RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Actually skywhelp, I would not be so certain of an og win there... Granted, the torque of the RS750 would be good in the sand and mud, but with any luck the rere has a modern compound tyre and that would make a world of difference. I'd be interested to see the out come.... and the event it's self.

I am a Retail Hobby Shop in the USA and have 10 on order. Expected date is end on March up to April 15th. As far as the price goes dealer cost is more than 680.00 and I buy from the company that owns Tower Hobbies and was told discount coupons were not going to be accepted but you no Tower. As far as the ebay deal it was a complete scam and paypal is refunding over 18,000 us dollars to buyers who already paid. My price will be 700.00 plus shipping if they come in at proposed cost but that sometimes increases before release date.

If interested let me know because they are sold out at Tamiya USA, Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobbies. I will not promise release date or price but I only make up 8% over cost and actual shipping charges.

Shop Information.

Nitro Toys And Hobbies RacePlex

1-601-664-9002

www.nitrotoysandhobbies.com

Lee

Champ International quoted me 56574Yen which is somewhere around £480 or $800; plus shipping

Hi B.M.T I really don't have an opinion on which Bruiser, og or rere would win, just they both would wipe the floor with the newer pretenders overall, it seems a lot of people are dismissing the rere before running it, the main event would be old vs new Bruiser, the others just a warm up act :angry:

I suppose finding people who would be willing to run their originals in competition with reres, would narrow down the possibles, but I'm sure some would, in the name of ending the unfounded claims of whats really best performance wise.

I think it would make great viewing and get to see the different terrain people run in from around the world.

I would, but I don't have my original shoes... I have Imex Swamp Dawgs on there now. Will that matter?

I'm guessing that if they both have the same tyres, it counts as fair over the same terrain? Otherwise I guess people would say it's the tyre, not the truck giving an advantage. You'll probably get people saying the truck that went first or last had an unfair advantage as well, but what can you do?

Do you know if the wheels can just be swapped over, or if tamiya have changed anything? If you planning to get the rere, I forgot to ask, or if you know someone who is? If the Imex are much better than stock it would also highlight the trucks strength/weakness which would be good.

I say if you willing to put you truck up, you pointed out the tyre change, I'd welcome it as a contender!

Looking forward to seeing your results :(

Also should we start a new thread? It is Bruiser rere related but may be better in another. If it's not back to back og vs rere I should be able to throw some film in the mix one I get my hands on the rere.

Cheers skywhelp

Hi B.M.T I really don't have an opinion on which Bruiser, og or rere would win, just they both would wipe the floor with the newer pretenders overall, it seems a lot of people are dismissing the rere before running it, the main event would be old vs new Bruiser, the others just a warm up act <_<

I suppose finding people who would be willing to run their originals in competition with reres, would narrow down the possibles, but I'm sure some would, in the name of ending the unfounded claims of whats really best performance wise.

I think it would make great viewing and get to see the different terrain people run in from around the world.

I suppose some of the outcome would depend upon whether or not diff locks were allowed or not. The re-re front axle has a diff versus the roller hubs on the original. Going forwards the roller hubs will have a grip advantage over an open diff, but are useless when you want to go backwards compared with an open diff. With regard to the 'competion' to the bruiser, do these vehicles come as standard with the diffs locked or not, and if not, would it be allowed to lock them ??? If not, I suspect the Og bruiser would have a massive advantage with the solid rear axle and roller hubs up front.

Hi MadInventor, if the rere can lock diffs as a stock option, like the locked included with the CC-01 then it's ok or if its a physical lock it comes with. not if you have to buy a part or mod it. This will effect the overall score as well, the ease of locking / unlocking. How well the diffs work, against the roller hubs.

I thought running them in an out of the box build would be the fairest way, you can tune it with parts that are in the box.

Once the stock winner has decided, then we can do it again, for home made mod class, then one for after market hop-ups may be split into under £100, £100-£250, £250-£500, I think there may be some over that so they can just go into skies the limit class!

It may even get some Bruisers back into action, which has got to be good!

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade ... but I was shocked :D when I saw the MSRP for this over the weekend ... around 89,700yen which is about USD 1,130. So TamiyaUSA pricing is not far from there.

Realistically, I think it could be around USD 950 retail when it hits the shelf, which, sadly is way out of my budget (as tempting as it may be to have the opportunity to build a Bruiser). I can think of many things I can do with that kind of money.

I am hoping ;) the exchange rate gods favor us and make it cheaper when it finally hits the shelves early March.

Edit: 89,800 yen to be exact.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade ... but I was shocked :blink: when I saw the MSRP for this over the weekend ... around 89,700yen which is about USD 1,130. So TamiyaUSA pricing is not far from there.

Realistically, I think it could be around USD 950 retail when it hits the shelf, which, sadly is way out of my budget (as tempting as it may be to have the opportunity to build a Bruiser). I can think of many things I can do with that kind of money.

I am hoping :P the exchange rate gods favor us and make it cheaper when it finally hits the shelves early March.

