RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Bruiser is an overly-modified bog basher.

Toyota didn't make many V8s before Lexus came along.

Hiluxes from the factory came mostly with 4s petrol & diesel, a few V6s.

Actually, if you want a realistic Toyota 22R sound, just toss a handful of pennies into a tin can. ;)

;) The worn timing chain flopping around in between the chain guides and the inside of the timing cover. That brought back some unpleasant memories for me but I can laugh now. Great call.

I ordered mine from rcmart last night, reasonable price and surprisingly the shipping to me was only US$60, but I also ordered some other stuff as well. I am going to get stuck into restoring my original bruiser first, it is probably 99% complete. I was originally going to paint it a different colour, but now that I will have one to bash around, I will paint the original one in box-art, and go beserk with the new one. I was never a fan of the bed add-on bit, so I will leave it off, and paint the whole thing in that awful old toyota sandy/tan/beige colour, and probably add some rust spots.

I am also not a fan of the wheels on the bruiser. I have a set of aluminium rims I bought for the original, so they will go on there, along with the new wheels (old ones are so hard I think they might crack!) ...and then hunt around for a set of decent sized tires from RC4WD. I hope that with the re-release, the likes of rc channel and rc4wd will be making some conversion to a std hex and then I am going to get some smaller rim/tire combo's.

Does anyone know if it will be possible to put an RS750 motor in the new one, like the original one had? It may be too much power for the new gearbox.....otherwise I am going to shove a crawler BL motor in it, and run 11.1V aero packs. Dont need speed, but if you put smaller wheel/tire combos on it, you will lose speed on the gearing....great in low-range 4x4 with a torquey motor.....BEACH TIME!!

22R was in much later model hilux's, the RN36 would have had an 18R motor!

diesel version was the powerhouse L motor, L stands for LOL everytime u get to a hill!

the real thing would have had a V8, an 18R is gutless in a stock RN36 let alone one with such big tyres, let alone with such big tyres going through mud!

Just recieved my Bruiser from Tower Hobbies. It's the first time they shipped it with the brown tamiya box ;) . Should I build or by another and build that?

Just got mine today from Cruizin' with RCs. Looking at that box for the first time since I last saw it in a hobby shop back in 1987 was amazing. Carrying it out the door was even better.

New Bruiser is supposed to be a little lighter than the original. The MFU doesn't weigh a lot, weight isn't an issue. MFC-02 is a fairly generic part, it was designed to easily mount in the F-350 Hi-Lift, but it will work with all the Hi-Lift cars, and any car you can squeeze it into. It has a small turbo engine sound as well as the chunky V8 sound, so you could even mount it in a touring car if you wanted to. Just have to find a way to shoehorn it in under the body with the shaker motor and mount it. Easiest way would be to remove the interior, but it's desirable to keep the interior. Someone suggested hiding it behind the interior in the sleeper cab, or modifying the radio box to fit it under the bed.

- James

Use the box on the back as the speaker box and mount speaker in it facing down.

MFU will easily fit under the bonnet, won't it?

Use the box on the back as the speaker box and mount speaker in it facing down.

MFU will easily fit under the bonnet, won't it?

The speaker enclosure for the MFC-02 is pretty tall, so I don't really see how your going to be able to fit it in between the bed and axle without cutting a hole or lifting the body sky-high.

I recently saw a speaker unit for the tank sound unit, and it looks like they same connector with a smaller overall enclosure size. Makes sense considering the relatively small size of the tank hulls, but I've never seen these units in the flesh, so I'm just guessing that they may be a better fit in the Hilux.

The speaker enclosure for the MFC-02 is pretty tall, so I don't really see how your going to be able to fit it in between the bed and axle without cutting a hole or lifting the body sky-high.

I said use the box on the back as the enclosure. Don't use the one supplied with the unit.

jr-rc has now got 10 of these in stock for a decent price if you missed out on one at Stella.

wow, jason is already selling the spare parts too.

wow, jason is already selling the spare parts too.

