RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Thanks Andy, nice to see they added more to tamiya blog, love the advert! hehe

Did you see vid of kids on trailers being pulled by 1/14th tractor trucks only in Japan I guess lol, the trailer must be motorised to!

Still show off MFC to, is it about time for an update though on the MFC? is it really out of date?

The 1st piece of bad news arrives. It won't be blister packed.

I'm not going to believe this for a second!

One of the main reason for T. to bring us back the Bruiser is to satisfy us collectors,they answered our calls.They brought back blisters on the Buggy Champ,on the Avante and so on...So why no blisters?To save costs for some britteling plastics on a kit that costs almost 1000bucks?Never... Why all this effort and then they fail with blister-packaging? Don't think so,really not...

We'll see

One of the main reason for T. to bring us back the Bruiser is to satisfy us collectors,they answered our calls.They brought back blisters on the Buggy Champ,on the Avante and so on...So why no blisters?To save costs for some britteling plastics on a kit that costs almost 1000bucks?Never... Why all this effort and then they fail with blister-packaging? Don't think so,really not...

We'll see

It will almost certainly be to do with keeping costs down, in a similar manner to why the Buggy Champ came without Sand Blaster Jrs. Not the end of the world but it would have been the icing on the cake.

£750 is the UK price. Ouch.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Tamiya-Toyota...r-p/ta58519.htm

The 10% TC Member discount is going to be handy ;)

5 years free forum subscription when you buy a Bruiser !

Seriously though, i'm sure Fusion and other retailers have their hands tied very firmly by the UK agent, or perhaps Tamiya themselves.

Sadly, it looks like my business will go to a HK seller, even if i have to wait for a second or third batch of stock and pay $80-100 shipping.

$750 + $100 / 1.5 exchange rate = £570 - i'll risk the import duty potential.

Loving this. ;)

Tamiya-58519-Toyota-4x4-Pick-Up-Bruiser-RN36.jpg

Awesome, someone should get them printed as posters, i'm sure people would buy that, i know i would!

Anyone else feel Tamiya could do so much more.....i.e print posters of models, mugs, t-shirts, sell decals separately and also re-release older ones.

Colin.

Awesome, someone should get them printed as posters, i'm sure people would buy that, i know i would!

Anyone else feel Tamiya could do so much more.....i.e print posters of models, mugs, t-shirts, sell decals separately and also re-release older ones.

Colin.

Somebody got this high res?

We'll see

I'm going to have a heart attack if this kit comes without blister-packing. I would reconsider to buy a new one.

It will almost certainly be to do with keeping costs down, in a similar manner to why the Buggy Champ came without Sand Blaster Jrs. Not the end of the world but it would have been the icing on the cake.

£750 is the UK price. Ouch.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/Tamiya-Toyota...r-p/ta58519.htm

Ouch a mondo! from reading fusions site it does not come with an ESC either?

I don't see the big deal whether it comes with Blister pack or not.

Same whilst I like it as had on Srb re-re's its not a deal breaker for me as will be building it asap!!! but I can see why peeps want them and un-damaged if keeping NIB!

I don't see the big deal whether it comes with Blister pack or not.

Well, I'm sure all the blister nutters here are going to be pretty disappointed, especially, as someone already mentioned, considering all the trouble Tamiya had to go through to re-releasing this thing and then just failing at the packing. They have done it with the BC, SS, Avante, you name it and here all of a sudden they can't do it? Common, give me a break.

I think the demonstration Bruiser does not have an MFC controlling the LEDs, but rather a Tamiya TLU-02 and TLU-01 installed. The TLU-02 comes with two wire harnesses that connect up to to two TLU-01 modules for LED control. The TLU-02 is the "control module" and hooks into the steering and throttle servos and makes the brake and reverse lights come on at the appropriate times. The TLU-01 is just a "power module" that drives the LEDs according to the TLU-02's wishes.

I have a TLU-02 and two TLU-01s mounted in my HiLux High-Lift to control 23 LEDs total.

More info about the TLU-02: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=53937

I wonder if the kit will come with the appropriate parts trees and screws to mount the LED lights to the various points on the body, including the headlights, front indicators, blinkers, and side indicators, like the HiLux High-Lift does.

The new Tamiya R/C Line up vol.1 2012 is now available from Stella and features the Bruiser on the cover ;) . Just ordered my copy :D

Clicky

Colin

Darn guess its only just come out since 1st fo feb, but could of got one with my last kit doh! lol

I think the demonstration Bruiser does not have an MFC controlling the LEDs, but rather a Tamiya TLU-02 and TLU-01 installed. The TLU-02 comes with two wire harnesses that connect up to to two TLU-01 modules for LED control. The TLU-02 is the "control module" and hooks into the steering and throttle servos and makes the brake and reverse lights come on at the appropriate times. The TLU-01 is just a "power module" that drives the LEDs according to the TLU-02's wishes.

I have a TLU-02 and two TLU-01s mounted in my HiLux High-Lift to control 23 LEDs total.

More info about the TLU-02: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=53937

I have the TLU-01, certainly be cheaper than a MFC but wont have sound or vibration really!

TLU-01 is the cheap part

TLU-02 is the not-so-cheap portion,

plus all the extra LED packs,

and a 2nd TLU-01 if needed

then you start scrabbling for room ;)

Just returned from the fair. Sorry no pics, but:

- The wing mirror is different at the base, it does not feature the little screw.

- The wiring of the Bruisers LEDs on the test track looked very DIY.

- It drives really nice with the diffs, shifting is a lot smoother than on the original.

Oh, and Seidel has it listed for EUR 599,99! >Click!<

Just returned from the fair. Sorry no pics, but:

- The wing mirror is different at the base, it does not feature the little screw.

- The wiring of the Bruisers LEDs on the test track looked very DIY.

- It drives really nice with the diffs, shifting is a lot smoother than on the original.

Oh, and Seidel has it listed for EUR 599,99! >Click!<

Wow really cool you could go to show, bet it was great to see for real!

- I see maybe screwed from inside or glued on.

- most likely is the TLU-02 and 01 units i bet.

- you got to have a go!

Makes it about £497 then eeek!