RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Banzai Hobby has them for $651.24 B)

That's not a bad price & i see that the super hot shot is cheap as well $237.47 Australia bucks mind you .

But i want to see stellamodels price 1st .

Towerhobbies finally has it listed at $1126.99. It's good to know Tower is going to carry it. I know they will change (to/from?) map pricing eventually. Tower usually runs some good coupons and free shipping deals every once in a while.

Towerhobbies finally has it listed at $1126.99. It's good to know Tower is going to carry it. I know they will change (to/from?) map pricing eventually. Tower usually runs some good coupons and free shipping deals every once in a while.

Yes, they will adjust that price in a few weeks. They do have good coupons every few weeks too !

Well, I guess I'm one of the only guys that never really wanted one. I saw the MSRP on TamiyaUSA and at over $1,200. I know I'll never get one. Actual prices will be cheaper but there are still better and more scale type trucks out there. I am happy for the guys that really wanted this but its too much for me. Besides my wife would kill me if I brought one home.

It's a pretty sexy truck, but the price is a barrier for me especially since I have 2 XCs that will run better.

The Japanese Tamiya site has been updated with the official release date - March 17
Jeez, that's early. This thing has come from nowhere. :D

The other re-releases had a 3 to 4 month wait between finding out about it here and getting one delivered to your door.

Wow! That is early. I'd better start lifting the floorboards or selling some limbs and quickly! I was expecting April/May before we saw this. Surely someone somewhere knows more about the packaging/Box if thats the case, they must be well into production now?

Has anyone had a reply from Stella on this yet?

For those in UK, Modelsport have it listed at a discounted price of £729 :D

Well i hope they sell whatever allocation they have, as a sponsor of this site. Their price no doubt reflects the greed of Hobbyco and the British government

For those in UK, Modelsport have it listed at a discounted price of £729 :unsure:

You could buy a HPI Baja 5B 2.0 RTR for £10 cheaper than that on Modelsport

Colin.

Colin.

Thats mad then I have no where local to run a baja much as i would love one seen one for real are huge!!

Would think we know more by now 17th is like 40 days away! wheres the manual lol

Colin.

You could buy a lot of other RC car(s) for 729 quid. Much as I'm a huge devotee of the scale truck area of the hobby and much as i think the Bruiser is a beautiful looking kit its appeal in 2012 is ever so slightly lost on me, and that's perhaps in part to do with the price. Its quite telling that over on the RC crawler forums not that many people seem to be paying it much attention. A few people share my view that Tamiya are too late to the game with this re-re. Its just not going to have the impact on the scale market, outside of hardcore Tamiya enthusiasts, that it would have done a few years ago, certainly at the price it is.

Anyway out of the scale enthusiasts that do end up forking out for it I'm really keen to see what mods people do on it. There's clearly a lot of potential with the newly tweaked chassis to do something interesting now that it works better.

Well i don;t disagree with any of the above comments, but for me i know , if i do build it, i won't be running it as a crawler/scaler - just very light use on beach/grass at most. I could blow £600 or so on RC4WD chassis , axles, leafs, shocks, transmission, and body etc - i'd have a great basis for a scale project but Tamiya have the look i'd be more than happy to achieve, and i don't have to think about it.

Uk pricing is a bit rich it has to be said - especially when you could get an Axial Wraith and a Exo buggy for the same money. but they aren't the Bruiser and it has its charm and thankfully Tamiya seem to have retianed that with some additional, if not state of the art, improvements

Wow just seen on modelsport the latest super clodbuster is £299!! omg

Im hoping to bruiser from Stella still waiting on price but expect it to be a good price, well i prayin so!

Wow just seen on modelsport the latest super clodbuster is £299!! omg

Im hoping to bruiser from Stella still waiting on price but expect it to be a good price, well i prayin so!

Modelsport are having a laugh. My local store in Salisbury had one the window for £200 last autumn. And if they can make a profit on it at that price then I'm sure modelsport can be more competitive than that. :unsure:

Been thinking a lot about this beast the last few days... it may end up being too rich for my blood. I really want to build one, but I've sort of cooled on the scale-truck scene. And the more I think about it, the more I really want another Clod Buster. And then there's this other vintage re-re that I've always wanted too... and those two together add up to a Bruiser.

At any rate, I have a few months to decide, and plenty of stuff to keep me busy for the summer.

This is a great re issue and is on my list for sure but i will be standing well clear of the initial stampede. I am patient and i can wait, took me 12 months to get an Avante 2011 and that was up there with the Bruiser as a kid.

This isn't a limited edition kit so i am a little perplexed as why there is so much panic surrounding this, is it really that much of an issue to get one 6 months later or is that ergonomically designed brush just too good to pass up!? :lol::P

I am hoping to get one from stella but will wait until later if dont get one from first batch, would love to buy from UK to but can see it being around £200 more from UK at mo.

For me the Bruiser is my fav to out the original 3 speeds so lucky its first out lol. Be interesting to see how they sell after like 6 months of release as remembr the buggy champ was reduced in price from initial launch.

I would be better of waiting to really as have other kits on the go to finish still. Be nice to just look at it to be honest in box and read manual hehe!

The reason people are probably so keen to get one immediately will have a lot do with the fact that this release has been desired for a very long time so if people have got the funds then there is little point in hanging around waiting to get one.

Put it this way, if you were a youngster and you went into the local hobby shop with your dad and he said you could either have your cherished Tamiya kit now or you can wait till Xmas....well your hardly gonna say "Oh I'll just wait, Dad" are ya? :P

Irrational excitement is a large part of what this hobby is all about. :lol:

You could buy a lot of other RC car(s) for 729 quid. Much as I'm a huge devotee of the scale truck area of the hobby and much as i think the Bruiser is a beautiful looking kit its appeal in 2012 is ever so slightly lost on me, and that's perhaps in part to do with the price. Its quite telling that over on the RC crawler forums not that many people seem to be paying it much attention. A few people share my view that Tamiya are too late to the game with this re-re. Its just not going to have the impact on the scale market, outside of hardcore Tamiya enthusiasts, that it would have done a few years ago, certainly at the price it is.

Anyway out of the scale enthusiasts that do end up forking out for it I'm really keen to see what mods people do on it. There's clearly a lot of potential with the newly tweaked chassis to do something interesting now that it works better.

Can you throw up some links to the crawler forum discussions you have described?

The thing is, this release is aimed at vintage Tamiya enthusiasts 1st & foremost and scale/crawler guys a distant second. Let's face it, those guys have been petitioning for it to happen for a decade and Tamiya have basically ignored them. IMO it has arrived because of the sales success of the re-release Buggy Champ, Sand Scorcher & Avante. If they had bombed then this would not be happening.

I seriously doubt that Tamiya is concerned about whether this appeals to the crawler market or not. They have been doing things their own way for a long time now and know that they already have a fanbase that will make this kit a success. Anything on top of that is a bonus.

Can the Bruiser be classed as a crawler anyway? It's in a completely different category to a TXT-1 or a GMade R1. To me it's just another off road car designed to do normal stuff whereas the other two are quite freakish things that are specifically created for rather abnormal terrain.

This is a great re issue and is on my list for sure but i will be standing well clear of the initial stampede. I am patient and i can wait, took me 12 months to get an Avante 2011 and that was up there with the Bruiser as a kid.

This isn't a limited edition kit so i am a little perplexed as why there is so much panic surrounding this, is it really that much of an issue to get one 6 months later or is that ergonomically designed brush just too good to pass up!? :lol::P

I agree with this 100%, I initially was super excited and thought "I need this straight away". But sensibility has kicked in and I figure I waited for my scorcher, and my Avante, so I'm sure I can wait for this one. I find that I'll read a few build threads first and really make up my mind after that. Don't get me wrong, this release is awesome, and I'm sure there's a bruiser in my future.

...Its quite telling that over on the RC crawler forums not that many people seem to be paying it much attention.
Can you throw up some links to the crawler forum discussions you have described?

Can the Bruiser be classed as a crawler anyway? It's in a completely different category to a TXT-1 or a GMade R1. To me it's just another off road car designed to do normal stuff whereas the other two are quite freakish things that are specifically created for rather abnormal terrain.

I noticed that too, even the old 'Monster' forums aren't that excited, and considering there was a 'Bruiser rerelease petition' running for years...

I guess dewey eyed sentimentallity has given way to the appreciation of capability over looks

A lot of the 'old skool' crawlers started off on Clods, and the demand for a Bruiser (3sp etc) rere was always talked about even as far back as 2002 when I got into Clods

Warning, clicking links below takes you to 'the internet' and away from the cosy confines of TC :P

RCMT; http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthread.php?...ghlight=bruiser

Clodtalk (7 posts :lol:); http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&...p;hilit=bruiser

RC Crawler; http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-sca...se-bruiser.html and http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/3...oming-back.html

I've found a Bruiser petion, started in 2007, can't find the older one... http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tamiyab...ease/signatures

Edit; the 2k2 version; HERE from this post; THIS TOPIC

More fun HERE

I noticed that too, even the old 'Monster' forums aren't that excited, and considering there was a 'Bruiser rerelease petition' running for years...

I guess dewey eyed sentimentallity has given way to the appreciation of capability over looks

A lot of the 'old skool' crawlers started off on Clods, and the demand for a Bruiser (3sp etc) rere was always talked about even as far back as 2002 when I got into Clods

Warning, clicking links below takes you to 'the internet' and away from the cosy confines of TC :lol:

Clodtalk (7 posts :P ); http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&...p;hilit=bruiser

RC Crawler; http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-sca...se-bruiser.html and http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/3...oming-back.html

I've found a Bruiser petion, started in 2007, can't find the older one... http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/tamiyab...ease/signatures

More fun HERE

Warning, clicking links below takes you to 'the internet' and away from the cosy confines of TC biggrin.gif NO!!!! , I can't do it :lol: ..... & Whats this internet you talking about ?? . TC is the internet :lol: .

Warning, clicking links below takes you to 'the internet' and away from the cosy confines of TC :P

Clodtalk (7 posts :lol:); http://www.clodtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&...p;hilit=bruiser

More fun HERE

I must have missed something here, most of the comments on those threads were hugely positive with the odd grumbling about the price compared to the Trailfinder 2.

Like I say, any scale/crawler enthusiasts who think this has been brought back for them are kidding themselves. It is very telling that they are mystified as to why Tamiya did not put standard hexes on the axles and simply kept the original format.

Complaining about the comparitive price to a RC4wd is a bit like someone grumbling about the cost of a Porsche 911 when a Ford Focus RS offers the same performance at half the cost. For as long as we have been enthusiasts Tamiya kits have been pricey. Like it or not that is at least partly why there is so much kudos around the brand.

How interesting - i didn't know anyone else made RC models :lol: