RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I tend to agree with you. You get the impression that Japan are very secretive about what goes on over there.

If they did completely retool for the Bruiser though it makes you wonder how much retooling they did for the other re-releases. If most of them have been built again from scratch that suggests even further that the re-releases are good sellers and make a profit for the company or else they wouldn't keep bringing even more of them back.

Well, the rereSRB's have very different castings to the original ones. The gap between the hinge "lugs" for the rear A arms is about 4mm wider on the new ones.

I reckon the plastic rere's would be more true, as Tamiya being a plastics comany would of handled the molding in house and maintained their molds themselves. The alloy parts (as alluded to in the video) would of been subcontracted to foundries.

Well, the rereSRB's have very different castings to the original ones. The gap between the hinge "lugs" for the rear A arms is about 4mm wider on the new ones.

I reckon the plastic rere's would be more true, as Tamiya being a plastics comany would of handled the molding in house and maintained their molds themselves. The alloy parts (as alluded to in the video) would of been subcontracted to foundries.

Good points, makes sense when you think about it.

My 6 year old daughter watched that video with me. She couldn't understand why I was so excited. All she said was: "That man's head is shiney." :D Gosh darn it. I had resolved to not buy one because of the price, but after watching the vid my mind has changed.

Well the box sizes quoted are the same size as my Scania R470. So i thought i'd go onto Stella's site and see how much they charge for shipping that kit at that size box. The quoted shipping price to the U.K. was $78.50 which according to their site is for up to 30kg in weight. Now i know the Bruiser is heavy but its not 30kg!!!!

So i would expect the bruiser to be around this figure.

Here's hoping

Colin.

Well the box sizes quoted are the same size as my Scania R470. So i thought i'd go onto Stella's site and see how much they charge for shipping that kit at that size box. The quoted shipping price to the U.K. was $78.50 which according to their site is for up to 30kg in weight. Now i know the Bruiser is heavy but its not 30kg!!!!

So i would expect the bruiser to be around this figure.

Here's hoping

Colin.

Makes sense no way be more than 30kg, so be $778 at mo then! which be about £490 all in if dont get custom charges of course!

Is it worth it? I think so now especially seeing manual be an epic build, In manual page 28 says extra gears use as spares for transmission!

Also the full ball bearings to!

Hi..!

That video was fantastic...!! A new Bruiser ready to be build with no moral issues...! :-) Have you notice that the body set is actualy a High-Lift body which initialy was a Mountaineer modified body to accept leds etc...and the rea cab now comes as a separate part.. :D So, we can either build the Bruiser body or build a Mountaineer with onlt a roll bar and a decal set.!

Not so bad idea after all...

Cheers

Makes sense no way be more than 30kg, so be $778 at mo then! which be about £490 all in if dont get custom charges of course!

Is it worth it? I think so now especially seeing manual be an epic build, In manual page 28 says extra gears use as spares for transmission!

Also the full ball bearings to!

Let's hope Stella stick to their price of $700 then. Or, better still, manage to lower it. :D

27.5" x 16.75" x 7" New

28.25 x 19.625 x 5.625 Old

I thought the box looked taller than the old one, seems to be more common taller box rather than flatter, now for maths boffins is the volume of the box still the same? i am not good at maths but I make volume of new

box larger than old doing a quick calc!

Yup, the new box, according to the dimensions given, is bigger than the old one; 52.83L compared to 51.103 http://www.ookingdom.com/metric/dim-to-capacity

Three possible choices Tamiya could give for no blisters then;

• Couldn't be bothered
  • You're supposed to build it, we're saving trees by not including waste
  • We thought it'd be funny

:D

Yup, the new box, according to the dimensions given, is bigger than the old one; 52.83L compared to 51.103 http://www.ookingdom.com/metric/dim-to-capacity

Three possible choices Tamiya could give for no blisters then;

• Couldn't be bothered
  • You're supposed to build it, we're saving trees by not including waste
  • We thought it'd be funny

:D

B)

I suspect it's to do with the cost of knocking up the blisters. Makes you wonder how much the two re-re SRBs and Avantes would have cost without them.

I think maybe you guys are taking the "like a kid a Christmas" thing a little too far: ignoring the toy, but being fascinated by the box it comes in... :D

Thanks B.M.T I had just watched the the Tamiya channel un-boxing last night. In this vid it was like a multiple choice for missing / damaged / out of action supplier :D.

I did see another vid from the fair in the background of the slow running bruiser I thought I spied one of the Tamiya marked Futaba 4ch radios like with the xb high-lift.

I wonder if they will release some to go along the Bruiser? Would be MFU compatible as well, what do you think are the odds people?

Having seen it, I'm not that worried about missing out on the brush if I do have to wait, I leave my tyres with mud on anyway!

Box art is still big and cool and will go well with my other rere boxes, I liked the blisters on the BC and SS but I rarely look in the box so not that bothered.

I really like the clear indicators, I like the way the diffs are lockable by inserting a key, still very exited by the though of it in my hands B)

Tamiya USA have build pics of the new kit:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=599

You have to give Tamiya USA Kudos on this one. They put detailed pics on their website the day it was released in Nuremberg - no waiting and having to look for pictures from others that were lucky enough to be there. Now they have super detailed official build pics before anyone gets their hands on one - a great way to keep us all excited before they arrive.

Good Job Tamiya USA, I wish Tamiya Japan's site had stuff this interesting to look at.

James.

Yes hat's off! Great close ups, they really are on the ball with this one. It was nice for them to mention they have had requests for the rere for 12 years so all the voices were heard as well :rolleyes:

Yes hat's off! Great close ups, they really are on the ball with this one. It was nice for them to mention they have had requests for the rere for 12 years so all the voices were heard as well :rolleyes:

That is cool to hear, just bites we waited twelve years to hear it was in the works !! LOL Could have saved 4K on vintage ones... Oh well !!!

Tamiya USA have build pics of the new kit:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=599

You have to give Tamiya USA Kudos on this one. They put detailed pics on their website the day it was released in Nuremberg - no waiting and having to look for pictures from others that were lucky enough to be there. Now they have super detailed official build pics before anyone gets their hands on one - a great way to keep us all excited before they arrive.

Good Job Tamiya USA, I wish Tamiya Japan's site had stuff this interesting to look at.

James.

Looked at that & it's great . Just can't wait till they get to the gearbox .

video from tamiya usa on youtube for the bruiser

Thanks for this link. Is the JAnderson talking in the video?

What radio and esc are you guys putting in yours?

My hands are not the best, so I am thinking of being patient for the rtr xb to come out.

(Note: there hasn't been a release announcement of this. Just my speculation)

Almost at the gearbox

I see that you have got to it & just started . Then that's it :P ......

This is the most complex part of the hole build & it's going to be the best bit to do .

Good luck , will be waiting :rolleyes: .

With the huge amount of work and money they have put in to reproduce all those metal bits, it would be strange not to use them for other models. So there could be a Mountaineer down the line ;-)

It WILL happen , Two chassis rule :rolleyes: .

Awesome build and time lapse video, Joe! I never have the patience (or memory) to take pictures during a build or restoration like that. Many thanks for the hard work you are doing during YOUR weekend time for us.

From what JAndeson has done so far and having read the manual, this kit is certainly a time consumer!

That's the best thing about it. It's not some simple plastic thing that assembles itself if you shake the box hard enough.