Sign in to follow this  
gingerboy98

Sandscorcher question

Chaps,

I have made a move which ordinarily I would not do, I am looking at buying a scorcher, I have been offered one which I have been told is complete except for the body. The price is £50.

My question, is this a good price?

Si.

quote:Originally posted by gingerboy99

The price is £50.

My question, is this a good price?

Si.

id="quote">id="quote">

This seems reasonable, but bodies are expensive so to get the car to a good condition you will need to spend a fair amount (You'll probably find you will need to get all the little detailing bits and lights as well!)

It really depends on the condition. If the exhast is present (which is bolted to the chassis) that would come in handy. Also the badio box, if it's in good condition. Front bumper and rear roll cage are also important. But the chance of finding all of these items in a reasonable shape it not that big, they are the first things to break...

I've seen absolute incomplete wrecks go for more money than that. I would say if it any where near complete.reasonable condition then it is a good buy.

Yep, as long as it's not just a wreck then it would be a good buy. Just be aware that if you want to build up a really nice car it will cost a lot of money unless you are very lucky to find parts cheap.

The SS is probably the most, or certainly one of, the most expensive cars to get parts for.

You could always rebuild it into a Ranger or Rough Rider. The chassis are the same just the wheels and bodies are different. Parts for these are much cheaper.

If you want to have a nice runner or just good looking car it is fine, if you want a mint example, always a new built is in the end cheaper...

quote:If the exhast is present (which is bolted to the chassis) that would come in handy
id="quote">id="quote">

Sjoerd, hope your SS isnt modified that much, the exhaust is clamped normally to the rear bumper.