TomEG

Bruiser could it really be IT?

WOW! :o:D :D

I love the Bruiser, it's my favourite 3-speed. If it's faithful to the original, I will be getting one for sure. I can't wait for pics of this one.

- James

No matter what kind of effort we are going to see next week let's all be grateful that, one way or another, it is finally happening so that we can stop harping on about the possibilities of it year after year. :D

If it comes back in all it's original glory then fantastic, we got the BIG one that we wanted. If it's just a tribute though we can either love it or loathe it but at long last move on and put to bed the idea of it ever coming back in metal because if they are not prepared to do it now then they surely never will.

Hands up who's going to have the money to afford this though lol? Certainly not me. Its a shame Tamiya have waited so long to re-re these high end kits. Had they done it a few years ago I might have got one. I suspect it'll be in the region of about 600 quid though I guess cheaper via the Bay.

I'll settle for a Supershot.

Well i've been saving for a 3 speeder, so i'm a happy chappy.. and £500-700 is where the used market is these days

whatever it is it will depress some of the vintage prices, even if its only some common parts only as there will just be more 3speeders available

if i comes on a plastic modern chassis, but it uses an original body, then i'll still pursue a vintage version knowing i can't always buy a new body

if its a true or slightly improved retake of the original then great news for all

I want a 3 speeder for the fact its a 3 speeder, i doubt it will be run (new or vintage), but knowing i have one is very satifying to me currently. I have the same feeling about the SRBs, although mine are mainly vintage due to the cost of buying a NIB re-re - i buy them for the design and the pride of ownership.

No matter what kind of effort we are going to see next week let's all be grateful that, one way or another, it is finally happening so that we can stop harping on about the possibilities of it year after year. :o

If it comes back in all it's original glory then fantastic, we got the BIG one that we wanted. If it's just a tribute though we can either love it or loathe it but at long last move on and put to bed the idea of it ever coming back in metal because if they are not prepared to do it now then they surely never will.

If its a tribute, we'll still be harping on about a future release thats truer to original - we live in hope :D

If its a tribute, we'll still be harping on about a future release thats truer to original - we live in hope :D

Indeed. I was wondering if he was new to the club :o

If its a tribute, we'll still be harping on about a future release thats truer to original - we live in hope :lol:

:)

I won't be one of them. For me if this is not the original coming back it's game over as far as that particular pursuit is concerned. Right now is the ideal time to bring it back; even if they were somehow to do it in a few years time they will have missed the boat.

DO you think they (Tamiya) will correct the width of the axles? Corrrect me if i'm wrong but doesn't the OG Bruiser, Mountaneer, blazer, etc, differ in axle widths between the front and rear?

Possibly the biggest re-re of them all about to arrive and all this thread can muster is a paltry 32 posts in 3 days. I guess everyone is all talked out with regards to this one. :)

Possibly the biggest re-re of them all about to arrive and all this thread can muster is a paltry 32 posts in 3 days. I guess everyone is all talked out with regards to this one. ;)

Too expensive for a lot of people, so no point in getting excited about it ....... :)

Possibly the biggest re-re of them all about to arrive and all this thread can muster is a paltry 32 posts in 3 days. I guess everyone is all talked out with regards to this one. :)

There are probably a lot of stunned folks still sitting in front of their computers with their jaws open and a glassy-eyed stare. Listen for the whoops of joy and the screams of despair when the initial disbelief wears off - you'll know who is happy and who isn't.

Too expensive for a lot of people, so no point in getting excited about it ....... :)

You think so? I have the feeling that many people are not convinced it's going to be the original and are waiting to find out before commenting properly.

I think it be good if we can have one combined thread for Bruiser on here seem to be about 3 running now. I for one did not think they would do it, but hope it is near original.

Thing is though I need to be really saving now!!!

Tamiya releasing the largest and inevitably the most expensive re-re yet at the darkest depths of total economic gloom and uncertainty probably isn't great timing. People will still buy it but perhaps not nearly as many as would have done had they brought it out in about 2007. Also the market to which the Bruiser is/was really popular, the scale truck market, now has a lot of similar-ish vehicles. Four or for or five years ago it would have sold better being in a less provided for market I think. There's a lot of really cool scale vehicles out or coming out soon all of which are battling for peoples hard earned money.

I'd have to say that was the Sand Scorcher RE-RE, as the biggest of them all. Most widely desired car ever!

Although a re-re 3 speed would be right up there for sure. depends how original.

I'd have to say that was the Sand Scorcher RE-RE, as the biggest of them all. Most widely desired car ever!

Although a re-re 3 speed would be right up there for sure. depends how original.

I'd love one but know that it will be beyond my price range so trying not to get excited about it :)

I'd love one but know that it will be beyond my price range so trying not to get excited about it :)

Sums it up for me. There's too many other great kits coming out soon I want like the Axial Exo and Supershot. I could probably get both for the price of a Bruiser.

Sums it up for me. There's too many other great kits coming out soon I want like the Axial Exo and Supershot. I could probably get both for the price of a Bruiser.

I'm in the same boat, I'd love a Bruiser and a Supershot but would probably have to sell all my collection to get both. The £250 paid for my rere Scorcher was pushing it. In an odd kinda way I hope its not all we want it to be so I dont desire it that much (as I desired it all them years ago) :D

Spy Shot of the Bruiser :)

Sorry,stole the pic from another forum

Ha ha, at least I will now be able to afford one :D

Spy Shot of the Bruiser :D

Vanessa's Bruiser? Not quite Hog Heaven, but I would take it!

Spy Shot of the Bruiser <_<

Hog Box?

Yeah if it's the original Bruiser then the Mounty is almost certain to get a re-re too.

The Hilux & Blazer are probably just too antiquated to bring back...a bit like the original Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover.

It seems like Tamiya always re-release the least desirable variation first. So if the mountaineer was comming back, it would make sense to release it first. Then release the bruiser so you have to spend more money.

I was holding out on the FAV waiting for the Wild-one. Then I finally gave in. But, if a Wild-one does come along I'm getting it also.