MSRP is not street price (as discussed everytime a new release is made :P )

http://www.rpphobby.com/Tamiya_RC_Toyota_B..._p/tam58519.htm

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNCARV

I'm sure people don't read through the hole thread B4 they post :P

I'm sure people don't read through the hole thread B4 they post :P

Thats because you can build a Holiday Buggy in less time than it takes to read this thread :blink:

Thats because you can build a Holiday Buggy in less time than it takes to read this thread :blink:

:P So how was the build then :P . :P

There's been a lot of gloves to the face of the Bruiser here, I think it's time to through down the gauntlet!

I've been thinking, what we need to is a stock Bruiser challenge! Og and rere vs all the pretenders to the throne mention in this thread and any others in stock form.

1. Mud Bogging - 6-10 foot of quality mud see who comes through to the other side and time and style points. (t&p ps)

2. Scale running a course like they have for 1.1 4x4s. t&s ps

3. Beach running including getting the wheels wet and blasting in the dunes and a good old drag race sat 30 foot. t&s ps

4. Jumps having never really jumped rcs' I'll ask someone else to put in the parameters, as long as there is at least one over other cars :P t&p ps

We need video posts or links as proof so if you own both models or you can get any two together and film them. You can use existing films as long as its the same terrain for both vehicles.

I could start an other thread but as this ones gone of a bit of track any way I thought I would start it hear.

I think over all the Bruiser og and the rere will come out on top, then the battle between og and rere can begin!

Hope you like the idea, lets see what happens will these other trucks be up for the challenge or will the all just shy away? :blink:

I really hope the rere is a viable chassis for a lot of quality hard bodies and Tamiya run with it. All the 3 speeds then I would love to see an early 80's Nissan patrol nice and boxy :P That Datsun is cool though :P

Cheers skywhelp

I think you might be on to something! Someone should do a youtube video of the comparison of the two! The re-re and the original. on the bench comparison and on the ground running comparison! OSR

MSRP is not street price (as discussed everytime a new release is made )

True,but pricewise I experienced that the Bruiser in general will be not as cheap as we all expected it to be in the beginning:Today i was told the "ordinary street price" in Europe (switzerland-to be precise)->the Bruiser is listed here above 1000$ :P . My guess would have been somewhere around 850. When i compare the prices in European shops that have it listed allready,there's not really much discount to be expected...

Therefore i'm wondering if german distributor Seidel is really going to hold his promised 600Euros?!? Would not surprise me if Seidel is going to revise these 600 upwards in the near future because he's not taking preorders before the bruiser is effectively available

Yes I am aware that RRP/MSRP does not equate to actual street price 99.9% of the time with Tamiya :P

Based on the price of say the Hi-Lift for example (MSRP 45,000), street price is USD 439.99 @ Tower, it seems probable that the eventual street price for the Bruiser could be near the USD 850-950 mark.

Some sellers might get a better bulk discount, hence taking pre-orders at various prices, but we are talking about a relatively large kit here, so bulk orders could be costly to stock (especially for shipping), unless you're a large scale Tamiya distributor bringing in stock by the container load where the smaller margins made on these big kits could be offset by the higher margins to be made selling those hard to get spare parts. And some of these sellers might just do this for a couple of kits and then list them as out of stock, just to gauge interest to know how many kits to order, then revise the price accordingly.

... I'm just saying you know ... just my opinion.

Hi good people!

Just wondering, is the (original/vintage) Bruiser's 'suspension setup' as hard/stiff as the 'high-lifts' series?

Thanks

Mongoose, you always have the best pictures!
Ha ha. Vielen Dank! :)

Well, it's only a matter of days for you all to have the Bruiser back in your hobby tables again!

Here's what I did with my vintage one, but...

bruiser.jpg

...would like to have a chance to work something like this with the new one, "someday" :)

mounty11.jpg

mounty12.jpg

Based on the price of say the Hi-Lift for example (MSRP 45,000), street price is USD 439.99 @ Tower, it seems probable that the eventual street price for the Bruiser could be near the USD 850-950 mark.

As I posted earlier, you can order at Tower for $799.99.

Using the Gold Member discount of $120 (and free shippping in the USA), the total for the kit from Tower delivered = $679.99

I am a Retail Hobby Shop in the USA and have 10 on order. Expected date is end on March up to April 15th. As far as the price goes dealer cost is more than 680.00 and I buy from the company that owns Tower Hobbies and was told discount coupons were not going to be accepted but you no Tower. As far as the ebay deal it was a complete scam and paypal is refunding over 18,000 us dollars to buyers who already paid. My price will be 700.00 plus shipping if they come in at proposed cost but that sometimes increases before release date.

If interested let me know because they are sold out at Tamiya USA, Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobbies. I will not promise release date or price but I only make up 8% over cost and actual shipping charges.

Shop Information.

Nitro Toys And Hobbies RacePlex

1-601-664-9002

www.nitrotoysandhobbies.com

Lee

Just to clear up any confusion or rumors, Tamiya America Inc. is not "Sold Out". We are still taking orders for the stock we have coming for our customers. So in other words, our Distributors are still ordering and can still order.

...would like to have a chance to work something like this with the new one, "someday" :D

mounty11.jpg

Ahh, is that the Jun Watanabe version? :lol: