RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I do not bring this up to stir anything, but only to warn anyone here that may have been involved with the following eBay auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220947409507

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220948276791

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220948404678 (This auction was deleted by eBay, but was for the same item as the first two, and had 1 sale before it was removed last I saw it.)

The three above auctions were for the Tamiya Bruiser 2012 pre-order for $558.00 and free shipping.

I contacted the seller today to ask what the plan was. Mostly I was curious. I did not buy anything, but was curious what the next step would be for the seller.

This is the response (bold emphasis is mine):

"I have no information about that item or barely know what it is other than a 4X4 truck. I never created the listing and never made any money from it either. The person who had gained access to my eBay account changed my personal information as well as my original PayPal account information so no funds for that item was ever seen or received by me. This is why I am advising people contact eBay and or PayPal right away in filing a claim for the transaction. Currently I'm battling selling fees on my account that is over 600 dollars."

No surprise to find out that it was a scam then...

About Stella and pre-orders.

I mailed them before new year and preordred a Avante BS and XS311 when listed. I got answer just minutes later and they confirmed to get stock about 2 days from then. I would be hearing from them when stock arrived. But since i never heard anything.

Surely it has been an miss somwhere, and today im not so angry as i already has the Avante 2011 and belive an Egress is coming too... :-)

But now i smile toward an BRUSER...LOL

Zlimmy

As far as the thread goes, the Bruiser re re is epic. A few tweaks to it makes it different than the original.

Price, not my concern, I'll sacrifice here and there to make up for or thin out my collection.

Performance comarison to today's trucks ? Irrelevant, the Bruiser is from an earlier era, no comparison, it is it's own legend.

It'll be nice to discuss the truck itself once it hits the shelves and starts to get built and run .

100%agree

Also funny how people start to panic now as some mail enquiries got answered already and some not :)

Why so in a hurry?it's not a limited kit,there's enough kits for everybody,i'm sure.Me not being in a hurry i have no intentions in paying 100bucks shipping/toll fees just to get my kit 2weeks earlier from oversees when i can wait until my local HS has it in stock :P

100%agree

Also funny how people start to panic now as some mail enquiries got answered already and some not :)

I have no intention of wanting to be the first - i'm not panicking, although if i find there's a waiting list equivalent to 6 months supply i won't be impressed !

I'm pretty certain that chassis has been made by RC4WD for a while, if Tamiya had a copy right over the name Bruiser they would have done something about it by now.

Estimated price of US$700 per kit,

Weight of kit packaged to send as yet unconfirmed,

Cannot guarantee perfect/mint box covers,

Not accepting payment for the kit until actual deliverable quantity is confirmed,

Limited to one kit per customer for this first batch,

Orders will be taken on first come first serve basis, based on your initial email contact with us regarding this kit.

Please confirm by reply to this email whether you would like to be updated on the availability of this kit.

Regards, stellamodels

Well got to think about it.... With shipping and import duty an additional $200-250 should do the trick.

As eager to wanting one a new computer is a better investment now.

Hi all,

I've been AWOL for a while now just this is BIG news for me. saw it the other day it's just sunk in.

I think I like the surprise as well perfect timing for me I thought the Toyota 4x4 and Blazer would come back first but this is the model I stared at in the shop so double happy I can wait for the others.

The Bruiser was THE Tamiya of the 80's for me so over the moon, haven't got around to getting my favs yet, so big orders a coming this year.

I'm still thinking two is the way to go and would hate to miss out this time around.

Of all the re-res so far it is my top choice I would have got one 5 years ago or 5 years from now still as excited as ever.

I have to agree that it's a scale off roader and thats how I'll drive it a jack of all trades with the three speed, I don't expect it to master any :P except FUN!!!

I didn't get the hilux high-lift as I was waiting for this,as I've said before, my faith in Tamiya has served me well.

So thank you Tamiya for once again giving me this link to my past. The vid put a grin no my face instantly top job with the music.

Will use Stella again but as I waited so long I may miss the first batch hope not though, didn't think to reserve.

I'm aware of the competition but they can't match the icon for me so there is no real challengers in this case, just as with all the other re-res I have.

Building it will be worth the cost to me, I'll be in profit the first time I run it :)

Hope to be in a bit more this year, got a lot of comments to catch up on on the main site!

Wishing all your 2012 are as happy as Tamiya have made mine

Cheers skywhelp

I do not bring this up to stir anything, but only to warn anyone here that may have been involved with the following eBay auctions:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220947409507

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...em=220948276791

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220948404678 (This auction was deleted by eBay, but was for the same item as the first two, and had 1 sale before it was removed last I saw it.)

The three above auctions were for the Tamiya Bruiser 2012 pre-order for $558.00 and free shipping.

I contacted the seller today to ask what the plan was. Mostly I was curious. I did not buy anything, but was curious what the next step would be for the seller.

This is the response (bold emphasis is mine):

"I have no information about that item or barely know what it is other than a 4X4 truck. I never created the listing and never made any money from it either. The person who had gained access to my eBay account changed my personal information as well as my original PayPal account information so no funds for that item was ever seen or received by me. This is why I am advising people contact eBay and or PayPal right away in filing a claim for the transaction. Currently I'm battling selling fees on my account that is over 600 dollars."

I wonder how he still can answer the e-mail when his account was hijacked. When a hijacker gained access to his account and changed his paypal address, why is he not changing the e-mail address as well so no one smells the trick?

Tower Hobbies is now accepting back-orders. I placed mine. Total is $789.99 for the kit + $11 worth of filler to get just above $800 - $120 coupon = $680 and free shipping. I don't think even Stella can beat that.

One thing I have not seen mentioned here in this thread is the "BRUISER" name.

If some of you guys remember, the original 1985 Toyota Bruiser kit come up in a box that had the "BRUISER" word in red, then because of a reason I have never known it was deleted, and all the boxes of the kits produced in the late 80's did not have that word. Wonder if the box of the new version will actually say BRUISER??

Can't wait to see the box. And yeah, it would really be a huge turn-off if the new truck comes in a smaller box, such as the ones used in the new cc-01 vehicles.

initial email asking for price and availability 31/1/12 10:33hrs, reply from Stella 11:01hrs

Then posted here in the stellamodels forum section at 11:30 that i'd emailed them to reserve one - that email i got no reply to :)

I also have a email with Siedel Modellbau so not the end of the world (hopefully !)

had a email reply of Seidel, no taking (pre)orders until Bruiser is available. :P

But there price is nice :P

the original 1985 Toyota Bruiser kit come up in a box that had the "BRUISER" word in red, then because of a reason I have never known it was deleted, and all the boxes of the kits produced in the late 80's did not have that word

I thought that was the case, but I checked a few days ago and all the NIB TC Bruisers have the word on the box http://www.tamiyaclub.com/userridescat.asp?id=48&cat=1

Glad you said it too, I thought me memory was on the way out

A cool bonus would be a driver figure included in the kit...

Guess we have to wait for the Hilux 4x4 to be re-released for that :)

img610_03032011134616_2.jpg

I thought that was the case, but I checked a few days ago and all the NIB TC Bruisers have the word on the box http://www.tamiyaclub.com/userridescat.asp?id=48&cat=1

Glad you said it too, I thought me memory was on the way out

Hmmm, can someone can post a pic of a box without the Bruiser logo? I've never seen one without it, every one I've seen has it. Otherwise I'm going to call shenannigans. :)

A better bonus item for a kit of this price would have been a lighting kit.

- James

I can not understand all of this bickering about Bruiser. For those of you that think it is untimely or cost too much or think the Trail finder 2 is better don't buy a bruiser. But, this is a club so why can't you be happy for those of us that do want one. I would'nt miss this opportunity to get one for the world.

A cool bonus would be a driver figure included in the kit...

Guess we have to wait for the Hilux 4x4 to be re-released for that :P

Too true - I could never quite grasp the concept behind putting an interior in and then not supplying a driver - especially a driver they already made :)

Hmmm, can someone can post a pic of a box without the Bruiser logo? I've never seen one without it, every one I've seen has it. Otherwise I'm going to call shenannigans. :)

Looks like my memory is on the way out; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry266590

Turns out 'Bruiser' was removed from the catalogues, no idea about the box;

Referred to as Toyota 4x4 Pickup here; http://www.tamiyabase.com/components/com_v.../cat1989_09.jpg

and Toyota 4x4 Pickup Bruiser here; http://www.tamiyabase.com/components/com_v.../cat1987_05.jpg

1990 catalogue with Bruiser name removed; http://www.tamiyabase.com/components/com_v.../cat1990_06.jpg

Tower Hobbies is now accepting back-orders. I placed mine. Total is $789.99 for the kit + $11 worth of filler to get just above $800 - $120 coupon = $680 and free shipping. I don't think even Stella can beat that.

Im a tower club member and only get coupons up to $50 off purchases over $300. Never seen $120.. does Tower have privileged members that get higher coupons?

Im a tower club member and only get coupons up to $50 off purchases over $300. Never seen $120.. does Tower have privileged members that get higher coupons?

I can get up to $250 off , if i spend $1000 up . :) So i maybe a privileged member ;) .

Ok, this thread isn't really the place to talk about this, but just to get it out of the way, here is what I think I know about the Tower promotions. I could be wrong. It is based on my personal experience, which is limited to just one person: me.

As I understand how it works, if you spend over a certain amount of money with Tower over a certain period of time, both of which I do not know the values of, and you are already a member of the Super Saver Club ($9.99/year), then you may receive an email for a "Gold Preferred" or "Gold Preferred Plus Sale". I have no idea if the old "Gold Preferred Sale" is a lower tier of the "Gold Preferred Plus Sale" or if Tower simply renamed the promotion. I used to get Gold Preferred emails once in a while, but most recently they have been called Gold Preferred Plus. Am I in a third tier of coupons? I have no clue.

Anyway, the email contains coupons for orders that start at $400 and go up to $2500. The coupon codes are not listed below because they cannot be used unless you received the email. In other words, they are linked to your account and your account must be eligible. Also note that non-US customers may receive different coupons and promotions that may be better or worse than this listing.

Gold Preferred Plus coupon schedule
-----------------------------------
Order amount		Savings
$400.00-449.99	  $60.00
$450.00-499.99	  $65.00
$500.00-599.99	  $75.00
$600.00-699.99	  $90.00
$700.00-799.99	  $105.00
$800.00-899.99	  $120.00
$900.00-999.99	  $135.00
$1000.00-1199.99	$150.00
$1200.00-1499.99	$180.00
$1500.00-1999.99	$225.00
$2000.00-2499.99	$300.00
$2500.00 or more	$375.00

For my Bruiser 2012 order, I simply added an $11 item to bring the total over $800 in order to use the $120 coupon instead of just using the $105 coupon.

Hope this helps.

A better bonus item for a kit of this price would have been a lighting kit.

- James

+1 on the box and light kit