RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I'm still waiting for the Mountaineer re-re. I wonder why it's not out yet?

i think you can buy from some on-line seller for the necessary parts to covert the Bru to a Mounty. the decals your are on you own, but you will find them or make your own.

I'm still waiting for the Mountaineer re-re. I wonder why it's not out yet?

The Bruiser includes the Mounty rear wall, all you need is decals and a Highlift Hilux roll bar and you're done. Like I did :) ... except the decals. I would not of done the Mounty box art anyway.

Has no-one noticed that the Bruiser is now available from Stella for $679 all in to the UK? That is a mere £422!

I wonder how or why the price has come down so much?

Has no-one noticed that the Bruiser is now available from Stella for $679 all in to the UK? That is a mere £422!

I wonder how or why the price has come down so much?

I always found Tamiya prices very reasonable. Is only when out of product model prices are driven up by collectors or buyers that are willing to pay for double or triple the market price when the models were still in production. I recalled before the re-release of the XC (now CC-01) like the Jeep, Pajero, Mu etc..they were going for as high as $350.00+/- , which one can get the 1/14 scale Tamiya truck (at least here in Asia) with 3 speed, metal frame, 10 wheels and tires! I guess price is driven by supply and demand...good old economics 101. :rolleyes:

The price from Tamico have been 599€ for a very long time now = 497 £ / 787 $.

Guess there were just produced more than they could sell for the start out price.

I always found Tamiya prices very reasonable. Is only when out of product model prices are driven up by collectors or buyers that are willing to pay for double or triple the market price when the models were still in production. I recalled before the re-release of the XC (now CC-01) like the Jeep, Pajero, Mu etc..they were going for as high as $350.00+/- , which one can get the 1/14 scale Tamiya truck (at least here in Asia) with 3 speed, metal frame, 10 wheels and tires! I guess price is driven by supply and demand...good old economics 101. :rolleyes:

The Mu has been re-released??

Or have they made there money / cost & these are the extras ?..

Just installed the black bumpers and associated black parts, pretty complete set. Only thing that doesn't make sense is that Tamiya didn't included black Nerf bars, Ill have to order another set and paint then semi-gloss black, Pics will be up soon.

• Like 1

Not bad.. it just slightly more than I paid for it from Tower using a coupon back in 2012