RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

interestingly at the same sorts of prices stores have them for. (i would have expected them to be higher)

So far i have seen them for $615 aud to $700aud, shipping between $70 and $120 aud.

As i got the brushoff from Stella i have decided to wait until things settle a bit as i am sure the prices will drop to the low $600's once the early adopters have been taken advantage of.(usually i am one of them)

Yer $615 aus , that sound good .

Yer $615 aus , that sound good .

Ive sent an email to stella, where else are you guys ordering these from?

Ive sent an email to stella, where else are you guys ordering these from?

Banzai hobby out of stock

rcmart not listed yet

some on ebay at £450 plus shipping (55 to UK) - whether genuine or a scam , dunno !

I to finally done the deed with Stella, after my bank stopping my card lol which is a good thing for fraud when buying expensive things!

For me I think I was 100% going to get it as soon as I saw the details released, was a bit worried it was going to be to much like old one gear box etc.

Glad this all new whilst it still looks great and scale overall!

Now just got to sell of some stuff I dont use and tell everyone it only cost £200 lol hehe!

Banzai hobby out of stock

rcmart not listed yet

some on ebay at £450 plus shipping (55 to UK) - whether genuine or a scam , dunno !

Banzai has not got stock yet , This has been like this for a week or so .

So i hope they will have stock tomorrow . But they are a bit costly on postage on most stuff .

I had found .

rcmart have them listed in new items, price is taking advantge a bit

Anyone thinking of doing an alternative to the boxart blue ?

Looking through the original bruiser showrrom entries theres only abour 10% at best that aren't box-art. Not sure that many colours will work with the supplied decals but interested what people are thinking??

Looking through the original bruiser showrrom entries theres only abour 10% at best that aren't box-art. Not sure that many colours will work with the supplied decals but interested what people are thinking??

It looks great in plain white, like this.....and I think the decals would probably go well with the colour too.

Bruiser1.jpg

Bruiser2.jpg

Now thats a great colour just plain white I love the stance of it from behind is this and original with mods?

Now thats a great colour just plain white I love the stance of it from behind is this and original with mods?

Not sure, it used to be in the showrooms but seems to have disappeared now.

Definately me :lol: I've some ideas in my head colourwise,but not decidet yet as i'd like to use the decals as well...I never was a friend of the boxart blue,don't know really why

I plan on making mine a Mounty, I like the body and red better, Im not a big fan of the sleeper. I have the decals, I just need the roll bar and non-sleeper part of the cab.

I think its a better choice the chassis rails are black, as to me shiny silver is not realistic for a mud going truck. I suspect the truck be way finished before I even think of the body lol! will no doubt mount it first un-painted then decide and take about 3yrs doing so lol!

Anyone think there will Bruiser a bodyset or spare parts for sale? (official ones that is, not from the breakers on eBay)

I suspect the truck be way finished before I even think of the body lol! will no doubt mount it first un-painted then decide and take about 3yrs doing so lol!

Haha, that has always been my weakpoint. My Lancia 037 has sat unpainted for a verrry long time. Really must get on that!

I've never done box-art in my life, so I don't think this will be any different!

I am hoping to have complete body sets available, so I don't have to piece them together later on.

Cheers,

Skottoman

It looks great in plain white, like this.....and I think the decals would probably go well with the colour too.

Bruiser1.jpg

Bruiser2.jpg

Was this Bruiser build by a TC member..?? Its funny..I have not seen it until now...and some days ago when I bought it from the bay...:-) ...It cost less than the re-re and the listing said new build..I am still waiting for it to arrive and the reason I bought it was this great looking white body..Looks like flat white,,

Another great color for my taste is a red one I have seen in the vintage Tamiya Bruiser video,,Red with blue stickers looks cool also....

On a side note..Have you seen there are allready two listing at Ebay for the re-re Bruiser from HK for more than 24hours now and only two sold from the 6 available...lets see how it goes...

