the same and what will be different?

Have I got it all wrong and it's really based on a WR-01 chassis?!

All sounds fairly plausible to me. Just a picky nore, the Hi-lift UJs are brass, just chrome plated to make em look like they're not brass.......

With any luck there may be some allowance for fitting a F350 MFU for a nice V8 sound..... :)

Well, if it's not the original-style "real truck" shaped frame, then forget it. That's what makes it different from anything that Axial or RC4WD makes; if you take the body off it looks like a truck with the body off. Either transmission is fine with me, but I sure hope they include ball bearings. What do these things take, about 50?

I really really hope it has an interior, and I don't care one way or the other about the decals - never liked 'em anyway. Mine will be Toyota Garnet Red Metallic with silver check-mark stripes on the side, like my actual Toyota truck (even though it's one bodystyle newer).

Me too, Badboy! Of all of the Tamiya kits, I wanted a honest re-release of the original 4x4 HiLux 58028.

I just want the chassie without axles and radiobox!

I need it for my scale crawler!

I'm trying to get rid of my Bruiser chassie (same as above)

Badboy

I`ve only been backk in this hobby 5 mins and they re-release the Bruiser :o:D

Now I only need them to annouce the 959 group B and the bigwig and I`ll own all the cars I used to dream about as a child/teen :D

If it wasent for the fact my wife will more than likely divorce me if I go ahead and buy all these I`d be REALLY excited :D

If it wasent for the fact my wife will more than likely divorce me if I go ahead and buy all these I`d be REALLY excited :D

Don't let that stop you :o

To go further on with speculation: What about the box?`

Will it be the same? A little different? Or totally different?

My guess would be that it is not the same,because of the name: Toyota Bruiser (instead of Toyota Pickup 4x4 Bruiser),maybe some additional printing such as "2012"...

But i don't guess it to be totally different(like the black-box style,or the "post-packageing style" like the actual NISSAN R91CP Rerelease) because it is still a 58...Number-kit,so no special limited ect..

My wish would be a slightly different box with the exact vintage moulding but a little additional print on it(just to give it a clear identification as a 2012-Kit)

What are you guys thinking about it?

I would hope that the Bruiser would command more respect within Tamiya and thus retain the original box art, with additional printing to set it apart from the classic models. I guess blister packaging is a foregone conclusion too, with all those metal parts.

Sucks to be a RC "investor" these days LOL.

A real collector/enthusiast shouldn't care about re-releases - just be happy because the investors start dumping their portfolios... :D

Well said mate.

Makes me laugh when they all panic and start selling their originals that they have been hoarding for years.

You are not true fans, go and "invest" elsewhere and leave vintage RC to those who truly enjoy it.

Hands up who's going to have the money to afford this though lol? Certainly not me. Its a shame Tamiya have waited so long to re-re these high end kits. Had they done it a few years ago I might have got one. I suspect it'll be in the region of about 600 quid though I guess cheaper via the Bay.

I'll settle for a Supershot.