RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Well, I think the size and weight of the box may cancel out the low cost from Hong Kong / Japan in shipping costs.

Picked my two up today from the Local Hobby Shop (Well, 2 hour drive local - ha ).

Size comparison to Tundra 3 speed box.

Geez that box is huge! It is so hard to resist :rolleyes:

Well, I think the size and weight of the box may cancel out the low cost from Hong Kong / Japan in shipping costs.

Picked my two up today from the Local Hobby Shop (Well, 2 hour drive local - ha ).

Size comparison to Tundra 3 speed box.

What does it weight , If you could . Please , As stella does shipping of upto 30kg's $81 US .

This may help out some of the TC members with working out shipping . Or give some sort of help with it .

Very nice getting too bruisers & have you got your ESC yet B) . :rolleyes: . I have done the same thing . But gone

in to the shop to get some parts & came out with new car , radio etc & forgot the parts that i went in for . :unsure: . .

Well atleast you can order that on line if needed LOL . Thanks for the comparison .

What does it weight , If you could . Please , As stella does shipping of upto 30kg's $81 US .

This may help out some of the TC members with working out shipping . Or give some sort of help with it .

Very nice getting too bruisers & have you got your ESC yet :unsure: . :rolleyes: . I have done the same thing . But gone

in to the shop to get some parts & came out with new car , radio etc & forgot the parts that i went in for . :o . .

Well atleast you can order that on line if needed LOL . Thanks for the comparison .

bathroom scale read 13 pounds but it seeme a bit heavier, but in my defense I've missed a few workouts these last few weeks !

Too excited too remember the small details such as esc's B)

bathroom scale read 13 pounds but it seeme a bit heavier, but in my defense I've missed a few workouts these last few weeks !

Too excited too remember the small details such as esc's B)

So that is about 6 kg's ( 5.896 ) . So that it should cost no more than $81 US to send too even ? . ( Not that i'm good with maths :rolleyes: )

So if im wrong let me know that's . :unsure:

Thanks for your time backtomyroots .

Anyone have a picture of the new box next to the org box? I would like to see the size comparison...

Thanks

John

New box being bashful

post-1185-1331653358_thumb.jpg

New Box trying to look thin

post-1185-1331653644_thumb.jpg

I'm so very, very bored today :blink:

Haha, excellent. :D

Woohoo - 40 pages and not a single build photo lol!!

Can't see this one beating the Scorcher's 96 pages. Unless the truck turns out to be a piece of junk and everyone goes on a major rant about it. :blink:

Stella have Bruisers in stock. I received an email about 15mins ago with an update, just received an invoice after confirming what I wanted to do about packaging and shipping. Kits are US$665 + EMS shipping of USD$115 or Standard shipping of US$88 :blink: Not sure how many they have or when/if they will be available to order from their website, depends on long their pre order email list was/is

Stella have Bruisers in stock. I received an email about 15mins ago with an update, just received an invoice after confirming what I wanted to do about packaging and shipping. Kits are US$665 + EMS shipping of USD$115 or Standard shipping of US$88 :D Not sure how many they have or when/if they will be available to order from their website, depends on long their pre order email list was/is

Yep, I got it too, and have one reserved for me. :D

Slightly higher shipping cost balanced out by even lower kit price. :blink:

Can't see this one beating the Scorcher's 96 pages. Unless the truck turns out to be a piece of junk and everyone goes on a major rant about it. :blink:

I think the retail price might help generate half the pages! I still can't get over the MSRP being 3-4 times what it was in 1980. I understand everyone saying the tooling costs and all that has gone up since the 80's but keep in mind this is 25 year old technology. Try and sell someone a computer or mobile device from just 5 years ago for the same price, let alone 25 years ago.

I would really like to get one, but I had a hard time shelling out 600+USD for a hi-lift. A Bruiser (with remote and speed controller) will put you up to about $1,000!

