RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I do not bring this up to stir anything, but only to warn anyone here that may have been involved with the following eBay auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220947409507

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220948276791

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220948404678 (This auction was deleted by eBay, but was for the same item as the first two, and had 1 sale before it was removed last I saw it.)

The three above auctions were for the Tamiya Bruiser 2012 pre-order for $558.00 and free shipping.

I contacted the seller today to ask what the plan was. Mostly I was curious. I did not buy anything, but was curious what the next step would be for the seller.

This is the response (bold emphasis is mine):

"I have no information about that item or barely know what it is other than a 4X4 truck. I never created the listing and never made any money from it either. The person who had gained access to my eBay account changed my personal information as well as my original PayPal account information so no funds for that item was ever seen or received by me. This is why I am advising people contact eBay and or PayPal right away in filing a claim for the transaction. Currently I'm battling selling fees on my account that is over 600 dollars."

I love it when they make up stories just to steal peoples moneies think about it....he sold what over the course of the intial annoucement and now he has got their money out of paypal and has ran. Selling 10 kits alone is what 5k or so selling 30 kits or more well you get the idea.....it was worth it to abandon his ebey account for that much money/.

I always though the bruiser was supposed to look like Billy Joe Bob ( no offence intended :)) had done the conversion himself to blat through a mud pit. I didn't think looks matter to much with the track widths being like that in fact it may help in the bog, the rear staying a little higher in the mud than it would if it had the same track, same with the wheels tyres I think they would work much better than what you get on the high lift in a bog, I was a strange kid. I also so imagined he slept in the in there :)

I remember seeing the real deal, the trucks they used seemed pretty mad and just as crawlers are customised for what the do, so were the mud wallowers. Will report on my theory when I get one and run it in a scale bog :(

I'm going to 'off road' the heck out of it and I'm sure it will cope then slowly change it to perfect it to how I want it, if it falls short,

Here's an awsome pix of the original Bruiser going through mud from a member here, forgot his name.

This is what the Bruiser was build for :)

post-1471-1329090726_thumb.jpg

Yup, with those locked diffs and stuff, that is it's home.

Interesting, Mongoose. I have only seen that tread pattern on graders and Bobcats, not on anything of that size and proportions and also that Tamiya printed that product name on the sidewalls.

I always though the bruiser was supposed to look like Billy Joe Bob ( no offence intended ;) ) had done the conversion himself to blat through a mud pit. I didn't think looks matter to much with the track widths being like that in fact it may help in the bog, the rear staying a little higher in the mud than it would if it had the same track, same with the wheels tyres I think they would work much better than what you get on the high lift in a bog, I was a strange kid. I also so imagined he slept in the in there :)

I remember seeing the real deal, the trucks they used seemed pretty mad and just as crawlers are customised for what the do, so were the mud wallowers. Will report on my theory when I get one and run it in a scale bog :)

I'm going to 'off road' the heck out of it and I'm sure it will cope then slowly change it to perfect it to how I want it, if it falls short,

I always though the bruiser was supposed to look like Billy Joe Bob ( no offence intended smile.gif)

Well i Took a offense & a gate & the cat on the last drive ;):o

and also that Tamiya printed that product name on the sidewalls.

Do you mean "All-Traction Utility" is on the sidewalls of the original Bruiser tyres? If that's the case, I have a new one in my spares box that I had no idea what it came from.

Do you mean "All-Traction Utility" is on the sidewalls of the original Bruiser tyres? If that's the case, I have a new one in my spares box that I had no idea what it came from.

I think it was.... I can't check because I sold my original tyres to a guy who wanted to restore one... but my Blackfoot had that and they were of the same mold, just softer.

I think it was.... I can't check because I sold my original tyres to a guy who wanted to restore one... but my Blackfoot had that and they were of the same mold, just softer.

Yes it says that on the tyres on my bruiser .

I have heard the bruiser is being re-re, is this true and does anybody know when? and any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks for your help

Tamiya.mad ;)

I have heard the bruiser is being re-re, is this true and does anybody know when? and any idea how much it will cost?

Thanks for your help

Tamiya.mad ;)

26 pages of fact, speculation and evereything else you could ever want to know about the return of the Bruiser! TC Re-Release Foum ;)

[Topics now merged]

Thanks for your help

Tamiya.mad ;)

;) This needs to be return to sender .

Start at page one of this topic . It will prevail all info .

Reading around the net about the reaction to the Bruiser I also browsed over old conversations about the possibilities, long before the "dream" became reality. ;)

The following is a comment made by someone in 2002(!) about the chances of it happening, a guy who claimed to have a source within Tamiya Japan. Pretty incisive actually and confirms what many of us (with a few notable exceptions) on here thought about making it in metal, available tooling and how released kits are influenced by the online RC community. It also confirms the thoughts in my post a few pages back on how the nostalgia scene really took off 5 or 6 years ago, and Tamiya's reaction to it. I wonder what the same guy thinks now that the Bruiser has finally come back?

