RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

Where's the -95 coming from?

Towers have a member discount & he must be a member too get - $ 95......

<p>

Congrats! I think? Which Hilux 3 speed did you sell?

OSR

OldSchool: I sold the modern Toyota High Lift Hilux 3 speed. Not the OLD / Original one. I wish Tamiya would release the original Hilux Body Set.. well they don't even need to release the body, just want the side step bed. I love how that looks.

Towers have a member discount & he must be a member too get - $ 95......

Well here is the funny thing. I am a standard tower club member but that goes up to $300 purchase only. Gold Tower club members receive discounts much higher. For Christmas, Tower was running discount codes on its home page up to purchases in the thousands. This was open to anyone, not just members. The Bruiser at $779 qualified for $95 off. I actually called Tower and asked them why as a Tower club member, I didn't get a revised coupons, hoping to get a few more dollars off. No such luck lol.

Tower Super Saver club members generally see 15% to 16.6% off at the various order breakpoints below $300. If you're a Gold member (due to buying a quite a bit from them and being a Super Saver club member) then the discount percentages are still the same, just applicable at higher dollar amounts. If you can break a large order up into a few $300 increments you'll do just as well as the Gold members do. On big items like the Bruiser you obviously can't break that up into two or three orders, so it's either the holiday codes (good) or the Gold member codes (better) for the best price on a big ticket item.

The Tower Gold discount on $700-$799, is $105.

So the Bruiser with Gold member discount and free shipping is $674.

Cheers,

Skottoman

Ups tracking says I have a delivery at home :D

I bought a stainless steel hex kit, that hasn't arrived yet.. So I hope I can hold off on diving into the build

I've started on mine, so I'm in the re big b club now! I'm very happy with the kit so far, makes my scx10's look like toys lol. I'm glad I went for it to live out the fantasy, even got the little brush, but got stung by customs, so it's a over 200 euros worth, I better do a lot of tyre cleaning!

@ Raman where did you get the hex kit? I wish I had got one before starting, it's all I would want to change for now.

This is why i have not got anything from towers for some time .

The price is always high & then you get some $$ off .

I find stella is better , for price & packaging .

I've started on mine, so I'm in the re big b club now! I'm very happy with the kit so far, makes my scx10's look like toys lol. I'm glad I went for it to live out the fantasy, even got the little brush, but got stung by customs, so it's a over 200 euros worth, I better do a lot of tyre cleaning!

@ Raman where did you get the hex kit? I wish I had got one before starting, it's all I would want to change for now.

Fleebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271129492448?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Good thing you ordered a few days ago. Bruiser on Tower is now $809.99!!!

I guess it was meant to be. Tamiya's price increase must have kicked in on January 1st lol My kit is one of the ones with the brush in it as well. I could be wrong but it seems they are not moving as well here in the states.

This is why i have not got anything from towers for some time .

The price is always high & then you get some $$ off .

I find stella is better , for price & packaging .

Its not towers fault.. Tamiya USA did a price increase across the board. A bad decision in my opinion during an unstable economy. Stella for you it works out better. you are closer and shipping is less. For us here in the states it becomes costly for entire kits. Parts however are worthwhile. I just received a bunch of parts for my TRF416 from Banzai.. big savings there and paid $4 for shipping. Can't beat that!

<p>

OldSchool: I sold the modern Toyota High Lift Hilux 3 speed. Not the OLD / Original one. I wish Tamiya would release the original Hilux Body Set.. well they don't even need to release the body, just want the side step bed. I love how that looks.

You never know! They might re-release it again! It would be great if they did. I would line up for one for sure! Lots of old 3 speeds out there that need parts!

OSR

Hope my hex stainless screws arrive soon. In the meantime completed front and rear axles tonight. Nice of Tamiya to include hex screws on those parts.

Really enjoyed building the axles, much more than the highlift

Finished building the transmission and shocks tonight. Just out of curiosity.. how different is the current transmission versus original bruiser? I noticed this casing only has 2 plugs hole and has 2 centre sections where as original bruiser looks like it has three sections.

Finished building the transmission and shocks tonight. Just out of curiosity.. how different is the current transmission versus original bruiser? I noticed this casing only has 2 plugs hole and has 2 centre sections where as original bruiser looks like it has three sections.

Too many diffs to mention. I guess you could say they're completely different stuff.

I'd say the only similar things comparing the original to the new one would be the shape of the chassis frame and the electronics' compartment. Oh, the tires, shocks, and bumpers, too. But other than that nothing else is the same.

Thanks Raman, I didn't think of checking d'oh, anyone know if trail finder II axels would fit the look considering the ride hight? I can't make up my mind to go for them or the new beadlocks, not for a long time though lol

Are there any beadlocks that do fit the Bruiser hubs.. Without modification ?

although at this point no-one knows what the extra effort to run the relatively heavy RC4WD rims will do for gearbox internals and other suspension components. I had Rc4WD beadlocks on my modded Clod but they were too much for the 14mm hexes to cope with, stripping several sets of alloy hexes and partly damaging the rear of the rims where the hexes engage.

Heavy rims for show only from now on.

although at this point no-one knows what the extra effort to run the relatively heavy RC4WD rims will do for gearbox internals and other suspension components. I had Rc4WD beadlocks on my modded Clod but they were too much for the 14mm hexes to cope with, stripping several sets of alloy hexes and partly damaging the rear of the rims where the hexes engage.

Heavy rims for show only from now on.

Well - I promise to run mine as I run my plastic wheels. Time will tell - and I shall keep you posted. They're arriving tomorrow (-:

So those are Alu replacements for the plastic rims. I was hoping that there are some 1.9's available, that fit the bruiser hubs, for a more scale look.

The kit tyres and rims are 2.2? Tyre/ rim width is standard or extra wide ?

Pretty sure they're std. size. The biggest win is that they eliminate the offset diff. between front and rear. I'll update when I get mine tomorrow.

So to run the beadlocks we should install the slipper clutch to save the drivetrain from the extra stress generated through the tyres to the drivetrain? Also found an OG bruiser with the yota axels looked mighty fine, but for the price I could almost get a Trailfinder II, well thats my excuse, lol.

I did also find something I had in the back of mind, the offset allows the wheels to get fresh dirt for better traction, a thing truck pullers do, but I think wider in the front.

I hope rcchannel do some adapters for their 1.9 as well or offer a narrower 2.2.