RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Price on tamiyausa.com is $1295 USD... It should be around $800 USD if Tower carries it.

-Paul

Ouch, that really hurt my wallet. I really hope the price is a place holder, otherwise i'll be seriously considering the TrailFinder 2 as an alternative.

I knew it would be quite shockingly expensive. Tamiya have long since stopped surprising me at what they get away with charging for things. I really don't want to rain on anyone here's parade because the Bruiser is a great looking beast of a truck and I can see why everyone is so excited to see it re-re'd finally but for me this isn't 2006 or 2007 anymore. There are loads of equally fantastic looking and perhaps more importantly fantastic performing scale looking trucks out there now for a lot less than what the Bruiser will end up costing, even via import. I doubt very much the Bruiser's performance will be that different to the F-350 therefore making it not even a particularly good runner for the money. Its a beautiful looking but insanely expensive shelf queen.

I knew it would be quite shockingly expensive. Tamiya have long since stopped surprising me at what they get away with charging for things. I really don't want to rain on anyone here's parade because the Bruiser is a great looking beast of a truck and I can see why everyone is so excited to see it re-re'd finally but for me this isn't 2006 or 2007 anymore. There are loads of equally fantastic looking and perhaps more importantly fantastic performing scale looking trucks out there now for a lot less than what the Bruiser will end up costing, even via import. I doubt very much the Bruiser's performance will be that different to the F-350 therefore making it not even a particularly good runner for the money. Its a beautiful looking but insanely expensive shelf queen.

I don't disagree but a Hi-lift F-350 , when coupled with a MFC unit is little to no different in price - i'll take the looks over the noise this time round :)

One way to take the sting out is to consider it a piece of "functional art". On a positive note, if this is indeed the actual price, this should keep the owerners of OG Bruisers happy as it wont bring down vintage prices much.

True, but a Tamiya is a Tamiya. Nothing beats opening a fresh Tamiya kit, especially a Bruiser !

True, but a Tamiya is a Tamiya. Nothing beats opening a fresh Tamiya kit, especially a Bruiser !

I do agree but that slightly dizzy endorphin rush to the head you'll get when opening the Bruiser's box for the first time is going to cost a LOT of money.

With the amount of Hilux parts on the bay at the moment, what do you think is tthe chance of the original Hilux or Blazer being released? At least they have the axles done, just a matter of changing thje suspension and possible rear bed?

Tamiya is a company like any else-they're makeing profit-what else.Would be naive IMO to think that the Bruiser is going to be a cheaper. If they would make a very limited small amount of kits (let's say 300) for 2000$,they would sell it like hot cake. If they make a larger amount for 800$,they sell,too.But production costs are lower,the more they make.So price is secondary,they sell'em anyway.

Let's be thankful for the possibility to buy and build a new Bruiser in 2012,no matter what's the price we have to pay for.Thank you Tamiya to answer all our prayers...Just my 2 cents,off course

Sheesh price does sound high! still will see what it is when released.

Wonder if the MFC could be an option on the bruiser be well cool if it was!

New Bruiser looks great! Tamiya have done well to keep it looking original whiel adding a few important updates! I quite like the mounty wheels, I prefer them to the original as they look more realistic.

Glad I waited and didn't fall into buying a hilux highlift body for my original :)

Sheesh price does sound high! still will see what it is when released.

Wonder if the MFC could be an option on the bruiser be well cool if it was!

There should be enough room left in the electronics box for a decent third party sound and light kit.

sweet finally i can get a windsheild for under $100 gotta love the rere but i guess my new on tree mirror just lost its value lol

I am very impressed! The upgrades to the gearbox and differentials look really, really nice.

And I like the black chassis. It may not be the same as the original release Bruiser, but it's actually faithful to the real Hilux.

- James

Man, I only ever saw this in that old Tamiya promo on YouTube; even then it looked incredibly epic!

And now to see it in pictures and soon on the shelves... This is exciting, even if I cannot afford one! After learning that somehow Tamiya put a short-course truck on a DT-02, the story of the new Bruiser is great, and I look forward to seeing what kind of future awaits this model! Already a number of people must be in 'Hog Heaven.'

So much for me wanting an Avante or a Hotshot, though haha

The original didn't have the track bars on the rear axle, did it? Just leaf springs. Looks like they put some thought into performance and durability, instead of just cranking out the same old parts again. I have high hopes for this one...

And yeah, it's expensive, but I look at my previous RC purchases and several of them I wonder why I bothered. This looks like a good opportunity to pop for quality rather than quantity; sure, I can get 4 or 5 other kits for the same price, but would they hold my interest as long? I'm guessing not.

The original didn't have the track bars on the rear axle, did it? Just leaf springs.

If you mean the two metal stripes (links) going from the middle of the chassis to the rear axle, they were already on the original.

I am curious how easy it will be to lock the diffs, dont look to be as accessible as the RCchannel axles

I rather have this than my vintage Hilux to be honest. Nothing beats opening a NIB Tamiya Kid and giggling like a school girl

I'm pretty sure the original had the track bars in the rear too. I just can't believe after all this time, we're finally getting it! I still remember the local hobby shop owner cracking open a then-new Mountaineer kit just to let me drool over all the fantastic parts. I remember thinking that this was likely my last shot at getting a "Bruiser" but I still had no where near the funds. Well, all these years later I finally do have the funds and another Tamiya dream comes true. Then again, that's what they're banking on :) .

i opened my original at christmas 1988 , i was the best feeling ever i had a lunchbox at the time i lost interst in it immediately, it took me and my old mad a while to get it together me bein 10 or 11 at the time but im sure i was the happiest kid around. restoring it was a great experience but building a new one would be epic. ill never sell my original but i sure want that feeling again ever if it is expensive lol

You do realise that the 2012 prediction will come true now that the Bruiser has been rere'd right? Lol :)

You do realise that the 2012 prediction will come true now that the Bruiser has been rere'd right? Lol :)

Turns out the Mayans meant that your Financial world was coming to an end. They knew all about the Bruiser re-re. Couldn't fool them, no sir.