RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Furthermore, i'm already seeing a little animosity between Tamiya purists and scale purists (re-re Bruiser vs. Trailfinder 2). People get very nitpicky over these kinda things, as we all know.

Well, I simply love them both myself :) .

The Bruiser re-re is from the "yester year".

The TF2 is from "today"

No comparison, really.

I'm glad the Bruiser re re has that newly tweaked tranny though, I always thought the high lift series with the low,medium,high was silly. It's nice to have the 2wd or 4wd option.

Certainly it would have sucked with the high lift tranny in there !

Well, I simply love them both myself :) .

The Bruiser re-re is from the "yester year".

The TF2 is from "today"

No comparison, really.

I'm glad the Bruiser re re has that newly tweaked tranny though, I always thought the high lift series with the low,medium,high was silly. It's nice to have the 2wd or 4wd option.

Certainly it would have sucked with the high lift tranny in there !

Honestly, I am very glad they are re-releasing the Bruiser, but, I think i'll end up going with the TF2 and making a scale Bruiser tribute so I can satisfy both my wants. I guess I could call it the Trail-Bruiser or Bruiser-Frinder :D

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out the street price of bruiser. I took the MSRP of three tamiya models off the tamiyausa site. Avante, F-350 and the Sand scorcher. I took the MSRP and divided by the price towerhobbies had listed and got an average of 1.65. So if you take Bruiser's MSRP (1295.00) and divide it by 1.65 you get 785.00. So my guess is Towerhobbies will selling Bruiser for 785.00.

My initial inquiries with the Importer for Canada and some Hobby Shops revealed that it should compete with the USA price of "around $775" give or take in Canada.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out the street price of bruiser. I took the MSRP of three tamiya models off the tamiyausa site. Avante, F-350 and the Sand scorcher. I took the MSRP and divided by the price towerhobbies had listed and got an average of 1.65. So if you take Bruiser's MSRP (1295.00) and divide it by 1.65 you get 785.00. So my guess is Towerhobbies will selling Bruiser for 785.00.

I know its a 'classic' but i'll not be buying one when the Trailfinder 2 is the better option and cheaper . I just think that paying for a name is pointless .

Honestly, I am very glad they are re-releasing the Bruiser, but, I think i'll end up going with the TF2 and making a scale Bruiser tribute so I can satisfy both my wants. I guess I could call it the Trail-Bruiser or Bruiser-Frinder :D

That's why I'm buying them both :) .

I do like the blister packs but to be honest be happy if it was just in bags etc, as I intend to build it, now if I could keep one new in box blister be great. I do love tamiya white box and art always soo good! re-re xr311 i just got is a perfect example!

I know its a 'classic' but i'll not be buying one when the Trailfinder 2 is the better option and cheaper . I just think that paying for a name is pointless .

Will anyone remember the TF2 in 20 years time ? - i dunno, time will tell i guess.

Considering for that price you could buy a full size Toyota truck, count me out. 500 us dollars maybe, but over 700, forget it. I Prefer the Mountaineer anyways, which I am sure will follow. But if the price doesn't change I am going to pass. Aren't vintage Bruisers in that ball park for a nice one as it is? Why so much for the re-re I just don't get it?

If you're right and it's on Tower for $785, then with Gold member discount of $105, that makes it $680 and free shipping.

Cheers,

Skottoman

If you're right and it's on Tower for $785, then with Gold member discount of $105, that makes it $680 and free shipping.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Might as well add another $15 of parts to make it an even $800 and use the $120 coupon. Still $680. :unsure:

Considering for that price you could buy a full size Toyota truck, count me out. 500 us dollars maybe, but over 700, forget it. I Prefer the Mountaineer anyways, which I am sure will follow. But if the price doesn't change I am going to pass. Aren't vintage Bruisers in that ball park for a nice one as it is? Why so much for the re-re I just don't get it?

Out of curiosity, I just checked Craigslist here in Portland; cheapest 3rd gen Toyota 4x4 that actually runs is $3000. There were a couple in the $1600-2500 range, but they all said they needed to be towed. There was an '87 with IFS that "needed a few things" for $2100, but that's about it. They're prized trucks. Last year I bought a nice 2WD Toyota truck for $1000 (and only got that because I was at the right place at the right time), but the 4x4s are not cheap.