Yep ,RN36 parts . I got bodys, bumpers , interior ,mirrors , wheels , tyres , & alot more .

All went in a few hours .

The metal parts are left mostly . I even got a chassis :lol:

Yep ,RN36 parts . I got bodys, bumpers , interior ,mirrors , wheels , tyres , & alot more .

I managed to get some tyres ,decals and other stuff but no bumpers or interiors :lol: Did you buy them all ?

I believe if Jason sold ALL parts for complete gearbox or axles they would have gone to !? ( in a package I mean )

Lol, why didn't you just buy a full kit?

Lol, why didn't you just buy a full kit?

For my runner bruiser i have , Didn't spend too much money for what i got .

Now i have the body set i can get that done B4 i get the bruiser .

So i can spend some time in getting the body done

& won't have to rush it :lol: .

I would have got the bruiser 1st , But i didn't know he was going to sell

them . Till i had payed for the parts , That's when i saw he had 10 of them

for sale . I will get one later , in no hurry . Still have the 1985 bruiser to use . :lol:

I managed to get some tyres ,decals and other stuff but no bumpers or interiors :lol: Did you buy them all ?

I believe if Jason sold ALL parts for complete gearbox or axles they would have gone to !? ( in a package I mean )

I know what you mean with the gear box & axle packages .

NOT quite . Got what i wanted / needed . :lol:.

But it all went fast . No doubt he will get more in .

Now that many of you are receiving these awesome Bruiser kits everywhere, could anybody be so kind to let me know where Tamiya is producing these kits if not in Japan?

I said use the box on the back as the enclosure. Don't use the one supplied with the unit.

Must of been tired; for some reason I read that as the MFC box with the speaker facing down :)

can any of you stella customers tell me if you did anything special to get your kits?

I have been a customer of theirs for a few years now, emialed them months go about a pre order, emailed again on release and i got nothing?? ???

can any of you stella customers tell me if you did anything special to get your kits?

I have been a customer of theirs for a few years now, emialed them months go about a pre order, emailed again on release and i got nothing?? ???

Nothing special, I just emailed them as soon as I heard about the re-release a few weeks back. They didn't reply right away, but they did later confirm I'd been on their waiting list when they sent a mass-mailout to the list of everyone who'd contacted them about the Bruiser.

They are normally very good with returning emails, but it can take them a few days to reply. I can imagine that they are quite inundated with Bruiser requests/orders, or perhaps your email isn't getting through/is getting blocked somewhere? Try sending from another email address.

- James

I missed out , so i will just have to wait .

It's just the way it is .

I know in past I have lost out on things like this with other companies, either because my email went to there junk/spam and they get far to many to check, or someone filed it away who shouldnt of done etc. Or I was simply to late to get one of first ones!

With Stella I was always wondering if same person was replying or not as no name is left on reply, but all the way through process they kept asking if still wanted to order etc.

I know in past I have lost out on things like this with other companies, either because my email went to there junk/spam and they get far to many to check, or someone filed it away who shouldnt of done etc. Or I was simply to late to get one of first ones!

With Stella I was always wondering if same person was replying or not as no name is left on reply, but all the way through process they kept asking if still wanted to order etc.

I'd never dealt with Stella before, but i got replies to emails within 48hours, always late int he day UK time. They even picked up an incorrect email address is mis-typed on their website enquiry form.

@ ozace - It sounds like your emails just aren't getting through, either because of filters or they have blocked you inadvertently ?

Anyone else get an extra G parts bag in their kit? It's the black GF plastic planetary gear bag. For some reason I got two bags and the manual says x1. I also noticed that the parts box in my kit had two stickers with the black dot, which makes me think Tamiya had to add/remove a parts bag after initial packing, so they had to cut the first stickers to open the lid, change something, then re-seal the lid with a new sticker. Anyone else notice this in their kit?