RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Now relisted with more info. Apparently the seller received quite a bit of emails questining the price and the business model.

well, legit or not i still can't afford it. ;)

Now the listing seems to be ended eventhough he only sold 13 kits out of 35 or something.

Yeah there is no way I am taking a risk on that. I'll stick with an established seller.

- James

I'm wondering how is he able to go to Tamiya and preorder 35 kits ? don't you have to go to their distributors or they sell to anyone on the street as long as they place large orders? Don't sound right to me.

All we know he can import the kits cheap.

1) We don't know if his sources ( where he obtain the 35 bruiser) are legit. 2) when he gets the kits he has to ship the kits individually to all winning buyer over the place that will cost him $50-$150 to ship each kits

My good God, sometimes the posts on here are not even worth the time to read! I cannot believe you have wasted nearly 2 pages of posts on this subject! Analysing the selling history of this guy!!!!!!!

Stop talking about it and buy from him, if you think it is a good deal, do it. However, just look around and see what this kit is likely to cost elsewhere, this should spell it out simply enough for you not forgetting the 45 day ebay buyer protection! For the sake paying a few hundred more from a reputable seller or potentially losing everything to a scam, i know where i am on this.

This is going to be an expensive kit no matter how you look at it and so i am prepared and therefore will buy from Stella no matter what 'deals' i see on ebay!

forum: n: a medium/meeting place to express ideas or opinions

Don't look now but I think you just expressed an opinion!! (just like everyone else )

lol it has gone on for a bit, I for one will be sticking with Stella etc, then I am sure in the beggining peeps must of been worried about buying from these until people realised they

were legit and doing a good job, then the word spread on forums etc.

So has anyone found out anything else about the re-re bruiser yet?

So it seems you are capable of using the Google search function then Dave! And your point is what exactly?

" wasted " two pages of posts is a little harsh don't you think. It might sway someones thinking about whether to buy from this particular seller or think twice about it after reading other peoples' opinions. Just my opinion!!

btw didn't use google for definition, used my Mr. Webster on my shelf :lol:

Oh come on. $580 all in for a nib Bruiser!!!!!!!!!! 10 pages wouldn't change my opinion and make me see this for anything other than what it is!

As you quite rightly pointed out, with a definition too, this is a forum and thus everyone is entitled to an opinion, that was mine :lol:

P.s we should stop this in case we go on for two pages as well!!!

B):P agreed!

I'm wondering how is he able to go to Tamiya and preorder 35 kits ? don't you have to go to their distributors or they sell to anyone on the street as long as they place large orders? Don't sound right to me.

All we know he can import the kits cheap.

1) We don't know if his sources ( where he obtain the 35 bruiser) are legit. 2) when he gets the kits he has to ship the kits individually to all winning buyer over the place that will cost him $50-$150 to ship each kits

I know if you want to be an importer you have to get it by the pellet load .

I was looking into it with a M8 , to get rid of toy traders in Australia .

But didn't as it was going to cost way to much etc . Won't go into great

detail .

But i'm not sure how much you or he or who ever could buy the kit's for ,

As we didn't get that far .

Too me this guy is doggeeeeee by far ....

Stellamodels site now mentions

#58519 1/10 R/C Toyota 4x4 Pick Up Bruiser (RN36) - Sunday 05 February, 2012

Thanks for all the enquiries for this exciting re-release. We will reply to all enquiries very shortly.

This is sure getting exciting now!

Ended for the third time by ebay!!!

Think there trying to tell us all something?

'If something seems to good to be true it probably is'

Stellamodels site now mentions

#58519 1/10 R/C Toyota 4x4 Pick Up Bruiser (RN36) - Sunday 05 February, 2012

Thanks for all the enquiries for this exciting re-release. We will reply to all enquiries very shortly.

This is sure getting exciting now!

They must be overloaded with pre-orders. :lol:

They sold 50 Avante Black Specials within 2 days so I wouldn't be surprised if they could at least match that with this one.

We'll find out soon enough whether they have taken any notice of email requests to reserve kits, or just release the kit for open sale on a first come, first served basis !

Wonder how many stella get, lets hope its lots for all! sure is getting exciting now!

