RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Thanks! I've been searching Tower but no luck...

Badboy

@lee1980

Really difficult to say chap as explained in post work is impeding the build, and ad photo shows quite clearly shows not only is there no motor in it there is no transmission, shafts or electronics for that matter ;)

True lol, silly question! I have just moved house so need to get all my Rc gear sorted and stuff from parents then I can complete my bruiser!!

True lol, silly question! I have just moved house so need to get all my Rc gear sorted and stuff from parents then I can complete my bruiser!!

Well the rolling chassis is complete and all electrics fitted. The sensor lead extension wasn't so bad in the end. Its had a quick test and the 2s Goat system works really well in it, very smooth.Now all I need is a warm day so I can paint it.. Hopefully in the next few months LOL.

Does anybody know where I can find part "G" plastic gears?

I've been trying to get in contact with JR-RC but no luck!

Badboy

JR-RC now has the G parts back ......

Thanks! Just saw them this morning.

I just bought them! :rolleyes: + the gear house + Bruiser decals and hilux decals...

Next will be the "C" bag and chassie!

I got a new project to take place soon... :wub:

Badboy

Well the rolling chassis is complete and all electrics fitted. The sensor lead extension wasn't so bad in the end. Its had a quick test and the 2s Goat system works really well in it, very smooth.Now all I need is a warm day so I can paint it.. Hopefully in the next few months LOL.

Sounds great prob better suited to bruiser than my mamba max. Same here this time last year it was in mid 20's here very warm now its like wind chill freezing!!

Not to hijack this thread...but, ive got a couple questions about Senior Bruiser.

On mine the front drive shaft is real close to the trans. It actually strikes the trans when you compress the front suspension. I's doen't really matter because it will be on display for a while, but it just bugs me.

Also, the traction bars. Do they just kinda float there and rattle around?

DSCN4066_zps65cc683e.jpg

Not to hijack this thread...but, ive got a couple questions about Senior Bruiser.

On mine the front drive shaft is real close to the trans. It actually strikes the trans when you compress the front suspension. I's doen't really matter because it will be on display for a while, but it just bugs me.

Also, the traction bars. Do they just kinda float there and rattle around?

DSCN4066_zps65cc683e.jpg

Traction Bars do just float .

Now the drive Shalft hits on mine as well , NOT to sure if i had set the front diff on the right

angle & this is why it's hitting ?. I'm sure i had , But may not done enough ..

My vintage Bruiser has ALOT of room in the front , But then again the leaf springs in it .

Have more of them , As my RN36 i didn't put all of the leafs in .

Now the drive Shalft hits on mine as well , NOT to sure if i had set the front diff on the right

angle & this is why it's hitting ?. .

I agree -- Check your manual: There's alignment marks on the axle housing that show you what position the diff should be in.

@KennyG: Yours looks like it's clocked a few degees higher than standard?

I agree -- Check your manual: There's alignment marks on the axle housing that show you what position the diff should be in.

I set the axle so the knuckles are at 90 degrees since they are clocked about 5 degrees from the output shaft. But I think i'll rotate the axle back a few degrees. Thanks for the input!

Went ahead and rotated the axle so now it's only at about 1 degree. Looks much better and no rubbing.

Now my question is: How can I increase the track width in the front axle so that the front and rear axle are the same? I saw RC4WD has some beadlock wheels that correct the width issue, but I don't want to spend $130. Any suggestions?

Mine was set right , with manual . NOW 4 The big BUT !! . I'm dumb , I put the leaf's the wrong side :( ... :lol: ....

Here are some updated picts of my Bruiser. I now remember how much I disliked doing window trim on ABS plastic. There is always a run somewhere in the masking..

file_zps94ae255e.jpg

file_zpsc84beb9c.jpg

file_zps659f45ce.jpg

file_zps7914fa2c.jpg

At first I had some reservation for the size of tire in relation to the amount clearance can be seen. Now, it looks find. The white wheels are nice and good trim paint work.

Thanks. I still feel that it sits too high. It's not as easy to lower the bruiser as it is with the Hilux 3speed.

If I remove the white leaf spring helpers, it will lower it, but then I have to mess with mounting the shocks elsewhere etc.

Let there be light!

DSCN4083_zpsfa0aed8d.jpg

DSCN4086_zpsdafd1b11.jpg

Lighting is the Rc4wd Mojave basic lighting kit. Can't go wrong for $17. The pics make it look way crummy, in person they really look good.

Anyone got any ideas on what to replace the pot-metal axle mounts with? Something more robust?

Someone who is obviously not me might have overtightened one side of the leaf spring u-bolts and heard a disconcerting "pop" :rolleyes: ... and it wasn't the plastic helper bit. Although the fractured mount is held in place nicely by the plastic bit now.

Most enjoyable kit I have built to date, regardless. :wub:

Due to the staggered spring track, it could be a bit of a mission. Try RC Channel, they do a set for the Bruiser (I think) or RC4WD.

DIFF LOCK ACSESS

I have got myself a set of front and rear axles from the new bruiser, off e-bay, to fit to my original Hilux 4x4. I have always wanted working differentials in this model, since i bought it in 1984. I saw that the re-re Bruiser has got working diffs, and i searched e-bay till I found a complete set on offer, not built.

What I'm wondering is WHY Tamiya put the acsess hole for the diff lock pin, on TOP of the of the diff ?

If you want to lock or un-lock the diff on a run , you have to dismantle part of the suspension, to get to the grub screw, to inset the pin ???

Why is it there? Why did Tamiya not put it at the back , like the Hi-lifts, or underneath, where it could be got to , with out having to dismanle a lot of parts ?????

I did lol at that when I realised that was the top of the axle. Yeah, not their brightest moment.

Now that the re-bruiser has been out for some time, what is going price? The LHS around here are selling it for US$536.00,which i think is about right as the Mounty back in the early to mid 80's was going for around $3XX.00. Now if only Tamiya would re release the blazer.

And Blitz, very nice photos... the back ground and lightin with your box art finish makes a good color combination.

Who is selling a Bruiser for 500us? Ill send you money to pick me up another!