RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I'm guessing this is the transmission for the next generation of 3-speeds and big rigs, though possibly with plastic casing for 'lesser' models.

Yep , that's what i said about the new gearbox . It may go into the big rig's etc .

Must not of been seen .... :D I would say that , Tamiya have spent the money in redeveloping

the gear box , you would thing it would be set up to be used in other things .

Would be great if this transmission does fit the hi-lift series.. It does sit higher up and has better clearance. However it only has one 4wd speed.... I'm not much of a scaler.. Do they only use 4 low?

Yes , the new gearbox only has 4wd low for the bruiser . Would be

good if it can be put into the F350 chassis & i'm sure it could be done.

Na, they're 4WD in all speeds, not that it's useful. Highlifts are so bouncy you wouldn't ever want to use 3rd gear in an off road setting.

The high lift has 4wd in all gears , But i'm sure he is talking about the new bruiser gearbox into the

highlift . :D

Use a 3 channel , That's all i use . :D

Flysky 2.4GHz T4B 4 channel approx $60

The high lift has 4wd in all gears , But i'm sure he is talking about the new bruiser gearbox into the

highlift . :D

Good catch - I totally read that wrong...

New Bruiser transmission = 4WD low, 2WD in 2nd and high. :wacko:

So...the real question is: Who is going to step up and create a 1:1 Bruiser like the 1:1 Scorcher?

I would crash my own car gawping at that beauty if it drove by. Outstanding!!!!!!!

I guess the new tranny is going to be a very nice improvement.

Less noise,smoother run,less weight

Some people might complain the plastic gears in the tranny but what i can see from the pictures that these are certainly carbonized ones.Such as used in Servo-Units nowadays.They're almost as tough as metal gears but less of weight so personally i don't have a problem with "plastic ones" at all.

I am really hoping we get to assemble the 3 speed to like on the newer 3 speeds then it be easier to repair to as know how it all goes together. Can not wait to see manual now usually they come out somewhere

before the kit is released, well that was the case with SRB buggy champ!

Even the axles on this one look the most realistic yet! I guess the one piece wheels screw to hubs with 3 screws to?

Use a 3 channel , That's all i use . :D

Didn't realise you could away with just 3. As I have a dx3e I could do that.

Well that's made it a bit cheaper but I'm still not going to pay the UK price

Anyone got experience of the Kamtec lexan clear window for the Bruiser? How clear is it? Most repro lexan shells I have seen have that slight orange peel effect compared to OEM stuff, which is fine if your painting over it but it's not good for window detailing.

Didn't realise you could away with just 3. As I have a dx3e I could do that.

Well that's made it a bit cheaper but I'm still not going to pay the UK price

I have just looked at the manual & yes you can . As it dose have the

( Auxiliary Settings Linear, 2-Position, 3-Position ) 3-Position is what you use .

Set the servo to neutral ( center ) & that is now 2nd & you can then use up for

1st ( or 3rd ) & then the other way for 3rd ( or 1st ) up to you .

I'm sure you know how it's done .

First USA street price is up at RPP Hobby (great place) and ships free:

http://www.rpphobby.com/Tamiya_RC_Toyota_B..._p/tam58519.htm

Not as painful as I expected price wise. $750 US.

Some one is now selling these as pre-orders on ebay for $580 shipped. I don't know if it's a scam or not, but it seems a little fishy. I did not include a link. (Is that against the forum rules?)

Awesome, someone should get them printed as posters, i'm sure people would buy that, i know i would!

Anyone else feel Tamiya could do so much more.....i.e print posters of models, mugs, t-shirts, sell decals separately and also re-release older ones.

Colin.

My bro is in T shirt printing business he can make Bruiser t shirts but not sure about licensing part.

Some one is now selling these as pre-orders on ebay for $580 shipped. I don't know if it's a scam or not, but it seems a little fishy. I did not include a link. (Is that against the forum rules?)

Saw that too. You're right, live eBay links are not allowed, so good call.

I've sent the guy an eBay message, maybe he will respond, maybe not.

By the way, eBay buyer protection only lasts for 45 days. In the auction he states he won't get the kits until the end of March. That is beyond 45 days. If it is a scam, you won't get your money back. If I were him, I would have waited until I had the kits in my hands and THEN listed them. Who knows what is really going on. I wonder if he is a TC member?

( Auxiliary Settings Linear, 2-Position, 3-Position ) 3-Position is what you use .

So, easy as that.

That makes a 3 speed so much more attractive :D but the Bruiser is still a bit rich for me. Might have to keep my eye out for a second hand hi-lift closer to the Bruisers release. Maybe put a Bruiser body on it ;)

I too saw this on ebay but decided it sounded "too good" to be OK. Especielly since shipping were included :D Maybe a mistake to not hit the buy it now button but I would kill myself beeing robbed on$ 580 ;)

I would REALLY like to see a Bruiser 2012 build manual !! ( if that´s allowed? )

I would be happy to be proved wrong on this one but from my experience I would say SCAM! Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. Having said that he does have some high value items on his past sold items if you look at his feedback. But as someone else has said, full payment up front and a wait of over 45 days (buyer protection window) makes it a no brainer for me. I'll be waiting for them to be "on the shelf"!

Yep, I have this radio and use that function for a winch.

I would be happy to be proved wrong on this one but from my experience I would say SCAM! Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. Having said that he does have some high value items on his past sold items if you look at his feedback. But as someone else has said, full payment up front and a wait of over 45 days (buyer protection window) makes it a no brainer for me. I'll be waiting for them to be "on the shelf"!

The guy on ebay replied me this:

I have a large Asian base Trading Co. in which I don't pay for any freight from Asia. I am requiring payment 3 days after end of sale due to a large deposit I had put down to get these kits in. I had to do a minimum order of 35 kits in order for my Asian based Tranding Co. to obtain these kits for the low price I was able to set bond with. I have a current Invesetment and Bond with this firm in which we mainly wholesale consumer electronic products and not really hobby related goods. However my being an avid Tamiya fan and collector when I had got word of the re-release of this kit I had asked my Asian Trading Co. partners what pricing would be like based on a reflecting quantity of the total kits I bring in. This is why my Pre-Orders are for a 35 kit freight pallet along with other consumer goods.

I still think this could be scam. What do you think. He has already taken 3 pre-orders.

Sounds plausible I suppose, but the best scams always do.

Still, I'd buy from one of the trusted vendors here on TC or a local shop with whom you normally do business. Possibly save a few hundred vs. probably lose the whole amount and never forgive yourself because you can't afford a do-over (No Bruiser for you! One year!!).

Simple choice for me.

Use a 3 channel , That's all i use . ;)

Same here, I use my 3PKS' function dial for selecting speeds on my current 3 speed. It's a little sensitive, but gets the job done.

I'm presently in Mammoth CA, I brought my highlight with me along with a DF03-Ra for some play in the snow. The highlift was not much fun. Too much powder and it's hefty weight made it sink and get stuck every 15 seconds :D The DF03-Ra on the other hand was incredible fun, it floated on top of the powder. I haven't given up on the highlift yet, going to find a trail with snow that is less deep.

For added protection, use American Express as your funding source on PayPal. They'll protect you upto a full year. Amex protection policy is no nonsense, they won't ask you to contact seller first like visa and MC.. Their priority is to protect you. In the case of the charge back from Amex, PayPal will be forced to get the money back from seller :D

I never allow PayPal to draw funds on my checking account for value greater than $50.