RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Ok, since Challenger-RT posted what the guy said to him, I'll post what he said to me:

I'm able to sell at this price because of how much I can obtain each kit for. I can obtain each kit at a low cost because of being part of a large Asian based Trading Co. and also because of the total net worth of supplies I bring in yearly from my overseas Asian based Trading Co. I will not disclose the dollar amount or price range I am obtaining the kits for and I am also not forcing anyone to buy from me for whatever reason what so ever. I'm also not forcing anyone to "believe" my price and or listing. Also take note that due to the volume of Asian based goods I bring in yearly that I don't pay for any freight coming in from Asia. So it's really no problem for me to offer the free shipping anywhere.

Hope this help answers some of your concerns and questions.

Since after 45 days a dispute cannot be opened, I will not be ordering one. Yes, I may miss out on an amazing deal. I can live with it. You can assess the risk for yourselves and decide.

Ok, since Challenger-RT posted what the guy said to him, I'll post what he said to me:

I'm able to sell at this price because of how much I can obtain each kit for. I can obtain each kit at a low cost because of being part of a large Asian based Trading Co. and also because of the total net worth of supplies I bring in yearly from my overseas Asian based Trading Co. I will not disclose the dollar amount or price range I am obtaining the kits for and I am also not forcing anyone to buy from me for whatever reason what so ever. I'm also not forcing anyone to "believe" my price and or listing. Also take note that due to the volume of Asian based goods I bring in yearly that I don't pay for any freight coming in from Asia. So it's really no problem for me to offer the free shipping anywhere.

Hope this help answers some of your concerns and questions.

Since after 45 days a dispute cannot be opened, I will not be ordering one. Yes, I may miss out on an amazing deal. I can live with it. You can assess the risk for yourselves and decide.

The guy has 116 (100%) positive feedbacks, an account since Nov-10-09 and quite a pricy sell history.

The guy has 116 (100%) positive feedbacks, an account since Nov-10-09 and quite a pricy sell history.

I checked his feedback as well. There is one thing that stands out. He sold what looks like the identical high end Sony camera for $1800, $2200 then $8000, .. Looks odd to me. Also, his last 3 sales are to the same person.

I checked his feedback as well. There is one thing that stands out. He sold what looks like the identical high end Sony camera for $1800, $2200 then $8000, .. Looks odd to me. Also, his last 3 sales are to the same person.

You're right

I checked the price for the Sony camera on amazon and there it goes for: $2,699.99

Feedbacks on ebay

**Super Seller - Super Fast Shipping - A+++ eBayer** Member id new_views ( Feedback Score Of 13Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) Feb-01-12 23:10

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220911082140) US $4,220.00

**Super Seller - Super Fast Shipping - A+++ eBayer** Member id new_views ( Feedback Score Of 13Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) Feb-01-12 23:10

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220911081096) US $4,220.00

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220910883560) US $8,445.00

One of best Ebayer sellers I gave delt with - Great communications - A++++++++++ Member id chipaul ( Feedback Score Of 74Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99) Dec-10-11 17:23

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220897266000) US $1,983.88

hmmmm, makes you think...

Some one is now selling these as pre-orders on ebay for $580 shipped. I don't know if it's a scam or not, but it seems a little fishy. I did not include a link. (Is that against the forum rules?)

HAHA , yes i was looking at evilbay B4 coming onto here & was looking at it .

Does look cheap ??.

BUT i look at it like this , great that he has . As now anyone looking for Bruiser

parts will see a NEW one coming . So that will stop the sellers getting good prices .

WELL i hope it does , :D .........

The guy on ebay replied me this:

However my being an avid Tamiya fan and collector when I had got word of the re-release of this kit

I still think this could be scam. What do you think. He has already taken 3 pre-orders.

My only thoughts are that most avid Tamiya fans and collectors that I know, live here and would generally advertise this type of opportunity here first.

My only thoughts are that most avid Tamiya fans and collectors that I know, live here and would generally advertise this type of opportunity here first.

Good point! In tough economic times, even good ebayers come up with scams. If you decide to go this route, I recommend using Amex as I stated earlier. If you don't have one, still use a credit card as your payment source on PayPal.. That way you're protected for a year!

If you know how much a retail seller earn from a Tamiya kit, you will know this seller is selling at below cost. It must be a charity event.

+1 on that...

If he's really in the need of getting 35 preorders he could have announed it here.I bet there are at least 35 preorders within 24 hours so would be an easy game

does this mean that one of the newer 3 speed trucks is gonna be discontinued? Hi lift maybe since it was the first?

