RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

You can't "justify" the cost of it. It's a toy. Toys are luxury items. It costs what it costs. There really isn't a way to comparison shop for a better value; if you want a Bruiser, you won't be satisfied with anything else, and if you don't think it's worth the money, nothing will convince you of its value.

As for comparing the price of the original vs the re-release to figure out what it "should" cost, you have to consider not only inflation, but fluctuations in exchange rates, and the fact that most of the moving parts of the re-re are actually a new design. You also can't really make a comparison to the High-Lift trucks. Material choice aside, it also has a higher number of unique parts than the High-Lifts, which have identical front and rear axles and share several parts with other models. It's not even comparing apples and oranges; it's more like apples and broccoli.

I've been wrestling with the question of "is it worth it to me?" ever since it was announced, and I think the answer, now that I have seen the manual and found out the details, is yes. It looks like a model I can not only savor building, but also enjoy owning for a long time. The fact that the whole chassis is metal, I'm guessing, will give it the same substantial piece-of-machinery feel that the SRB has, a feel you just don't get from molded plastic parts.

Think it's too expensive? Don't get one. But you can't play with mine.

Thats a very good way of looking at it, as to non rc peeps it will still be a toy especially the wife lol, she wonders why I pay £150 for kit let alone £500!!

At end of the day to high lift did not make buy one in end where as bruiser does, I think it will be the vehicle I use most and be stock maybe only some scale accesories first one being a driver!

try again @ forex maths matey

1st 2 HighLifts are JPY 45k, the Tundra is 48k

Bruiser is RRP'd @ JPY 89,800

Yes, Willy, you are correct. But what Corpse Thrower was saying was that the retail price of JPY 89,800 is way too high. He believes the cost of the design and manufacture of the metal parts is very cheap. So cheap that the 2012 Bruiser should only cost $80 more in street price than the 2009 High-Lift series.

Another way to look at it I guess...

Bruiser = $679 US Dollars from Tower.

I have many RC's that with all hop ups have cost me over $600.

I don't think I'll buying any hop ups for the Bruiser, so it really costs about the same as some of my "hopped up" standard kits!

I can find reasoning for anything. hahaha.... B)

Cheers,

Skottoman

Another way to look at it I guess...

Bruiser = $679 US Dollars from Tower.

I have many RC's that with all hop ups have cost me over $600.

I don't think I'll buying any hop ups for the Bruiser, so it really costs about the same as some of my "hopped up" standard kits!

I can find reasoning for anything. hahaha.... B)

Cheers,

Skottoman

Its a fair point . When i think of the money i have in a custom build its about the same as a Bruiser . Just dont tell my wife lol

hi guys just been checking out the bruiser specs and i see it comes with a 540 type motor.

i,ve noticed the original had a RS-750 SH type.

just wondered why T has changed it if its a re release of the original?

i bet the purist are not happy. <_<

cheers Karl

hi guys just been checking out the bruiser specs and i see it comes with a 540 type motor...

...just wondered why T has changed it if its a re release of the original?

It said in one of the vids the new gearbox meant it didn't need a 750, a 540 would be up to the job.

There's already lots of major changes from the original (most of the changes covered in this thread), it's pretty much a new truck which retains the character of the first one

purist LOL'ing @ all ye naysayers <_<

Bruiser vs iPad3, iPad3 vs Bruiser hmmm.... :lol:

Lol this could be the case for me to bruiser or ipad3 i think they will be released on the same day to!!

yes... one can sense Steve & Yoshio looking down from above, having bets on which side we'll sway... <_<

One is an innovative new platform, full of possibilities for years of enjoyment and entertainment, and the other is an iPad. No contest, really.

purist LOL'ing @ all ye naysayers :lol:

Bruiser vs iPad3, iPad3 vs Bruiser hmmm.... :(

<_< ipad3 with bruiser background :lol: Could be a go ? . :P

hi guys just been checking out the bruiser specs and i see it comes with a 540 type motor.

i,ve noticed the original had a RS-750 SH type.

just wondered why T has changed it if its a re release of the original?

i bet the purist are not happy. <_<

cheers Karl

Because the whole gearbox has changed.

