Sign in to follow this  
SteelRat

In other news...

Aside the furore of the Bruiser re-re, the item that caught my attention was the announcement of the Bush Devil II.

Do us Monster Beetle fans think this is the final nail in the coffin of a possible Monster Beetle re-re, or can we still live in hope?

Not a Monster Beetle fan but i'd say live in hope. With the kits we have been and are about to be offered, i wouldn't count anything out now no matter how bad it was :)

I think rather than holding my breath I'll shorten the wheelbase of a Wild Dagger or BF Extreme and make me own ;)

Mmmm how about the Bush Devil being released but stickers being changed (and maybe colours?) only?

This would be an ideal setup for re-re a monster beetle 2 using the bush devil's superior gearbox for the two chassis rule...........

This was what I was pondering (hoping) on another thread but it got lost in all the Bruiser talk!

What about the 2 cars per chassis rule that everyone seems to go by?

We've already had the Blackfoot 3 and Mud Blaster 2. Now the Bush Devil 2. Doesn't that make one too many already????

Well,,

We got the Blackfoot III and Mud Blaster in the same chassis as the Xtreme Blackfoot...Beetle shell has allready two versions in Tamiyas lineup as Sand Scorcher and Blitzer Beetle....I think the rule of two vintage re-res per chassis has no affect in this release..The chassis is different from vintage...so maybe when they stop the production of SS they will do a Monster Beetle II..

The easiest now is to buy a Blackfoot III and a SS white body set and make a very nice MB runner having both vintage shells in one chassis...a short wheelbase is a must anyway...

Cheers..

I still think it will happen eventually, just not yet. Look at what happened with the Avante.

This was what I was pondering (hoping) on another thread but it got lost in all the Bruiser talk!

And it's precisely the set up I have for my existing MB. I gave up with that terrible amphibian gearbox.

I'd still like to be able to see an "official version" of that set up and be able to unwrap that box.

To be honest I can see me making my own version long before Tamiya get their rears in gear.

What about the 2 cars per chassis rule that everyone seems to go by?

We've already had the Blackfoot 3 and Mud Blaster 2. Now the Bush Devil 2. Doesn't that make one too many already????

This is assuming that the BD2 is the same chassis as those other two (and really, we've got no reason to believe they won't be) In some odd way though I almost think that the Blackfoot III isn't really a re-re as such; it's more a continuation of the Blackfoot series, given the variations of Blackfoot we've had on various chassis' over the years. If anything our 2 cars for the chassis are the BD2 and Mud Blaster.

Well,,

We got the Blackfoot III and Mud Blaster in the same chassis as the Xtreme Blackfoot...Beetle shell has allready two versions in Tamiyas lineup as Sand Scorcher and Blitzer Beetle....I think the rule of two vintage re-res per chassis has no affect in this release..The chassis is different from vintage...so maybe when they stop the production of SS they will do a Monster Beetle II..

The easiest now is to buy a Blackfoot III and a SS white body set and make a very nice MB runner having both vintage shells in one chassis...a short wheelbase is a must anyway...

Cheers..

I thought the production of the Scorcher stopped ages ago, which is largely why the Blitzer was made when it was; so that the mould for the shell could be modified for that. I think I'm right in saying that the holes for the Blitzer shell are the same as they are for the MB, so an MB re-re might be a good way to shift old blitzer shell stock, if there's a fair few hanging around (like with the Buggy Champ). Thing is though I suppose we've still got to go through incarnations of Chrome, Gold and XB editions before we get to that stage.

I really really want this to happen but I just don't see it in the cards. Tamiya appears to be avoiding use of the original ORV monster chassis at all cost while continuing to push the Dagger-style chassis on and on and on. Perhaps it just comes down to the weak drivetrain. I don't know for sure. They've been willing to slap old bodies on the too-long Dagger chassis despite the notable difference in wheelbase but the Monster Beetle body would likely be just too much of a stretch. Still, I make no claims. Tamiya has come through with some great things we never thought we'd see agian.

I really really want this to happen but I just don't see it in the cards. Tamiya appears to be avoiding use of the original ORV monster chassis at all cost while continuing to push the Dagger-style chassis on and on and on. Perhaps it just comes down to the weak drivetrain. I don't know for sure. They've been willing to slap old bodies on the too-long Dagger chassis despite the notable difference in wheelbase but the Monster Beetle body would likely be just too much of a stretch. Still, I make no claims. Tamiya has come through with some great things we never thought we'd see agian.

I have to agree with this. I think that the only way an ORV based Monster Truck is ever going to be re-re'd is if it's on the BF Extreme chassis, as has been previously. With the truck bodies of the Mud Blaster and BFIII Tamiya can just about get away with the extended wheelbase (and for some I realise this is a major bane of contention), but with a Beetle shell, they really can't. And that, I think, is that.

Anyone got a Twin Det or Wild Dagger going cheap? :lol:

Maybe for more iconic cars Tamiya will use the original chassis with improvements if needed. That's my hope at least.

Just look at the Holiday buggy it's should be a re-release but it turned to be just a body re-release on a new chassis. Then look at the Fast Attack Vehicle( or at the upcoming Bruiser)and they are just like the original release. So, my hope is that even if Blackfoot III, Mud Blaster II and Maybe bush devil II are on the wild dagger chassis, an eventual Monster Beetle re-release, unless it becomes the Monster Beetle II, will remain on it's original ORV chassis, because that's the way we all love it! :lol:

because that's the way we all love it! :)

Except me... I'd rather it be on the King Blackfoot / original Bush Devil chassis. ;)

From TamiyaUSA

Pics linked from TamiyaUSA don't always show up;

img169_17012010121003_2.jpg

Pics linked from TamiyaUSA don't always show up;

img169_17012010121003_2.jpg

Now, I actually quite like the look of that body. But why o why does this chassis continue to be used. Underpowered, garbage suspension- you need atleast another hundred bucks to make it remotely interesting. Would really love to see the big T do a better twin motor truck as these are kinda boring and aimed at entry-level (how unusual).

I agree. I liked them when they first appeared (yay, a Tamiya truck with a strong gearbox) but now, 13 years of production and it has not evolved one tiny bit!

Tamiya was busy re-realezing the realeses.It must be re-released to be improved...We have to wait for it to become vintage... ;)

I am sure we will see the Monster Beetle again when they think the timing is right. It's such a popular kit, Tamiya would be crazy not to.

There have been some really good re-releases recently - FAV, Blitzer Beetle, Super Shot and now the Bruiser. Tamiya will be just pacing themselves. They'll give a year or two space between the Blitzer I reckon.

- James

I am sure we will see the Monster Beetle again when they think the timing is right. It's such a popular kit, Tamiya would be crazy not to.

There have been some really good re-releases recently - FAV, Blitzer Beetle, Super Shot and now the Bruiser. Tamiya will be just pacing themselves. They'll give a year or two space between the Blitzer I reckon.

- James

You are right, Tamiya seem to have no logical thinking on there re-re's. some are really faithfull to the original and then they completly mess it up.....

It seems to be when they put a '2/II' after it.

If they bring out a Monster Beetle II, forget it......

I would imagine they will release it when they stop producing one of the other beetles.

But why o why does this chassis continue to be used. Underpowered, garbage suspension- you need atleast another hundred bucks to make it remotely interesting. Would really love to see the big T do a better twin motor truck as these are kinda boring and aimed at entry-level (how unusual).

Why all the hate on this chassis? I've had the wild dagger since it was new, and cant say enough good things about it. It can take the abuse and keep on going.

How can it be underpowered when it uses the same silver can as all the others?

But I do wish they would of used a hard plastic body.

I thought the production of the Scorcher stopped ages ago, which is largely why the Blitzer was made when it was; so that the mould for the shell could be modified for that. I think I'm right in saying that the holes for the Blitzer shell are the same as they are for the MB, so an MB re-re might be a good way to shift old blitzer shell stock, if there's a fair few hanging around (like with the Buggy Champ). Thing is though I suppose we've still got to go through incarnations of Chrome, Gold and XB editions before we get to that stage.

Are you sure.?? What about the SS body sets as spare part set,,dont they have to supply the market for some time ,,its all stock..?? Also I dont see the logic if they have stopped the SS shell production of not filling these agly extra holes for the Blitzer..?

I think they produce them both right now...

From day one of re-re SS body production it has the side holes for Monster Beetle and Blitzer chassis marked inside ,also the sunroof has the Blitzer's antenna hole filled half way..

Iam only guessing ...! :-) but I dont see a logic pattern other than Tamiya is helping us for the future days to come (when the white bodies again disapear) that we can use the Black shell for an SS chassis without the need of drilling :-) (as it was in the good old days).........

Cheers....