Wonder how many stella get, lets hope its lots for all! sure is getting exciting now!

The Canadian importer has 48 kits coming at first release for which 40 have been already back ordered . (Probably all of 'em now !)

They must be overloaded with pre-orders. :lol:

They sold 50 Avante Black Specials within 2 days so I wouldn't be surprised if they could at least match that with this one.

Yes I will be expecting Stella to be overloaded and when its released, the "Sorry this is on backorder notice" for some time to come with the Bruiser.. I have noticed the Avante (not the black special) kit on back order for ages now. Restock !! Arghh!! B)

Wonder when Tower will get stock, or ability to pre-order? Also wonder what Tower's price will be with discount...

Keeping an eye out...

Cheers,

Skottoman

We'll find out soon enough whether they have taken any notice of email requests to reserve kits, or just release the kit for open sale on a first come, first served basis !

I was thinking the exact same thing. I kinda hope they go for the latter, to give us all a fighting chance! :lol:

Just want to give you guys a price reference.

I am going to preorder the Bruiser from my local Tamiya dealer tomorrow. Price will be a little under US$640.

And I bought my 2011 Avante from them for US$350.

I think people should expect the Bruiser to be priced around US$750 on eBay when they hit the market.

Thats about £475 Plus say atleast £50 shipping or more maybe depending on weight!

That sounds about right to me, kinda what I was expecting. Shipping could be costly on these though.

My good God, sometimes the posts on here are not even worth the time to read! I cannot believe you have wasted nearly 2 pages of posts on this subject! Analysing the selling history of this guy!!!!!!!

Stop talking about it and buy from him, if you think it is a good deal, do it. However, just look around and see what this kit is likely to cost elsewhere, this should spell it out simply enough for you not forgetting the 45 day ebay buyer protection! For the sake paying a few hundred more from a reputable seller or potentially losing everything to a scam, i know where i am on this.

This is going to be an expensive kit no matter how you look at it and so i am prepared and therefore will buy from Stella no matter what 'deals' i see on ebay!

That is a good point, however, this epic re-re is going to be scrutinized form every angle until every level of minusha has been detailed, elxplained, and complained about (even things in the peripheral ie: unusuall prices). Just wait till it actually comes out and the whaling and gnashing of teeth that will start over the non-blister style packaging.

Furthermore, i'm already seeing a little animosity between Tamiya purists and scale purists (re-re Bruiser vs. Trailfinder 2). People get very nitpicky over these kinda things, as we all know.

On the subject of no blister packaging , surely they wont just bag the parts and throw them in a box?! Maybe something similar to what they do with the tank kits? As others have said this is an expensive kit no matter what so im sure it wont be let down by thoughtless packaging. (He says hopefully!)

Also I cant believe how many people are saying that they are going to buy this kit (at least one, maybe more) when the actual prices are still unknown. We are apparently in a global recession you know :) ! Maybe Tamiya will single-handedly get the global economy moving again with this release. Either that or the credit card companies will have a field day!

On the subject of no blister packaging , surely they wont just bag the parts and throw them in a box?! Maybe something similar to what they do with the tank kits? As others have said this is an expensive kit no matter what so im sure it wont be let down by thoughtless packaging. (He says hopefully!)

I hope there is good presentation as well. Like the re-re XR311 or tank kits as you said. But then again, I like how the High Lift Hilux is packaged. It's all nice and organized, but it screams "Build me now or you'll regret it!"...at least mine did. :)

Also I cant believe how many people are saying that they are going to buy this kit (at least one, maybe more) when the actual prices are still unknown. We are apparently in a global recession you know ;) ! Maybe Tamiya will single-handedly get the global economy moving again with this release. Either that or the credit card companies will have a field day!

I take your point - most suppliers don't have a price listed & are not taking preorders yet ... most, but not all - Fusion Hobbies have it listed at 749 GBP (or 674.10 GBP with 10% Tamiyaclub subscriber discount :) ) - I preordered mine first thing on Friday in the hope that: 1) the price will come down, and 2) that in the two months before it arrives I'll find some way - other than having it as a big debt on my credit card - of paying for it :D