OCD

58511 1/10 NISSAN TITAN RACING

Looks like a fantastic little backyard basher to me. Even more, a spec racing class waiting to happen. If I didn't already have a DT02, I'd consider it.

And remember, it's high-volume stuff like this (and the equally-maligned TT01) that allows them to afford to make the high-end rerelases. I say do all the parts-bin engineering you want, if it funds SRB and 3-speed re-res.

Point taken. Sometimes it is easy to forget how all the awesomeness of re-releases comes to exist...

Ok, Tamiya, if you're going to start releasing truck bodies on the DT02 or DF02, at least give us a better body shell:

Tamiya DT02 Sand Viper chassis

Tamiya TT01 body posts

HPI Dodge Ram Nitro RS4 MT2 body

HPI Racing Super Star truck wheels

Pro-Line Speed Hawg II truck tires

PS-15 Metallic Red

PS-41 Bright Silver

PS-31 Smoke

HPI decals

Stadium Blitzer II?

-Paul

I think the Titan looks good on the DT02 & will help newcomers afford to buy & run a truck on the buggy race track.

TA02T, although scale looking, can't do that job that well.

Moreover easily available DT02 spares are important to newcomers.

As much as I don’t mind the look of it I am disappointed they whacked another body on the DT02 chassis.

It is a good bash chassis, don’t get me wrong but I would have liked to so Mr T do a SCT and base it on the TRF201 chassis to at least get themselves in the ball park of the SCT genre.

Well I'll admit that upon seeing the video, they do look like a lot of fun as a basher.

I'm sure Tamiya will have their own class for them at some point... ;)

Looks like a DT-02 with an ill-fitting truck body, hence 1/12th compared to a 1/10th truck, albeit a 1/10th platform.

Won't meet the world's expectations of a racing truck, might meet the domestic market's expectations.

that's the first time I have seen a Tamiya promo vid that actually makes it look like a kids toy......

Why won't they make an SC truck!!!

for a kids basher sc truck it will do i think. (depending on the price)

They could've reached just a tiny bit further and take some nicer, scale looking wheels out of the parts bin. Would add 100% to the looks. :lol:

TA02T, although scale looking, can't do that job that well.

I don't understand this. How is the DT-02 platform better at running on buggy tracks than what is essentially a TA-02? Changing the footprint of that thing is literally as easy as swapping out arms and shock mounts (things Tamiya has already done)

I don't understand this. How is the DT-02 platform better at running on buggy tracks than what is essentially a TA-02? Changing the footprint of that thing is literally as easy as swapping out arms and shock mounts (things Tamiya has already done)

The Ta02 is a heavy and inefficient chassis. Its great for what it does (I have many and have made some projects with them). However to create a fun cheap truck class in Japan the ta02t is expensive compared to the dt02, its slower, heavier and less robust.

I am so incredibly disappointed!

I get that Tamiya might not want to enter the competitive Short Course market and offer something in that Genre but not a direct competitor. the DT-02 is cheap and a really good chassis for a beginner - cheap, easy to build, handles well for the money and tough...

... BUT COME ON Mr T - When a full blown competitive racing Short Course truck (eg the AE SC10) has a more detailed truck body, then Tamiya is really not living up to a quality product.

1. Would it have been so hard to at the very least detail the rear bed a little better?

2. IF you really want it to live on the DT-02 then at least stretch the width of the body so it sits over the wheels better - better still give it shorter wishbones so at least the track is right (like you should have done on the Sand Rover and Holiday buggy). You would have never done this with a rally body.

This could have been a great body for a scale project if you had detailed it properly.

Now people at Tamiya might say that this is a beginner kit and those kids don't really care about those small details. Fair point, but why alienate all the other guys that do care and would buy it for scale projects or just enjoy it as a fun scale basher.

Waste of a good license in my mind.

10 points for the Bruiser Re-Re

-10 points for the Titan

:(

James.

