RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

They do look very solid in colour maybe used lots of layers! i know in past some of my lights have looked pink where clear red is to think like.

Tons of wires just for the lights a mammoth task in itself! be worth it though im glad it comes with light mounts and buckets etc!

Mine has been posted by Stella to wohhoo!

Ok lets get the facts straight...

Tamiya America, inc. is in business as the USA Tamiya agent. Our job is to supply our customers with Tamiya goods. We sell direct to Distributors which then sell to stores. We also sell select products direct to dealers, and we offer all products direct to consumers. We are not in business to be in direct competition with our dist channel, so we price our web at MSRP unless it is on sale. We know that not everyone is within driving distance to a hobby store, so they can purchase direct or find another online store. Just like any product really you as the consumer need to shop around for the best deal, we consider our online store as a last resort to get Tamiya, as we would prefer you purchase from a store. All stores and dist can special order from us on products they do not normally carry.

We are the USA agent for Tamiya goods.

We are not here to sell direct.

We sell direct to make sure anyone in the USA can get Tamiya goods.

Our online prices are at MSRP unless an item is on sale.

We would rather you purchase from your local store.

Hope that all helps...

Joe

Hi Joe,

Great build thread, the body looks amazing. Would it be possible for you to list what you used for lighting? number of TLU-01 and 02's and number of led's, size and colour etc?

Also what paint did you use to paint clear lenses?

Hi Joe,

Great build thread, the body looks amazing. Would it be possible for you to list what you used for lighting? number of TLU-01 and 02's and number of led's, size and colour etc?

Also what paint did you use to paint clear lenses?

Watch the movie & that tell's you .

1x TLU-02

2x TLU-01

1x white 5mm front head light

1x white 3mm front marker lights grill

1x yellow 3mm front marker fender

1x red 3mm brake lights tail

1x white 3mm reverse light tail

1x yellow 3mm rear marker light fender

2x yellow 3mm blinkers front & rear .

. :lol: alot of lights , may need to get the 750 motor :unsure: ....

Tamiya paint

X-26 clear orange

X-27 clear red

X-24 clear yellow

These are what he MAY have used ?.

1x TLU-02

2x TLU-01

Tamiya paint

X-26 clear orange

X-27 clear red

X-24 clear yellow

Ahh thanks, laptop not playing youtube to well at mo!

I guess for lights it means 1x 1 pair etc?

this is going to be expensive I have one TLU-01 only at mo!

His clear paint looks really solid not like when i have used it on static models atleast then it has been almost to see through to me.

Ahh thanks, laptop not playing youtube to well at mo!

I guess for lights it means 1x 1 pair etc?

this is going to be expensive I have one TLU-01 only at mo!

His clear paint looks really solid not like when i have used it on static models atleast then it has been almost to see through to me.

Yes too 1x means 1 pair .

Not to sure on the paint , But being a tamiya man . You would think that's all he would use :lol: ?.

My Bruiser from Stella arrived in the UK last night, tracking shows it is still awaiting customs clearance :lol: . I was always thinking it would get caught, not because of the declaration, but because it is in an official Tamiya box with the model number sticker on the side (unless Stella removed it which would have been nice).

My Bruiser from Stella arrived in the UK last night, tracking shows it is still awaiting customs clearance :lol: . I was always thinking it would get caught, not because of the declaration, but because it is in an official Tamiya box with the model number sticker on the side (unless Stella removed it which would have been nice).

Mine is still in transit lol only been about 12 hours, I am sure it said in customs for my XR311 to but then came through fine. Would hope they have removed any markings or covered them as otherwise customs could find value of the item easily!

I would say the size and weight of the box would be the first worry and then the markings on the outside if customs wanted to start searching for value (especially when they see the manufacturers RRP :unsure:). I think we need to get an inside person at customs haha.

1x TLU-02

2x TLU-01

Tamiya paint

X-26 clear orange

X-27 clear red

X-24 clear yellow

Couldn't you just stuff an MFU-02 in there instead of all this?

Couldn't you just stuff an MFU-02 in there instead of all this?

Don't know as it was tamiya.com that put it all in , so if it could have been done they would have ??. MAYBE :lol: .

Or they didn't think of it , or it don't fit ?. Time will tell , when you get your bruiser & do a build thread & put one in . :unsure:

Don't know as it was tamiya.com that put it all in , so if it could have been done they would have ??. MAYBE :lol: .

Or they didn't think of it , or it don't fit ?. Time will tell , when you get your bruiser & do a build thread & put one in . :unsure:

I'm guessing it's very possible it doesn't fit. There's not a lot of room under there.. although anything can be modified...

Or I could just put in a static 3Racing LED set and have all lights on for $12.

3Racing make a nice little unit which controls brake lights, working flashers, reverse lights etc etc. I used one for my Wheeler project. Cost about £15 if I remember right. I'm sorry, but Tamiya TLUs are outdated and overpriced.

Well mine is showing in transit on hkpost website and accepted on royal mails. I went for the cheaper mail service so I suspect mine is still in HK.

Last night I bought some bits n bobs from revolutionshop on the bay. I've ordered a lighting set with flashers etc for under £9 delivered - it was intended for a drift project but in hindsight it might actually be ok for the bruiser!

Why can't the MFU go under the bonnet? That's where I put it on my hi-lift.

Or where the gearbox & interior is . Looks like about 2 inch's give or take & the width of the body .

How big is it ? . Do you think it would fit ?.

Why can't the MFU go under the bonnet? That's where I put it on my hi-lift.

What about inside the sleeper cab?

That's exactly where i'd put it too personally!!!!!!

Won't you see that ?. :lol: not much room .

Won't you see that ?

Not if you put a bit of black plastic sheet in front of it - there's nothing to see in the sleeper anyway, so wall it off.

You could always tint the cab 'glass' as well if you need more space

Hey, if the MFC-02 fits on the Hilux highlift I guess it could fit on the bruiser.

I think I might go this route and just make it an even more expensive kit if it does fit.

I guess if it doesn't fit, I can stuff it in one of my other trucks. They are costly though!

Cheers,

Skottoman

Looks like customs have finished with my Bruiser, expected delivery is tomorrow 😃

Do you have any charges to pay?

Mines coming AirMail - this mornings status is that its advised on Royal Mail and awaiting departure at HK airport on HKPost

Mines coming AirMail - this mornings status is that its advised on Royal Mail and awaiting departure at HK airport on HKPost

Mine is exactly the same. :)