garry

Rainbow 10 - sad news

Apologies if it has been posted here already.

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

Get your VISA ready,here is a chance to get a job in Japan working in the same town as Tamiya working at an RC shop. The Tamiya circuit is less than a minute walk from the doors of Rainbow 10. And the circuit is FREE. Jobs like this never show up in Japan,act quick.

Get your VISA ready,here is a chance to get a job in Japan working in the same town as Tamiya working at an RC shop. The Tamiya circuit is less than a minute walk from the doors of Rainbow 10. And the circuit is FREE. Jobs like this never show up in Japan,act quick.

Wow - That's a job I couldn't call work!

I remember ordering from these guys before I even had a PayPal account... More than 10 years ago? You would copy and paste the items you wanted into an email, and they would respond back with a total. Then you would send your credit card numbers in two separate emails for 'safety' lol BUT they were dependable none-the-less.

Not sure why but I haven't ordered from them in ages though :o As I recall they had a lot of harder to find spares at decent prices. Shame they have to close up and hope they find a replacement translator.

BTW my girlfriend lived in Tokyo for a short time and I would totally move there in a minute if I knew I had a job... Hmmm Where do I sign up? :o

I don't mean this in any disrespectful way towards the Japanese, I have an immense respect for their culture. I do however wish they would make a greater effort to learn English. There are so many amazing products that were not able to purchase all because they lack someone whom speaks English. I have tried ordering things using translation software and never get a response.

Hopefully rainbow ten will find someone soon.

I don't mean this in any disrespectful way towards the Japanese, I have an immense respect for their culture. I do however wish they would make a greater effort to learn English. There are so many amazing products that were not able to purchase all because they lack someone whom speaks English. I have tried ordering things using translation software and never get a response.

LOL, I imagine they feel the same way about your grasp of Japanese - Electronic translators are rarely a substitute for actually learning a language.

Why are they destroying stuff if they don't have a translator? Sounds like they're closing their business ? What if they found a translator and all the data are all destroyed.

Japanese people dont need English as much as you think,they spend tons of money learning it only to find out they dont need it all to live a very comfortable life. I know most of the people that run export rc here in Japan and they are not Japanese. I only Japanese guy I know that runs a export section is a USC drop out who`s father owns the bussiness.

Anyway what are you trying to buy?Most of what we have here is easy enough to get a hold of.

BTW my girlfriend lived in Tokyo for a short time and I would totally move there in a minute if I knew I had a job... Hmmm Where do I sign up? :)

Got a degree? You need one of those,dont have one and you can forget about it.minimum wage in Japan is 840 yen so you are looking at around $10.00 an hour. Thats about all you would make at an RC shop.

Why are they destroying stuff if they don't have a translator? Sounds like they're closing their business ? What if they found a translator and all the data are all destroyed.

Try to find somebody with a collage degree that likes RC cars and will take $10 and hour tops and then stick them way out in the country. Pickings are slim.

Try to find somebody with a collage degree that likes RC cars and will take $10 and hour tops and then stick them way out in the country. Pickings are slim.

ok thanks for insight. I used to order from a guy from way back before the internet boom. His name is Hiro I'm sure some of the older club members know him. He would buy anything R/C for me in Japan it was great bt no one has heard from him since.

Sounds a lot like the current situation in Silicon Valley :)

Didn't catch that they were in the country though - Why not in or near Tokyo? Are they mostly mail order and very little retail?

if we like and order japaneese products .. maybe we should make a greater effort to learn japaneese ? its not a one way street ! i find i some times have to ask for a different operator to be able to understand what they are saying when i verbaly order different parts for stuff from the states .. and i speak english ! , well the aussie version of it ..lol

LOL, I imagine they feel the same way about your grasp of Japanese - Electronic translators are rarely a substitute for actually learning a language.

LOL more like Delete :)

If I had time and exposure, believe me I would have learned Japanese as well.. I'm pretty good with languages in general ..

And I wish American's would make a greater effort to spell English words correctly. That's surely easier than learning an entirely new alphabet and language.

Edit: :lol:

if we like and order japaneese products .. maybe we should make a greater effort to learn japaneese ? its not a one way street ! i find i some times have to ask for a different operator to be able to understand what they are saying when i verbaly order different parts for stuff from the states .. and i speak english ! , well the aussie version of it ..lol

Depending on who you speak to, I find that Americans often have some sort of mental block when it comes to accents. I once worked with a guy from the Phillipines with a very slight accent; He'd phone all over Canada and the UK with no issues whatsoever, but as soon as he phoned the US, the person on the other end was flummoxed. I also got a confused "What?" several times when I inadvertently referred to the letter "Z" as "Zed" instead of "Zee".

And I wish American's would make a greater effort to spell English words correctly. That's surely easier than learning an entirely new alphabet and language.

Edit: :lol:

FYI, I learned English at Parkside Boarding School in Cobham when I was 8, afterwards I immigrated to the US. I have stubbornly tried my best to maintain true English spelling. I even fought with teachers whom marked wrong words that were spelled the kings way. Unfortunately I did lose my beautiful accent I order to blend in.. Had I know that later on it would have served advantageous with the other sex, I would have kept it lol!

Depending on who you speak to, I find that Americans often have some sort of mental block when it comes to accents. I once worked with a guy from the Phillipines with a very slight accent; He'd phone all over Canada and the UK with no issues whatsoever, but as soon as he phoned the US, the person on the other end was flummoxed. I also got a confused "What?" several times when I inadvertently referred to the letter "Z" as "Zed" instead of "Zee".

Im American but learned all my Queens English from Monty Python, Top Gear and Tamiyaclub. ;)

Im American but learned all my Queens English from Monty Python, Top Gear and Tamiyaclub. :P

Considering the current state of American Schools, all three are probably better at teaching 'American' English as well. ;)

Sorry, for a moment there i thought some **** (insert as appropriate) was implying that one should learn a new language, namely Japanese just to be able to buy parts from the country? Did i read that right?

Jeez, i'll go without thanks. And no, i am not ignorant, i just haven't the time or inclination to learn a language for that! Incidentally, i live/work in Indonesia (i am British) and i have learnt the language, just a shame they don't have rare and hard to find parts here!!!!!!

Ok I'll bite -

What are you on about?

With some of the grammar I see in this forum I think very few of us have the right to be pointing fingers at anyone. This entire RC community is made up of an extremely diverse range of cultures and nationalities, so it's practically a given that there will be some that don't want/need to communicate in languages they don't speak. Just like yourself, that's their prerogative. What you cannot expect is for someone to learn another language simply for your own convenience, or as Raman36 put it, "so many amazing products that were [sic] not able to purchase all because they lack someone whom [sic] speaks English".

Jeez, i'll go without thanks. And no, i am not ignorant, i just haven't the time or inclination to learn a language for that! Incidentally, i live/work in Indonesia (i am British) and i have learnt the language, just a shame they don't have rare and hard to find parts here!!!!!!

but... what about all those Indo sellers of rare vintage RC kits... there's plenty on AliBaba...

Sorry, for a moment there i thought some **** (insert as appropriate) was implying that one should learn a new language, namely Japanese just to be able to buy parts from the country? Did i read that right?

You should have them make the parts for you, That what all the Japanese companies do. :(

I'll be happy when English people stop calling wheels, "rims". The rim is the bit on the edge, not the whole thing.

There again, I'll be happier still when people stop getting "woman" and "women" the wrong way around and know the difference between "you're" and "your" or "there" and "their".

I always find it odd that in a lot of cases, people for whom English isn't their first language write it far more accurately than for those that it is.

I'll be happy when English people stop calling wheels, "rims". The rim is the bit on the edge, not the whole thing.

There again, I'll be happier still when people stop getting "woman" and "women" the wrong way around and know the difference between "you're" and "your" or "there" and "their".

I always find it odd that in a lot of cases, people for whom English isn't their first language write it far more accurately than for those that it is.

You forgot "to" vs "too" and "then" vs "than" in your list. That last one makes me want to murder people(not really) on a regular basis.