I was hoping the Bruiser would be less expensive, but I'm not surprised at the price. You're talking about hundreds of hours (if not more) of design work for the new parts, tooling, testing, etc, for what is really a niche product. Even at $500 they would have to sell a bunch of them to make money. I'm sure it could have been cheaper if it were farmed out to some Chinese company, but I'm also sure the quality will be much better this way. Good stuff costs money. The influx of cheap imported junk has made us forget that.

+100, can't sleep, too excited, can't afford it though............happy and sad all in one crazy mixed up bundle, AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

I'm with you there Kym...!

58519_chassis.jpg

58519_chassisf.jpg

58519_tranny.jpg

OMG...!!!!! I just soiled myself...!!!!

Does anyone else here share the feeling that this just might be their greatest ever RC release in the 36 year history of them doing it?

I think so.. I always wanted a 3 SPEED but with the prices and the sheer lack of availability I was sure I would never.. BUT NOW...!!! AND I GET TO BUILD IT..

After reading this whole thread start to finish I need to go lay down.. (I need to work out how to get the cash...?? I just bought a supershot body set, and put in an order for the avante BS....

\

To tie this in with the subject at hand, i think the layout of this kit will be the same as the original (with blisters and Polystyrene :unsure: )

Probably not, as it's already been said elsewhere that the re-re won't feature blisters.

Vintage White box art looks good i'll agree Lee but the best vintage box ever (imo) belongs to that of the Hotshot II, in the flesh the Silver is incredible and a 'one off' too!

To tie this in with the subject at hand, i think the layout of this kit will be the same as the original (with blisters and Polystyrene :unsure: ) , the box art too except for the removal of the sponsors and '2012' printed around about the place. I also perceive the box being ever so slightly larger, i only say this as both the re re Scorcher and Avante boxes were bigger and perhaps Tamiya do this to distinguish the originals from the re issues further?

To be fair I have not seen many for real, probably about 10 or so kits of my own, one of the biggest was the juggernaut wish I took a pic now! The re-re buggy champ was good to.

Be interesting to see what brusier brings but the white box will not doubt look amazingggggggg!

Banzai Hobby has them for $651.24 :unsure:

$701 when i look !

Or £494 delivered to UK

I'm looking in Australian Dollars :unsure: I forgot most people look in US dollars

The Japanese Tamiya site has been updated with the official release date - March 17

Jeez, that's early. This thing has come from nowhere. B)

The other re-releases had a 3 to 4 month wait between finding out about it here and getting one delivered to your door.

I also perceive the box being ever so slightly larger, i only say this as both the re re Scorcher and Avante boxes were bigger and perhaps Tamiya do this to distinguish the originals from the re issues further?

Actually Paul, the re-re Scorcher & Avante boxes were the same size as the originals. I expect the Bruiser's to be also be the same, with artwork, but no blisters.

Edit : My apologies, I assume you are refering to this...

nibss_2.jpg

The most exciting bit of this for me is that the gearbox has been re-designed using epicyclic gears. They are much more efficient and it's good to see some genuinely new technology appearing in a new kit. It's been one of my gripes that the parts box always seems to be raided for new kits and actual new development is very thin on the ground. Guess I'll have to shut up for a while now B) Perhaps this is why the kit appears to have a high cost, T are hoping to recoup development costs of the 'box on the bruiser, which I'm guessing is going to sell very well judging by the response on this thread. It's a bit of no brainer that this gearbox will go on to be used in other kits, I expect future truck releases will have it, and perhaps there will be further uses for it in other scale 4x4s or monster trucks. I wouldn't worry about the fact it has plastic gears. When I was researching gearboxes for my steel king tiger, I found that epicyclic gears can take a lot more torque than their equivilent size normal gears, so it should be fairly heavy duty. All good news, hopefully the gearbox will be available as a 'hop-up' item for the rigs and hi-lifts. :(

Epicyclic gears arent a new thing though, the model T Ford had them in 1909 B)