RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

SO with all the changes will this be more of a tribute rather than a re-release?

According to Stella, official Tamiya date will be 'March' but history says it'll be April before stock actually comes through

Did the news of the Scorcher get this much attention, i don't think it did???

Scorcher got 77 pages (1900 odd posts) between Nov 2009 and Jan 2011; Post with confirmation of release

In excess (too lazy to count) of 800 posts between confirmation and first orders

No idea if that equates to more attention or less though :)

Most of them were Badboy though ;)

I don't think the 'surprise' is as great this time round, after the SRBs the 'they can do anything' opinion pretty much got confirmed, then properly driven home with the Avante

If all the sweary posts didn't need deleting, a carve-up by an unnamed mod wouldn't be so catastrophic ;)

Could we stick to OMG and WOW please guys, there's no need to swear.

My apologies. I had just gotten out of bed, was quite taken aback by this and wasn't in full thinking mode. :)

My apologies. I had just gotten out of bed, was quite taken aback by this and wasn't in full thinking mode. :)

Hi Wandy, did you get PM re Bruiser?

Thanks

Lee.

Hi Wandy, did you get PM re Bruiser?

Thanks

Lee.

Just seen it now mate, have replied. :)

I must admit I'm as excited as any hardcore Tamiya fan in here (even though I'm flat broke nowadays!). However, there are one or two major disappointments about the truck that's in the pictures that have just been uploaded here. I can not believe the signal lights are not part of the body as the original one! I mean, I can understand the sponsor thing, but the signal lights, along the Mountaineer wheels are such huge turn-off. The truck looks just as hot as the legendary one, but why in the world Tamiya can not release a more accurate version of it? :)

The clear signal lamps are more realistic. What vehicle have you ever seen with white lamps?

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, the re-re Bruiser also seems to come with clear windows and interior.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............................

The clear signal lamps are more realistic. What vehicle have you ever seen with white lamps?

I agree with Wandy, the clear signal are more realistic and you can add working blinkers.

But if you're still unhappy you can still paint it solid white. We should be happy that Tamiya listened and re-re this

Imagine how Mr Tamiya feels after going through to get this expensive kit reReleased and to see people complain about the signal lights being realistic as its clear plastic. We should be greatful.

Awesome. Windows. Wing mirrors. Spares fest!!

That's correct.

Plus one will be able to easily make a Mountaineer version out of the re-re Bruiser. You'll only need the Hi-lift Hilux bed and roll bar plus lights as well as some repo or original Mountaineer decals - Bingo........................

The Hua (RC4WD) truck appears like a custom truck made with Tamiya Bruiser axles and some body modification... :)

Fixed that for you.

Plus one will be able to easily make a Mountaineer version out of the re-re Bruiser. You'll only need the Hi-lift Hilux bed and roll bar plus lights as well as some repo or original Mountaineer decals - Bingo........................

Or just wait for the inevitable Mounty re-release. :)

WOW...!!!! OMG....!!! :):o:o:o

Thats great news.!!! I will try to buy more than one....also it would be great to have new bumpers,mirrors and tires for all my vintage trucks..!! Black chassis will look smart..!

Can also run my Blackfoot with these tires..and as said Mountaineer its an easy project from High lift Kit..I now wish that Tamiya will release the Mounty in the original form..!!

Clear front indicators are great..It was so difficult to paint and they look more realistic in this version..Also keep the vintage parts in their league and price...:-)

Please upload as many pictures as possible..!!!!

Cheers....

Anyone whos going to the fair?

GET A PIC OF THE GEARBOX!!!

TamiyaUSA

"• Newly-designed die-cast transmission is equipped with planetary gears."

Badboy

WoW, Tamiyausa already has a ton of information up about it! More Pictures...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58519

How much were these selling for when they were out? What was the street price?

I never bought a Bruiser, but I bought the Mountaineer (58111) for $284.99 - $40 coupon = $244.99 from Tower Hobbies on 1993-05-27. That's US dollars.

Given the re-re Bruiser MSRP of $1295 and Tower's general 60-65% sale price, I would expect it to cost between $777 and $842 before coupons. Yikes!

Can't believe i'm going to spend as much on this as I did on my real Toyota truck... She's never gonna understand this one.

wow..... I dont want to bring the mood down, but in my opinion this is WAY overpriced at about $800!!!

$600 would have been my upper limit guess.

No way I will shell out this money for the Bruiser... the only 3 speed I would consider putting down this kind of dough for is the Blazing Blazer.

wow..... I dont want to bring the mood down, but in my opinion this is WAY overpriced at about $800!!!

$600 would have been my upper limit guess.

No way I will shell out this money for the Bruiser... the only 3 speed I would consider putting down this kind of dough for is the Blazing Blazer.

At todays exchange rate $800 = £500 GBP.

I'll bet the UK price is nearer £700 GBP. At £700 its a bit rich, but i'll go with a HK seller and hope to avoid the worst of any import duties.