I think the part that bothers me the most is how all the prices are climbing over the last few years. When the first few re-re's came out the pricing was very nice, I have seen them climbing a bit over the years, but the new re-re's are just getting out of control.

Your telling me that a supershot (sorry Super HotShot) has $145 more of upgraded parts over a hotshot?

And take the Clod, check out the MSRP's of the 4 versions.

Org MSRP - $409

Super Clod MSRP - $372 (went down)

Metallica Super Clod MSRP - $530 (added Metal body and ESC) (wow what a jump! $158 for a plated body and ESC)

Re-re of Super Clod MSRP -$503 (again added ESC)

OK, I am off the box!

I think the retail price might help generate half the pages! I still can't get over the MSRP being 3-4 times what it was in 1980. I understand everyone saying the tooling costs and all that has gone up since the 80's but keep in mind this is 25 year old technology. Try and sell someone a computer or mobile device from just 5 years ago for the same price, let alone 25 years ago.

I would really like to get one, but I had a hard time shelling out 600+USD for a hi-lift. A Bruiser (with remote and speed controller) will put you up to about $1,000!

I think the part that bothers me the most is how all the prices are climbing over the last few years. When the first few re-re's came out the pricing was very nice, I have seen them climbing a bit over the years, but the new re-re's are just getting out of control.

Your telling me that a supershot (sorry Super HotShot) has $145 more of upgraded parts over a hotshot?

And take the Clod, check out the MSRP's of the 4 versions.

Org MSRP - $409

Super Clod MSRP - $372 (went down)

Metallica Super Clod MSRP - $530 (added Metal body and ESC) (wow what a jump! $158 for a plated body and ESC)

Re-re of Super Clod MSRP -$503 (again added ESC)

OK, I am off the box!

i have to agree . I know that to many the bruiser is iconic but when there's the trailfinder from rc4wd i have to ask myself why anyone would be willing to pay silly money for one .

I think unfourtantely with this recession its a sign of how things are in all areas. Motorbikes for example have rocketed in price since 2009. I wish now I bought certain tamiya back then along with a certain motorbike! Lol

I have just replied back to order from stella wohhooooo!!

Well it sounds like Stella are shipping using the brown cardboard box Tamiya send it to them in as default so leaves no scope for adding extra items.

I've asked for a quote based on 1 Bruiser plus some additional buggy wheels n tyres, and another quote for the same plus another kit (FAV). Be interesting to see how they work the shipping costs

when there's the trailfinder from rc4wd i have to ask myself why anyone would be willing to pay silly money for one .

Because I want a Bruiser :blink: . Besides, you can get two "updated rereleases fr the cost of an original nib - ha !

All stella have now is ON BACK ORDER , SO i will miss out :blink:

All stella have now is ON BACK ORDER , SO i will miss out :blink:

It said that 30 seconds after i got my email - i think its their default message until such time they establish the number required by those already logged interest and on their 'waiting list'

I am awaiting paypal invoice from Stella, so hopefully I got one! be at current exchange rates about £480 delivered if get no custom charges!

I am awaiting paypal invoice from Stella, so hopefully I got one! be at current exchange rates about £480 delivered if get no custom charges!

I got mine an hour ago. Paid it and that's it done. Can't believe that only 8 weeks ago nobody even knew that this was happening and yet in about a week's time I will be holding a NIB Bruiser in my grasp. :blink:

No response for me yet - me wanting to buy more items from them is likely to cost me my spot at this rate lol!

i got nothing from stella, i have a few email enquiries about this kit but they told me no pre order. i am confused

No response for me yet - me wanting to buy more items from them is likely to cost me my spot at this rate lol!

I added a set of the hybrid spike tyres to my order and thankfully it didn't affect the shipping cost. Total of £500.73. The one thing I don't like about paying through PayPal though is that their exchange rate is abysmal. According to xe.com & others it should only have come in at £486.17. Still very happy about the price I have paid though. There is an ebay seller still asking nearly £70 for those hybrids, and that's just for the rears. :o