The new gearbox has full bearings out of the box instead of brass bushings, carbon plastic gears instead of heavy brass, and one less selector fork and dogring. It should be a more free drivetrain with less rotating mass, and shouldn't need as much torque. Hence just the standard 540.

I love the design of the new gearbox.

- James

Yes, Willy, you are correct. But what Corpse Thrower was saying was that the retail price of JPY 89,800 is way too high. He believes the cost of the design and manufacture of the metal parts is very cheap. So cheap that the 2012 Bruiser should only cost $80 more in street price than the 2009 High-Lift series.

Correct.

Why did the original Bruiser cost approx. 1.5 times the price of an SRB, and the re-release costs nearly three times as much? Thats what I'd like to know.

price of oil & electricity energy gone up a lot in past 3 yrs, post-tsunami... :o

to be bluntly honest, have no idea why ppl need to ask "why" something is priced like it is.

Why is a Lamborghini or Ferrari 5-10X the price of your typical family sedan?

Not like its got 10x the amt of metal/glass/rubber.

And why does Porsche get to charge 2.5X as much for the GT3 vs a basemodel 911... :angry:

Prices are prices, if its not in your budget then signal your market choice by not buying it = Economics 101.

One is an innovative new platform, full of possibilities for years of enjoyment and entertainment, and the other is an iPad. No contest, really.

incremental enjoyment & entertainment is marginal...

3spd fleet haven't revved a wheel in anger past 10y &

i haven't found a serious use for last yr's iPad2 yet either

both are tarted-up "new" models being marketed at a premium RRP to a corral of blinkered fanbois :blink:

:angry: ipad3 with bruiser background :o Could be a go ? . :lol:

virtua iBruiser with vroomvroom sounds! maybe with CarMates functionality too... :)

I have an ipad 2 now and it has replaced my laptop for most things as I dont work from home etc. I will have to bite bullet though as I expect I will get email to say bruiser is ready to order before the ipad 3 is available to see in the flesh

here in UK!

Thats even if I am the list for first batch lol! tricky decisions eh!

price of oil & electricity energy gone up a lot in past 3 yrs, post-tsunami... :angry:

to be bluntly honest, have no idea why ppl need to ask "why" something is priced like it is.

Prices are prices, if its not in your budget then signal your market choice by not buying it = Economics 101.

You want to know why people want to know why something costs so much, when it wasnt that expensive to start off with??

Didn't expect such conformist behavior from a rebel such as yourself....... :o

Like. :angry:

Having never experiences a vintage or modern 3 speed, what is peoples view on motors ?

The re-re come with a 540 motor which in theory gives similar performance to the old 750 motor a/c improved efficiency of the drive-train; but what sort of speed does this translate to ? Will anyone be swapping out the 540 for a higher turn motor (35 / 55 / 70 ) ??

I'm assuming the different ratios give a reasonable compromise in speed, from mud crawling through to human jogging speed ?

And why does Porsche get to charge 2.5X as much for the GT3 vs a basemodel 911...

:angry: well said

trained Economist :o

Didn't expect such conformist behavior from a rebel such as yourself....... :blink:

should see what happens in the Econs classes i upturned... :angry:

Having never experiences a vintage or modern 3 speed, what is peoples view on motors ?

The re-re come with a 540 motor which in theory gives similar performance to the old 750 motor a/c improved efficiency of the drive-train; but what sort of speed does this translate to ? Will anyone be swapping out the 540 for a higher turn motor (35 / 55 / 70 ) ??

I'm assuming the different ratios give a reasonable compromise in speed, from mud crawling through to human jogging speed ?

Manual suggests not upgrading motor to anything stronger than the RS540SH.

Not sure if they mean by 'stronger' = more torque or more speed lower turns.

Had thought it might be against lower turns,

but they also say no larger tyres which concerns torque too.

Bruiser 750 on High probably can outrun your jogging human...

I see the first NIB has appeared in the showrooms.

Now the race is on to see who posts the first pics of one built, run, and covered in mud :angry:

I see the first NIB has appeared in the showrooms.

Now the race is on to see who posts the first pics of one built, run, and covered in mud :o

How do these people do it ?. Still a long way till the release date .

Or is it the RC magazine people , Tamiya sellers / shops , importers etc .

WHY!! don't i have one yet sad.gif OH Please !! :angry: