RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I just had a heart stopping moment there, i went to pay my invoice from stella and Paypal wouldn't accept my credit card!!!!!! :o . Really thought i was gonna miss out, but a quick call to my credit card company and all sorted. :o They thought it was someone using my card for fraud, nice to know that they are on the ball.

Colin.

I added a set of the hybrid spike tyres to my order and thankfully it didn't affect the shipping cost. Total of £500.73. The one thing I don't like about paying through PayPal though is that their exchange rate is abysmal. According to xe.com & others it should only have come in at £486.17. Still very happy about the price I have paid though. There is an ebay seller still asking nearly £70 for those hybrids, and that's just for the rears. :o

Well i asked for a few sets of LW wheels and hybrid spike tyres - i'd assume the kit box is sealed from Tamiya, so unless they open it up and put th extras inside it for me I can't see how they can ship in the default brown box. Maybe the kit box isn't sealed as your order seems to be OK with them

Well i asked for a few sets of LW wheels and hybrid spike tyres - i'd assume the kit box is sealed from Tamiya, so unless they open it up and put th extras inside it for me I can't see how they can ship in the default brown box. Maybe the kit box isn't sealed as your order seems to be OK with them

Knowing Stella they probably open all of the Tamiya shipping boxes anyway to check the condition of the kit. Looking at the way the Bruiser is packaged I think they will have been able to squeeze in a set of hybrids without harming any of the existing contents. Can't see anything else being able to fit in there though.

Knowing Stella they probably open all of the Tamiya shipping boxes anyway to check the condition of the kit. Looking at the way the Bruiser is packaged I think they will have been able to squeeze in a set of hybrids without harming any of the existing contents. Can't see anything else being able to fit in there though.

You're probably right Andy -i'm asking for too much stuff in the one box !

Stella just added this to the Bruiser page...

Kit is in stock but we must fulfil orders of customers who already expressed interest in this kit before adding inventory to our store. If you have not yet received email from us - please email us again. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

have resent my email of 6pm last night as no response yet.

If my dealings with Stella so far are anything to go by i should have an email just after 4pm UK time, seems they don't bother replying any other time lol!

If my dealings with Stella so far are anything to go by i should have an email just after 4pm UK time, seems they don't bother replying any other time lol!

Or if you think about it , they maybe inundated with e mails & orders . So you may have to give it time . :o

I have noticed that too. :o I imagine they spend most of the day packing & posting stuff and then deal with the next enquiries.

I also imagine they are having a very busy day today. :o

This is proving tough – I have my invoice from Stella, but it’s such a lot of cash, the PayPal exchange rate is such a rip off, and my finger is just hovering over the ‘pay’ button! It’s about right that this is post number 999 (the UK emergency services telephone number) as my head needs help (!), but I'm not expecting any sympathy mind you!!!! Time to take the plunge...

I hav'nt used paypal's exchange rate for 3yrs ordering through PayPal.. ppf! no way!.. I have always chosen my banks financial currency exchange option during checkout Always!.. and i have saved a bundle of $$$!.. the page will give you the total in the countries funds only, but before you click on the paypal pay now tab, open another tab & click another internet search page and go to yahoo currency converter and type in your country & the country your buying the kit from & enter the amount you have to pay.. you may see a difference.. its always a bit less for Australia & i guess it should be the same elsewhere i hope for you all.. just trying to help you all out to save a few $$$!.. I have checked my transaction history on my phone and its cheapest for me not to use paypal's conversion funds..

Hope this helps..

Got mine from the local dealer today and carried it by public transport all the way back home. Paid US$610.

Just a quick check and find that the tires are the softer Blackfoot version instead of those harder version from the original Bruiser and Mountaineer. Windshield is lightly tinted. And for those who opened the box and couldn't find the windshield, don't panic, it is inside the sealed box with the motor, gearbox parts and screws.

Strangely, I expected I would be pretty excited when opening the box. Mine will be build and run. But before that, I need to finish my re-re Avante first.

I am planning to make some alloy Wheels copied from the original Bruiser. It will be a two pieces wheel. Because the front and rear axles of the Bruiser has different width, the wheels will have different dimension front and rear to correct this problem.

I hav'nt used paypal's exchange rate for 3yrs ordering through PayPal.. ppf! no way!.. I have always chosen my banks financial currency exchange option during checkout Always!.. and i have saved a bundle of $$$!.. the page will give you the total in the countries funds only, but before you click on the paypal pay now tab, open another tab & click another internet search page and go to yahoo currency converter and type in your country & the country your buying the kit from & enter the amount you have to pay.. you may see a difference.. its always a bit less for Australia & i guess it should be the same elsewhere i hope for you all.. just trying to help you all out to save a few $$$!.. I have checked my transaction history on my phone and its cheapest for me not to use paypal's conversion funds..

Hope this helps..

Surely if you want to pay with PayPal you have to use their exchange rate?

I am on the list with Stella but don't know which shipping option to go with. They give you the option of extra protection for the packaging which bumps the price up to $111, or $141 with EMS. Not sure if it is worth it or not.

Also, do most people on here choose EMS shipping? I seem to remember reading that this increases the chance of it being hit by customs.

EMS shipping is faster (4-5 days vs 10-18days to UK), hence the extra cost - it still comes the same route as AirMail, so gets the same handling but is just prioritised (at least thats how i understand it).

Stella are shipping using the brown cardboard box that Tamiya ship to them in - if Tamiya deem it good enough to get to their distributors then i assume its sufficient to survive another journey (i think Stella add a bit of extra bubble wrap for good measure). You can pay extra for a bigger box to allow for more internal padding, but it won't alter the strength and rigidty of the cardboard partitions inside the kit box).

I've had a response from Stella - they'll package my extras inside the kit box, so i've asked for the invoice using AirMail service.

Whether AirMail is any more or less likely to incur customs than EMS service i don't know ?

Deed done here too. It's a chunk of change for sure, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own it.

Just waiting for the Porsche 959 to come out now! That would be more important to me than the Bruiser

i am at a loss, i originally emailed stella very early feb about pre order a couple of follow up emails and still no love.

I guess maybe i am not a good enough customer. As good as they have been this causes a sour taste. Time to find another dealer

I cant wait to see some builds real soon

i am at a loss, i originally emailed stella very early feb about pre order a couple of follow up emails and still no love.

I guess maybe i am not a good enough customer. As good as they have been this causes a sour taste. Time to find another dealer

I cant wait to see some builds real soon

Did you email them again today? They added another note on their Bruiser page this afternoon asking anyone who had not heard from them to recontact them....

Did you email them again today? They added another note on their Bruiser page this afternoon asking anyone who had not heard from them to recontact them....

yep , re emailed them an got brushed off (and got a reply). I guess my buying history with them had no effect either.

I can only assume they have such a strong business they dont need or want any more of my money.

Now i just wanna see some build pics while i find a new store to deal with.

Anyone know which Tamiya light kits fit this kit (and whether you need any additional LED lights not in the kits)- is it one TLU-01 light unit and also one TLU-02 light control unit?

If you look on Tamiyausa here http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=599 (scroll to the bottom to see anice video of them working out of the truck) you can see that they use 2x TLU-01 and 1x TLU-02 but this is for all the lights. If you want to have just headlights and brake/tail lights then you could buy 3racing's led kit for about £15 i think.

Colin

So tempted to buy, It's like a dream this to me, everything seems perfectly set up, There is the chance to buy a Bruiser kit (re-re or not, I don't care) and I have the funds to actually buy (albeit out of my savings to move country haha). Only two things are putting me off buying at the moment really. 1) I've three other models that need finishing which the money could go to (Scorcher, 037, and Mountaineer) and 2) If caught for duty and vat (which it probably would with the state this country is in at the moment), the total price will go from €600 to €760 :o which to me is just a little too high for my liking. Hmmmmm decisions, decisions

yep , re emailed them an got brushed off (and got a reply). I guess my buying history with them had no effect either.

I can only assume they have such a strong business they dont need or want any more of my money.

Now i just wanna see some build pics while i find a new store to deal with.

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I've never bought from Stella before but , other than them only replying to emails at 4pm UK time, I've only had good experience so far.

I hesitated for a few hours whilst out at the cinema, but after a few drinks i've hit the button on the invoice - one Bruiser plus 2 sets of LW wheels and 2 sets of hybrid spike tyres.

but after a few drinks i've hit the button on the invoice

This is how most of my RC purchases are made. :lol:

While you may wake up and have "Buyers Remourse", it will be gone when the box arrives!

Hahaha...

Cheers,

Skottoman

A good brushed system would be my pick (it is actually, I've got one ready and waiting :lol: )

This gives extraordinary low end torque and control with about all the speed you'll ever want for the Bruiser: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti00...=LXBJEL&P=7

You're wasting your money by buying that system. For that kind of money you can pick up a brushless system for crawlers which will have more than enough torque and its way more efficient.

Bruisers are starting to come up on evilbay ........

Bruisers are starting to come up on evilbay ........

interestingly at the same sorts of prices stores have them for. (i would have expected them to be higher)

So far i have seen them for $615 aud to $700aud, shipping between $70 and $120 aud.

As i got the brushoff from Stella i have decided to wait until things settle a bit as i am sure the prices will drop to the low $600's once the early adopters have been taken advantage of.(usually i am one of them)