Unfortunately, my sources in Japan have been very tight lipped about whether or not Tamiya is planning another re-release or a newer, cheaper version.

I believe that they have the technology, they are just waiting for the industry to have a "nostalgia" period. Right now, the market is saturated with monster trucks, and that is potentially causing Tamiya to hold their plans. Perhaps when things calm down, Tamiya will release something.

What I would do to help pressure Tamiya is for more magazine exposure of the truck and more articles like the "Rubicon Trail" that R/C Car did a few months ago. As more and more people get exposure to the truck, demand will go up.

You'd be amazed at just HOW MUCH the internet influences the R/C manufacturers. In fact, when Tamiya had released the Mountaineer; had the internet been so influential then, as it is now, we probably would still have the kit on the store shelves.

Interesting, Mongoose. I have only seen that tread pattern on graders and Bobcats, not on anything of that size and proportions and also that Tamiya printed that product name on the sidewalls.
Yes, the tires used in the Bruiser are the exact scale of the Firestone I posted a picture of, earlier on. All's there except for the "Firestone" logo. Perhaps there was some licensing issues to it?

Anyway, I had a look today at the pictures in external my HD and got to find some pics of trucks using those tires.

blackfootwheels2.jpg

blackfootwheels-1.jpg

BFwheels221.jpg

That early 80's datsun rocks Erich!

I think tamiya should make a hardbody of that for the bruiser chassis next :lol:

That early 80's datsun rocks Erich!

I think tamiya should make a hardbody of that for the bruiser chassis next :lol:

Big Bear anyone?

Would be interesting to know which bodies would run similar chassis to bruiser, and if that includes any more modern bodies or not! I do like the more modern hilux on high lift 3 speed with the surf boards etc, just looks a bit wrong with those small wheels/tyres.

To me the bruiser is a vehicle atleast here in UK you would only see on beach or off road its got far to big tyres and wide track for road I would imagine. I have seen hilux's etc jacked up with very large tyres but not that big! lol

There's been a lot of gloves to the face of the Bruiser here, I think it's time to through down the gauntlet!

I've been thinking, what we need to is a stock Bruiser challenge! Og and rere vs all the pretenders to the throne mention in this thread and any others in stock form.

1. Mud Bogging - 6-10 foot of quality mud see who comes through to the other side and time and style points. (t&p ps)

2. Scale running a course like they have for 1.1 4x4s. t&s ps

3. Beach running including getting the wheels wet and blasting in the dunes and a good old drag race sat 30 foot. t&s ps

4. Jumps having never really jumped rcs' I'll ask someone else to put in the parameters, as long as there is at least one over other cars :) t&p ps

We need video posts or links as proof so if you own both models or you can get any two together and film them. You can use existing films as long as its the same terrain for both vehicles.

I could start an other thread but as this ones gone of a bit of track any way I thought I would start it hear.

I think over all the Bruiser og and the rere will come out on top, then the battle between og and rere can begin!

Hope you like the idea, lets see what happens will these other trucks be up for the challenge or will the all just shy away? ;)

I really hope the rere is a viable chassis for a lot of quality hard bodies and Tamiya run with it. All the 3 speeds then I would love to see an early 80's Nissan patrol nice and boxy :) That Datsun is cool though :)

Cheers skywhelp

Would be interesting to know which bodies would run similar chassis to bruiser, and if that includes any more modern bodies or not! I do like the more modern hilux on high lift 3 speed with the surf boards etc, just looks a bit wrong with those small wheels/tyres.

To me the bruiser is a vehicle atleast here in UK you would only see on beach or off road its got far to big tyres and wide track for road I would imagine. I have seen hilux's etc jacked up with very large tyres but not that big! lol

It's actually not the wheels, it's the ride height. If you remove the blocks under the leaf springs and drop the body, then the wheels look more proportional. They really meant high - lift on the kit lol.

I'm also looking forward to the bruisers metal axles and u-joints. The 3 speed High-lift uses very brittle plastic... My leaf spring holders are all cracked.

[Topics merged]

Does anybody know if the bruiser is going to be re-released? If so when and for How much, would really like to get my hands on one!! :D

Thanks

Tamiya.mad

[Topics merged]

Does anybody know if the bruiser is going to be re-released? If so when and for How much, would really like to get my hands on one!! :)

Thanks

Tamiya.mad

If you read the 28 pages of info that may help you . " IN this thread " :D

Does any body read the threads b4 posting theses days ..... :D

Thanks for your help

Tamiya.mad :D

Does anybody know if the bruiser is going to be re-released? If so when and for How much, would really like to get my hands on one!! :D

You want this; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...Search&f=50