PS: Sorry I just needed to vent, it been one of those weeks.

And yes, Tamiya should make a real SC truck from the TRF201, AND make it with a really nice body and driver so you can either race it or turn it into the sweetest fastest best detailed scale SC truck!

Who says scale guys just want to go slow?

Rant over.

Ha ha I like you Toykid B)

I feel you though - Tamiya seems hellbent on staying out of the SCT market and the Titan just seems to prove it. I'll admit I had hope when I saw the 'Racing' moniker given, but a DT02 wasn't really what I'd imagined. Where they really lost me was the choice to go 1/12 scale rather than have something that can cross platforms. Then again, isn't just like Tamiya to frequently do the inexplicable? :(

EDIT: Sorry, it seems the exisiting thread happened to slip under my radar. Thanks to the Tamiyaclub-Team for merging the two threads.

Tamiya finally did it: A shourt course truck. Well, at least it looks like one, even if it's just based on the fool proof DT-02 buggy platform.

custom_headoyqgj.jpg

header_58511_01pboqf.jpg gallery_58511_02ptqrf.jpg

I think it is looking great. Can't have enough DT-02 bodies. :( Will need to add a cut spare Sand Viper body for chassis protection against dirt.

The body is mounted on the Tamiya DT-02 platform buggy chassis, which makes it ideal for any new hobbyist building a construction kit for the first time. The Nissan Titan body replicates the truck as it was raced in the 2006 Championship Off-Road Racing (CORR) season in the United States.

Specs and Features

1/12 scale R/C assembly kit.

Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (1150 Ball Bearing x 8pcs.) Note: first production only.

Polycarbonate body

2WD with full independent suspension.

Oil filled dampers

Newly-designed damper stays enable installation of long oil dampers to provide plenty of suspension travel.

Fully-enclosed gearbox protects against dirt and debris.

Front and rear Dual Block Tires

Type 540 motor included.

Tamiya TEU-104BK ESC included.

Source:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58511

Now this is a quality DT02 truck...note the cva shocks, shock tower brace and high grip tires. Too bad it is not equiped with turnbuckles or solid body mounts. Those wheels look bad too, BUT still a fun chassis.....Lets not get to bent out of shape on this, I like this chassis(have one) and run the badword out of it. So if it's priced right more people can have fun too. :D

Its a 4 wheeled turd on a out dated chassis . Simple as that :D

post-37759-1328344459_thumb.jpg

post-37759-1328344474_thumb.jpg

can someone explain how this costs $170 on Tower? The only real difference between a Sand Viper ($140) is the front shock brace. I think the Sand Viper is over priced as it is.

edit: It is actually worse than the sand viper being that it doesn't have adjustable uppers.

can someone explain how this costs $170 on Tower? The only real difference between a Sand Viper ($140) is the front shock brace. I think the Sand Viper is over priced as it is.

edit: It is actually worse than the sand viper being that it doesn't have adjustable uppers.

1: Tower almost always lists the price higher when a Tamiya kit is first added to the website than the final price once the product is shipping to customers. However, this is a general rule and is not engraved in stone.

2: Once the shipping date is closer, the price generally goes down to 60% to 65% of retail price. However, this is a general rule and is not engraved in stone.

3: The Sand Viper is 66% of the retail price right now, so the Nissan percentage should be somewhere around that range (66% of retail).

4: The retail price of the Nissan kit is $250. This means the expected Tower price should fall between $250 x 0.60 = $150 and $250 x 0.65 = $163 or even $250 x 0.66 (matching the Sand Viper discount) = $165.

5: Licensing the Nissan name and creating the Nissan body costs money. I would not expect the price to ever be as low as the Sand Viper.

6: I'll take a guess and say that the $170 price will not go down in the future even after the product ships to customers. This is my opinion, and I could be wrong, but if I had to guess what was going to happen, that is my answer.

5: Licensing the Nissan name and creating the Nissan body costs money.

that crossed my mind too