RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I guess new box is taller but overall size is hopefully smaller, I hope it is for less shipping lol

any chance of weight and box dimensions Janderson?

The new box looks to me to be about the same length as the old one but shorter in height....ie about that of an Avante box.

Its not going to be much lighter though - a bit less cardboard with no blister packs, but the plastic bags aren't much lighter than the plastic blister - overall 100g lighter, still not enough to dip under any single kit shipping rate rate changes ?

Wohoo! I love the box i love the box i love the box!! Fantastic! Couldn't stop and placed my order today... :(

Somebody can tell me what's on this black sticker saying on the right corner?(pictures are all a bit dark to read it clearly...)

Wohoo! I love the box i love the box i love the box!! Fantastic! Couldn't stop and placed my order today... :(

Somebody can tell me what's on this black sticker saying on the right corner?(pictures are all a bit dark to read it clearly...)

It's the "Bonus Parts" sticker, denoting the inclusion of the cleaning brush included with the 1st production run of kits.

Joe, the picture on the TamiyaUSA website that shows the shift position, drive wheel engagement and gear ratios has the 1st gear and 3rd gear ratios swapped.

This is how it looks now:

58519-shift.jpg

This is how it should look:

58519-shift2.jpg

Been looking at the manual for 2 or so hours & looking at the box pic's .

Just lovin it . Thanks for the info people .

Looks to be a great build & i'm happy with the out come . Good to be able to

build the gearbox . " Yes " There is nothing to stop you making it a mountaineer .

With a few bit's .

Its not going to be much lighter though - a bit less cardboard with no blister packs, but the plastic bags aren't much lighter than the plastic blister - overall 100g lighter, still not enough to dip under any single kit shipping rate rate changes ?

A lot of international shipping is done by volume or weight, whichever is greater - A pretty, blister-packed kit has a lot more air/wasted space in it than a 'modern' kit and a larger box=more ££ to ship - not much of a problem when you're only buying one, but when you're shipping pallets to distributors it'll make all the difference;

3kg in a box 45x30x20 to Germany costs 41.63 by DHL

3kg 45x60x30 costs £71.35

Perhaps the size of a blister-packed Bruiser would've cost too much more in shipping

Well... Full bearings, and a build-it-yourself gearbox. And a separate camper top, in case you don't like it. All my excuses for not getting one are gone. Guess I gotta buy one now.

video from tamiya usa on youtube for the bruiser

Nice video. The box may not be quite the size of the original but it is still BIG. :P

What I don't get though is if box dimensions are so important in relation to shipping costs then why do they waste such space on a monster box like that of the XB Blackfoot 3??

Joe already started the Bruiser build at Tamiya USA site. The box size is 27.5" x 16.75" x 7"

Modellbau-Seidel has raised the price from EUR 599 to EUR 649 :P

if they have more enquiries than allocation, then why wouldn;t they - back to good old supply and demand. Question now is after the initial rush will the price drop back ? If it does do you really want to spend €50 on a tyre cleaning brush ?

Remember this is not a limited production kit

Modellbau-Seidel has raised the price from EUR 599 to EUR 649

that was my gloomy prediction...but still cheaper than anywhere else in Europe at the moment.

On the other side i noticed that some shops that went in with a very high starting price have been lowering drastically their offer :P

Joe already started the Bruiser build at Tamiya USA site. The box size is 27.5" x 16.75" x 7"

Can anyone here provide the dimensions of the original box so that we can compare the two?

Can anyone here provide the dimensions of the original box so that we can compare the two?

27.5" x 16.75" x 7" New

28.25 x 19.625 x 5.625 Old

27.5" x 16.75" x 7" New

I thought the box looked taller than the old one, seems to be more common taller box rather than flatter, now for maths boffins is the volume of the box still the same? i am not good at maths but I make volume of new

box larger than old doing a quick calc!

I've never been interested in this kit but after seeing the box/ video on TamiyaUSA, I think I might have to get one :D **** this thread is infectious!

27.5" x 16.75" x 7" New

Cheers for that.

Are you sure that the height is only 28.25 though? That is only 3/4 of an inch shorter in height and it really looks more than that because the original is more square looking compared to the rectangular looking re-release.

Edit : Ignore the above paragraph. :D

Nice to see that the new one is deeper too. B)

So there you go, in that video

, straight form Tamiya, the old tooling was lost.

Cheers for that.

Are you sure that the height is only 28.25 though? That is only 3/4 of an inch shorter in height and it really looks more than that because the original is more square looking compared to the rectangular looking re-release.

Nice to see that the new one is deeper too. :D

dont you mean the length is 28.25? usually its length x width x height!

So there you go, in that video
, straight form Tamiya, the old tooling was lost.

Thanks B.M.T , That was a good video . I think they have NO idea about tamiya at all .

Just the way it was presented , O well great vid any way .

dont you mean the length is 28.25? usually its length x width x height!

Doh! Yeah your right. Just ignore me. :D

....I think they have NO idea about tamiya at all .

I tend to agree with you. You get the impression that Japan are very secretive about what goes on over there.

If they did completely retool for the Bruiser though it makes you wonder how much retooling they did for the other re-releases. If most of them have been built again from scratch that suggests even further that the re-releases are good sellers and make a profit for the company or else they wouldn't keep bringing even more of them back.