RA1028

Bruiser 2012 (spy photo from Nuremberg Toy Fair 2012

I sent Paul / RcChannel and email last night asking him about those hub adapters. He emailed me Picts of a new wheel they just released. It comes with a new adapter that replaces the bruise 3 hole hub. Much better than the one I posted above since that on attaches to the bruiser hub.

I'm not interested in alu rims, don't care for bling. I want just a pair of plastic / nylon rims that look subtle, like original hills steel ones, or land rover steel ones. If I can't find 1.9, I would settle for 2.2's that have more scale width. Bruisers are 50 mm wide, most others are 30 to 35 mm. Unfortunately I have browsed RC Channel, RC4WD and Junfac and had no luck.

Last option is to convert the axles to hex. There is a guy on eBay that sells a kit for $35..

Regarding the Bruiser tyres, anyone install foams in them? Or just as is.

By the way, I keep reading posts about the strength of the bruiser tranny. Having just finished it, I can confirm that the quality of the gears are quite good. Most were steel, and the black ones are the same reinforced nylon that are optional on TRF201.

I find the tranny internals much better than the highlift 3 speed. Additionally I was using then highlift with a 15 turn reedy double and never destroyed a gear.

Last option is to convert the axles to hex. There is a guy on eBay that sells a kit for $35..

That is the RC4WD kit.

Now I have too many options, I can't decide aarrrhh. I don't care for bling anymore, more function is important, so having the option for beadlock steelies is great, it also adds weight over plastic. The size 1.55 looks more scale but your limited with tyre options, I'm leaning towards the hex kit and 1.9s, for the price and I can always swap back if I fancy a change for 2.2.

I will see what Paul's are like/price I'm happy with his work on the srb sus kits, as the RC4WD look quite good option I'll just see what I like best.

It's great news for bruiser owners, I haven't started on my axels yet, so I might wait till I make up my mind. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the options fitted to the bruisers in the next few months, and as it's a rere and they changed the axels I don't feel any guilt about changing out parts, axels etc. in anyway.

Nevermind, just realised you were saying RC4WD. It was registering as RCChannel in my mind. Becoming old

I finished building the chassis last night with stainless steel hex screws. I noticed that the rear axle rubs a bit on the plastic shroud that is part of the electronics box. I loosened the screws but it still was rubbing.

It's a very tight tolerance.

Anyone else experienced this?

He is in the US, he is an RC4WD dealer. I designed that kit, he has the RC4WD photos on his ebay ad.

Funny last picture! What does that photo have to do with the hex convert kit? :)Badboy

Any more word / photos on the XB/RTR Bruiser and what it will include ? Mr JANDERSON any inside scoop :o ?! (Are you still stopping by TC by chance ?)

Funny last picture! What does that photo have to do with the hex convert kit? :)Badboy

That last photo is plane hideous.... :ph34r:

I'm curious to know if any members here have a Bruiser in other than box art colors? Would love to see some as I just ordered one and I'm not sure if I want to go box art. Maybe so and maybe not, to quote a song. ;)

I'm curious to know if any members here have a Bruiser in other than box art colors? Would love to see some as I just ordered one and I'm not sure if I want to go box art. Maybe so and maybe not, to quote a song. ;)

If you have a look at the TC member rides lists you'll have the chance to find many non-boxart examples to help you decide how to paint yours.

See here: http://www.tamiyaclu...rides.asp?id=48

I've been through that gallery previously and I'd say 85%+ are box art - probably due to the Tamiya decals not fitting too well with other colours. White without or with decals looks good, and some reds look OK too. I've seen a few dark green but they do nothing for me.

I thought about a dark brown metallic with tan coloured sleeper cab for mine, which is stll in the stella packaging in the loft !

Thanks guys. I have three choices I'm thinking of. Box art, French Blue, and a lighter purple. What ever I decide, I'll post some pics once it's built and painted.

I decided to paint mine Italian red, trying to make mine look more like the original Hilux version. Still have some sanding to do and a few more coats to go.

I have gone for box art as its so classic, but plan to maybe not use the reat bed box thing and of course add my own touches. All on hold until we move house later in next month or to. Rc gear sure takes up a lot of moving boxes lol!

One year ago to the day this thread was started, and created previously unseen levels of hysteria and chaos on the forum. :D

• Like 1

Yep, agree there, added a touch myself to mine:

http://www.tamiyaclu...115311&sid=7434

Very nice looking. I went with 1.9 white Land Rover style wheels on mine. I finished putting last cost of Italian red on mine. Now comes gloss coat and more sanding.

I also ordered the Hilux roll bar. Will be painting it white. Going for red with white trim look.

Motor: I installed a Novak 17.5 brushless with a high torque rotor. I had the pleasure of soldering 2 sensor cables together to reach the motor lol. No one makes an extension for them. The longest one is also 275 mm, which is still 25 mm or so short.

I just maidened mine around the front yard, Stock everything except for a RC4WD steering cantilever (because I had one), M´troniks Super E-Trucker esc, 9kg Bluebird steering servo, stock HPI servo for gear changes, NiMH pack.

What can I say... So quiet, so perfect.

For any other than flat off road running, something that will make it flex up, I'd be dropping the rear locking pin in, but for what it is, I am happy just to put around on grass, dirt, gravel, normal stuff, leave the extreme angles to my comp trucks.

Man, I just drove a new Bruiser... been waiting all of 27 years :) It was worth it.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what happened to the Bruiser light kit?? I saw one avalable once on e bay and that was the last of it. Also is there any more news on the rtr Bruiser that was talked about a while ago???

Cheers

Chris