My guess is it'll come back as a "Metallic Special" :):D

You're right

I checked the price for the Sony camera on amazon and there it goes for: $2,699.99

Feedbacks on ebay

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220911082140) US $4,220.00

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220911081096) US $4,220.00

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220910883560) US $8,445.00

One of best Ebayer sellers I gave delt with - Great communications - A++++++++++ Member id chipaul ( Feedback Score Of 74Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99) Dec-10-11 17:23

Sony α (alpha) A900 24.6 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Body Only) (#220897266000) US $1,983.88

I learned the hard way when I paid for a the PS3 Gran Turismo Collectors Edition (the one with the car, keyring, book, etc.).

The seller dissappeared and stopped answering emails.

Paypal and Ebay told me to go away as I was outside the dispute period.

I contacted my Visa card company and they opened a dispute and got the money bank in a couple of days. It was very painful and took a few months of emails (you'll need a trail to convince Visa that you have tried to settle the dispute) but I did get my money back.

As people have already mentioned it's far better to wait until they are on the shelves. Also the chap could have easily waited until he had them in his hand.

In short - I'd say 100% stay clear.

I hope they other 3 speeders are released.

I already have 4 (Bruiser, Mountaineer, and 2 x Hiluxes). I did pay handsomely for them but I'm not that worried.

I'll be buying a Bruiser and one each of the others as soon as they are released.

I'll skip the brush - I think I'll survive without it.

Regards

Rizwan

You're right

Feedbacks on ebay

In fairness if you check the small print at the bottom of these listings they are for differing amounts of cameras, which explains the price differences. Having said that, its still not for me. I will be buying from someone who i have dealt with before and trust, its just not worth it. Having said that i truly hope its not a scam for all those who have bought already.

The guy on ebay has sold over 5 grand worth of Bruisers already and counting. I really hope that the deal turns out be fine for buyers.

EDIT: And to top the price the free shipping seems to apply world wide, that alone is worth almost 100USD in most cases.

Free Worldwide shipping without exclusion. Ebay seller fees about US$60. Plus the earning he expect. He must be able to get the 2012 Bruiser for about US$350 each. ;)

Free Worldwide shipping without exclusion. Ebay seller fees about US$60. Plus the earning he expect. He must be able to get the 2012 Bruiser for about US$350 each. ;)

Yeah, not even exclusions for difficult places. And this is a brand new kit (so new its not even available for a month), 350USD would be little over 1/4 of the real suggested retail price. Hmm

"Also take note that due to the volume of Asian based goods I bring in yearly that I don't pay for any freight coming in from Asia. So it's really no problem for me to offer the free shipping anywhere."

Does this make sense. If a company can enjoy free shipping because of volume. Then what is the shipping company earn?

Suppose it doesn't cost him anything to ship those 35 kits to him from Japan, he still need to send it to the buyers no matter the buyer is from US or Nigeria.

"Has anyone seen my carpetbag? I seem to have left it laying about when I last fled the scene...."

I wouldn't buy from this guy. The lady protests a little too much, methinks.

I learned the hard way when I paid for a the PS3 Gran Turismo Collectors Edition (the one with the car, keyring, book, etc.).

The seller dissappeared and stopped answering emails.

Paypal and Ebay told me to go away as I was outside the dispute period.

I contacted my Visa card company and they opened a dispute and got the money bank in a couple of days.  It was very painful and took a few months of emails (you'll need a trail to convince Visa that you have tried to settle the dispute) but I did get my money back.

As people have already mentioned it's far better to wait until they are on the shelves.  Also the chap could have easily waited until he had them in his hand.

In short - I'd say 100% stay clear.

Atleast you got your money back! I bought a Hangar 9 Corsair a few years back on eBay and went through similar ordeal with Visa.. Too much hassle. After that I started to use Amex. A little while later I was in a dispute with a seller on an OS Four Stroke. The seller wrote me an email confidently saying I would loose the dispute, given his reputation and track record on PayPal. I responded back, check with Paypal and see if your track record will win the dispute, after I do charge back with Amex. He refunded my money the same day. ;)

"Also take note that due to the volume of Asian based goods I bring in yearly that I don't pay for any freight coming in from Asia. So it's really no problem for me to offer the free shipping anywhere."

Does this make sense. If a company can enjoy free shipping because of volume. Then what is the shipping company earn?

Suppose it doesn't cost him anything to ship those 35 kits to him from Japan, he still need to send it to the buyers no matter the buyer is from US or Nigeria.

I have checked this seller too, if you notice when he was selling the cameras he was in Kailua Hawaii....now with the Bruisers he is in Long Beach Ca.

In my opinion the only way he can sell for this price ($558.00 Shipped ANYWHERE!) is if he is "jacking" the shipping container these are coming in.....things disappear off the Long Beach docks all the time!

My " BS " radar says thisis no good. Good luck to anybody who tries to buy from this guy.

Now the listing seems to be ended eventhough he only sold 13 kits out of 35 or something.

Now relisted with more info. Apparently the seller received quite a bit of emails questining the price and the business model.