RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Finally got mine open man that box stella packs is tough!

I love how they have hot glues blocks of polystyrene together to fill voids and wrapped parts in bubble wrap amazing, only the card strap that holds chassis near end of box was torn, im not bothered but i guess if you bought to keep NIB will be. Looks a bit of a silly design on tamiyas part to hold doen a heavy chassis part. I bet it is torn by time it even gets to Stella!

Tough packaging ! Took me ages to get through the double skinned brown cardboard box, then the beautifully created bubble wrap covering.

Internals packed out nicely - took me a while to find my lightweight wheels and hybrid spike tyres though, some were under the body, others in the void beneath the axles !

Like yours i have a very small tear in the cardboard strap holding the chassis rails on the right side - no big deal. It would have been easy to pop all the these parts in a box or bag and forego the visual impact of the cardboard layout, Tamiya couldn't win either way !

Picture12112003.jpg

There's no doubt that it's been good for those of us that have got these from Stella to have received them packed so well, and avoiding 'you know who'. Mind you, I just looked on the declaration on mine: Description - Toy Car Kit, Total Value - US$26. Great value kit then (!) but I think the tears would start rolling if it had got lost or arrived badly damaged as that lowly figure (below the UK threshold where things get stopped of £18 or around US30) would presumably also be the limit on the insurance payout! Ouch!!

Very good point - Stella do all they can practically but they can't legislate for abnormal handling !

Not sure what mine was declared as - i'll check, although i did ask them to reduce the value. In hindsight a bit of a gamble, but i'm sat here with my lovely new Bruiser and £100 saving ;)

There's no doubt that it's been good for those of us that have got these from Stella to have received them packed so well, and avoiding 'you know who'. Mind you, I just looked on the declaration on mine: Description - Toy Car Kit, Total Value - US$26. Great value kit then (!) but I think the tears would start rolling if it had got lost or arrived badly damaged as that lowly figure (below the UK threshold where things get stopped of £18 or around US30) would presumably also be the limit on the insurance payout! Ouch!!

It wouldn't make a bit of difference as the amount you are insured for is that which is declared on your credit card/PayPal statement. Imagine if you actually asked a seller to fully declare the value but they accidently put a small amount on the label? Would that mean you were liable for their mistake? No chance.

Head's up! Tower now shows the Bruiser in stock. If you have one on pre-order, expect it to ship within a day or two, provided they received enough in the first shipment to cover all of the pre-orders.

Just been having a good root around in box and I sure as badword do not know how stella get it all back in box nicely with the additional protection! Top marks to eho ever does that!

So many bits to this kit, and nice to have the real manual, interesting how the listing of parts and jap only order bit is now on a seperate sheet, I also had one blank sheet of A4 paper to.

Even the box is great to look at!

Head's up! Tower now shows the Bruiser in stock. If you have one on pre-order, expect it to ship within a day or two, provided they received enough in the first shipment to cover all of the pre-orders.

WooHoo!!!

The Bruiser page on Tower says "IN STOCK (Limited Quantities)."

My pre-order says "Invoiced - Processing in Warehouse"

Which probably means someone trying to get one that has not pre-ordered could get one quickly if they jumped on it.

Cheers,

Skottoman

I walked in to my local hobby store and took one look at the owner and he took one look at me and said, "I already ordered what you're here for and I'll call you as soon as it ships". That was two weeks ago. Today, he called and said it will be arriving on Friday. Same price as Tower, and this way, I get to support a small, local business.

Finally a pic of mine shows how big box is compared to A4 manual!!

I walked in to my local hobby store and took one look at the owner and he took one look at me and said, "I already ordered what you're here for and I'll call you as soon as it ships". That was two weeks ago. Today, he called and said it will be arriving on Friday. Same price as Tower, and this way, I get to support a small, local business.

Same here....going to LHS tomorrow to finally get my own "affordable" NIB Bruiser that arrived today! :unsure:

Looks great Joe I love the driver, thanks for tips will come in handy for my build!

Thanks Lee, Hope to get a video shot soon of it and all the lights. I'd like to see everyone's builds, as always let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Lee, Hope to get a video shot soon of it and all the lights. I'd like to see everyone's builds, as always let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks Joe, can you also write a review what your thoughts and driving impression of the rere Bruiser and was it what you expected?

I have added some info on the LED's at the bottom of the build for those that needed it.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature....;article-id=599

Superb info on led lights, I have one TLU-01 so can have head lights right away lol. I thought it looked like you used normal X solid paint not the clear, bet it does give a more

realistic look to.

Now if i had an MFU I would try it but they are far to expensive if it did not fit, shame this would of been a good time to upgrade MFU and make it fit bruiser to as well as high lift.

Is there any news of a revised MFU Joe?

Superb info on led lights, I have one TLU-01 so can have head lights right away lol. I thought it looked like you used normal X solid paint not the clear, bet it does give a more

realistic look to.

Now if i had an MFU I would try it but they are far to expensive if it did not fit, shame this would of been a good time to upgrade MFU and make it fit bruiser to as well as high lift.

Did you read ? he tells you after the light diagram . I know you may have been stuck on the wiring ;) LOL .

Did you read ? he tells you after the light diagram . I know you may have been stuck on the wiring ;) LOL .

I am not quite sure what you are meaning? I was saying I would try MFU if I had one but its to expensive to buy just to try.

realistic look to.

I doubt it, as mfu was never designed for the Bruiser. besides, adding the MFU to the Bruiser it will be just too heavy as bruiser are mostly metal and not to mention Bruisers are already top heavy and flips over easily at higher speed.

I doubt it, as mfu was never designed for the Bruiser. besides, adding the MFU to the Bruiser it will be just too heavy as bruiser are mostly metal and not to mention Bruisers are already top heavy and flips over easily at higher speed.

New Bruiser is supposed to be a little lighter than the original. The MFU doesn't weigh a lot, weight isn't an issue. MFC-02 is a fairly generic part, it was designed to easily mount in the F-350 Hi-Lift, but it will work with all the Hi-Lift cars, and any car you can squeeze it into. It has a small turbo engine sound as well as the chunky V8 sound, so you could even mount it in a touring car if you wanted to. Just have to find a way to shoehorn it in under the body with the shaker motor and mount it. Easiest way would be to remove the interior, but it's desirable to keep the interior. Someone suggested hiding it behind the interior in the sleeper cab, or modifying the radio box to fit it under the bed.

- James

well i checked on my pre order from a place called ckrc here in the states

and my bruiser is on its way to my house should have it early next week

i am guessing monday.

can hardly wait to start the build. i got it for less money than tower hobbies

$719 with free shipping

joecool1962

It has a small turbo engine sound as well as the chunky V8 sound

Actually, if you want a realistic Toyota 22R sound, just toss a handful of pennies into a tin can. ;)

Actually, if you want a realistic Toyota 22R sound, just toss a handful of pennies into a tin can. ;)

;) LOL!!

Is there another sound modules from other companies that would fit in to a bruiser?

I guess a bruiser for real had a V-8?