RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Not sure about charges yet, but it is coming express 24 and online it shows expected delivery is tomorrow. It only left customs at 8:30 this morning after arriving 20:30 Friday night. Hopefully that means there are none. I had mine sent EMS

Not sure about charges yet, but it is coming express 24 and online it shows expected delivery is tomorrow. It only left customs at 8:30 this morning after arriving 20:30 Friday night. Hopefully that means there are none. I had mine sent EMS

You would know by now if you had been hit by charges so it very much looks like you escaped. :)

Its arrived!! No import charges (phew). Great packaging from Stellamodels as always. Photos going into my showroom on the main site shortly

Just had a quick look at the shipping box. Stella have cut out the Tamiya logos and product detail stickers so there is no reference as to what is inside - probably why it came through customs

Just had a quick look at the shipping box. Stella have cut out the Tamiya logos and product detail stickers so there is no reference as to what is inside - probably why it came through customs

Excellent. Hopefully the rest of us will be as fortunate. ;)

Its arrived!! No import charges (phew). Great packaging from Stellamodels as always. Photos going into my showroom on the main site shortly

Any damage at all to the box?

I have one on its way from Stella too. I think it is on the plane at the moment!

Mine is at Heathrow now so I might actually receive it within a few days at this rate. Was expecting it to be early next week before I got my hands on it.

Mine is exactly the same. ;)

Ooh thats good, mine has less chance of being the one pulled by customs :(

Ooh thats good, mine has less chance of being the one pulled by customs :(

;)

Ooh thats good, mine has less chance of being the one pulled by customs ;)

Do you reckon they just pull straws to decide who pays? :(

One of the cardboard tabs that hold the chassis has come off completely but other than that no damage internally. Stella did pack it out quite a bit with bubble wrap and polystyrand. They also reinforced the corners of the outer box so the actual kit box was in percect order. All in all I am a very happy chappie, hope everyone else's come through as mine did. I imagine that I will start the build this week, maybe tomorrow

I think customs in UK is random, as even if all our bruisers had full value declared etc, they would never be able to process every item. Also I am sure they said recently there will be less border workers and I bet there will be less customs peeps to!

I hope mine is here very soon, think stella was a good choice for sure!

Mine is at Heathrow now so I might actually receive it within a few days at this rate. Was expecting it to be early next week before I got my hands on it.

Ah, mine still in transit - i forgot you got your invoice back a day or two before me as i waited to see if Stella could stash more goddies inside the Bruiser box ;)

cant wait for some builds, congrats to you guys that got some Stella lovin (they r still ignoring me)

Sorry to say but the re-re Bruiser body is a High-Lift Hilux body with an extra re-designed rear bed to make it a Bruiser.Not like the old one-piece rear bed.So there are no old stamps inside.

Also the front bed has the extra holes of the HighLift for side steps and right side mirror ,so, the new Bruiser decal sheet gives you some small decals to cover them with.Also has the holes for front side signals.

Rear bed is exactly the same as HighLift again with holes for rear lights.

Realy it was very easy for Tamiya to create a Bruiser body since HighLift is in production.

One good thing you can get from the re-re and is the same as the vintage Bruiser/Mountaineer are the very rare until now plastic bumpers and interiors.Unfortunatly the Mirror is not the old style but looks old style not like HighLift's one.The windsheils is not black like Highlifts but tinted so its better but you can see its not like the old one.

I think Tamiya will have an easy job to introduce a Mountaineer which is basicaly a re-re Bruiser chassis with HighLift body and Mountaineer style decals.

Hope I was a bit helpfull...:-)

Cheers...

It's good hear that the 2012 body is different. This means the 'extra effort' of restoring my original Bruiser body will be well worth it. I am glad Tamiya made the 2012 Bruiser, and that it does differ from the original. I might still get away with buying some 2012 white bumper parts to fit to my original. Who could tell if these were the original ones (in 20 years from now) ? LOL

It's good hear that the 2012 body is different. This means the 'extra effort' of restoring my original Bruiser body will be well worth it. I am glad Tamiya made the 2012 Bruiser, and that it does differ from the original. I might still get away with buying some 2012 white bumper parts to fit to my original. Who could tell if these were the original ones (in 20 years from now) ? LOL

I bet Wandy could. He's very thorough and a stickler for details ;)

I bet Wandy could. He's very thorough and a stickler for details :P

Or just obsessive, depending on which way you look at it. :)

Slightly off topic, but how do you track an item once it's left Hong Kong? I have put the the tracking number into the Royal Mail website but it just says 'Advised'. It left Hong Kong two days ago so it should be in this country now shouldn't it?

Slightly off topic, but how do you track an item once it's left Hong Kong? I have put the the tracking number into the Royal Mail website but it just says 'Advised'. It left Hong Kong two days ago so it should be in this country now shouldn't it?

it will continue to be advised until RM get it in their hands - whilever its in the air or with airport/customs personnel it won't show. Trouble is it can literally be with you before you notice the status change (eg check at 9pm one day and it could be on your doorstep by 9am next)

For transmitters suited to the Bruiser, Dickie-Tamiya Germany recommends the Carson Modelsport Reflex Stick 6-channel 2,4GHz, for batteries regular 7.2V NiMH batteries.

Though I'm not sure if these are perfect choices.

Are both the left and right sticks self centering / spring loaded ? It seems only the 4VWD and the 4GWD from futaba are equipped that way !

I've checked the transmitter at my LHS today. Both sticks go forward/backward and sideways, and both are self centering using springs.

Are both the left and right sticks self centering / spring loaded ? It seems only the 4VWD and the 4GWD from futaba are equipped that way !

I've checked the transmitter at my LHS today. Both sticks go forward/backward and sideways, and both are self centering using springs.

Most all the Futaba stick radios can be converted to have self centering springs on the left stick.

I just converted my 4YF radio to self centering a few moments ago... You just have to get the parts.

Most all the Futaba stick radios can be converted to have self centering springs on the left stick.

I just converted my 4YF radio to self centering a few moments ago... You just have to get the parts.

Good to know, my 4YF needs doing aswell, what parts are required, and are they easily/readily available online?

cant wait for some builds, congrats to you guys that got some Stella lovin (they r still ignoring me)

Give 'em some time, they probably have their hands full with the orders they already have. Their service is normally really good.

- James

I had a mad dream last night i got my bruiser but was charged customs and other handling charges and it made it cost more than if I got it in UK lol, wierd seemed so real though! Hopefully mine will be hear early next week all I know is its left HK! No doubt be a trip to parcel force depot miles away!

Exciting though! Having a lot of think about colour choice any know of hand what TS colour is stock colour? I am not sure if I like the stickers on side and they will only really work with the blue to! hhhmmmm!

I cant wait to see of any hop ups from tamiya and others, though I dont want to go mad!