Cheers,,,!!!

Was this Bruiser build by a TC member..?? Its funny..I have not seen it until now...and some days ago when I bought it from the bay...:-) ...It cost less than the re-re and the listing said new build..I am still waiting for it to arrive and the reason I bought it was this great looking white body..Looks like flat white,,

Another great color for my taste is a red one I have seen in the vintage Tamiya Bruiser video,,Red with blue stickers looks cool also....

On a side note..Have you seen there are allready two listing at Ebay for the re-re Bruiser from HK for more than 24hours now and only two sold from the 6 available...lets see how it goes...

Cheers,,,!!!

How bizarre that I posted some photos of it around the time that it was sold! I must say you got it for a fantastic price as it's one of the sweetest Bruisers I have ever seen. :(

How bizarre that I posted some photos of it around the time that it was sold! I must say you got it for a fantastic price as it's one of the sweetest Bruisers I have ever seen. :(

The correct timing sometimes is unbelievable..!! It felt good today when I saw your photos...:-)

I was amazed that I bought it since I bid only with a price limit of a re-re Bruiser.I think it was also due for it being listed with shipment for Europe only.Comes with a great stand for it also,,:-) ..

I think more great examples of vintage Bruiser will appear in the future in good prices due to the re-re...

Let see what the future with Mr.Tamiya is holding us...I just started reading his book and I feel like I have met him allready...

Cheers..!

The correct timing sometimes is unbelievable..!! It felt good today when I saw your photos...:-)

I was amazed that I bought it since I bid only with a price limit of a re-re Bruiser.I think it was also due for it being listed with shipment for Europe only.Comes with a great stand for it also,,:-) ..

I think more great examples of vintage Bruiser will appear in the future in good prices due to the re-re...

Let see what the future with Mr.Tamiya is holding us...I just started reading his book and I feel like I have met him allready...

Cheers..!

If I had seen it listed I might have put a bid in myself. :P

Seriously though, I think you got it for a steal. Congratulations. :(

Can anyone with the 2012 Bruiser tell us what Tamiya have 'stamped' inside the body sections ? I want to know if they have updated the markings or not, as I plan to restore my vintage Bruiser and am currently chasing (and being out-bid) on original bruiser bodies for over $250US. I might be able to simply wait for the 2012 Bruiser bodyset if the markings are the same.

Can anyone with the 2012 Bruiser tell us what Tamiya have 'stamped' inside the body sections ? I want to know if they have updated the markings or not, as I plan to restore my vintage Bruiser and am currently chasing (and being out-bid) on original bruiser bodies for over $250US. I might be able to simply wait for the 2012 Bruiser bodyset if the markings are the same.

Sorry to say but the re-re Bruiser body is a High-Lift Hilux body with an extra re-designed rear bed to make it a Bruiser.Not like the old one-piece rear bed.So there are no old stamps inside.

Also the front bed has the extra holes of the HighLift for side steps and right side mirror ,so, the new Bruiser decal sheet gives you some small decals to cover them with.Also has the holes for front side signals.

Rear bed is exactly the same as HighLift again with holes for rear lights.

Realy it was very easy for Tamiya to create a Bruiser body since HighLift is in production.

One good thing you can get from the re-re and is the same as the vintage Bruiser/Mountaineer are the very rare until now plastic bumpers and interiors.Unfortunatly the Mirror is not the old style but looks old style not like HighLift's one.The windsheils is not black like Highlifts but tinted so its better but you can see its not like the old one.

I think Tamiya will have an easy job to introduce a Mountaineer which is basicaly a re-re Bruiser chassis with HighLift body and Mountaineer style decals.

Hope I was a bit helpfull...:-)

Cheers...

Has or does anyone know if the TAMIYA TEU-302BK ESC are available yet as it's the esc to use ( TAMIYA TEU-302BK ESC are recommended. )

From stella site .